Mods - Tarky

Maybe he was shit then and has improved a lot. Why stir up shit just to prove a point, it's a bit juvenile. For the record I liked Tarky through the youth team into the first team but didn't think he progress quite so far as he apparently has. Thought him a bit short of initial pace, slow on the turn and got caught under the ball a lot. He was good with the ball at his feet and his forays forward were a pleasure to watch. 

2 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Maybe he was shit then and has improved a lot. Why stir up shit just to prove a point, it's a bit juvenile. For the record I liked Tarky through the youth team into the first team but didn't think he progress quite so far as he apparently has. Thought him a bit short of initial pace, slow on the turn and got caught under the ball a lot. He was good with the ball at his feet and his forays forward were a pleasure to watch. 

Give over.... he’s on the wind up.... see it for what it is....

• Like 1

In January 2013 I think it was fair to wonder if he'd be released or not.  He had a decent end to that season in the relegation battle and earn his next contract.

The way he performed in the next season was exceptional.  Lee Johnson deserves a lot of credit for the defender he became, he was the most confident defender with the ball at his feet that I've seen for Latics (Gregan possibly comes close) and the sky really became the limit.

I said to my brother that in 3 years after signing for Brentford that he'd be in the England setup.  He laughed at me.  Typical that he did it in 4!

12 hours ago, underdog said:

You know I'm sooooooo regretting not putting that bet on when I saw him a youth level and thought future England cap there...

damn and blast

I also seem to recall saying, "I think he'll play for England" within 5 minutes of seeing him for the first time.

•  
  • palmer1
  • OWTB Member
  • 5,982 posts
  • Team:Oldham Athletic
  On 26/08/2013 at 12:15 AM, De_La_Vega said:

"had Pope in his pocket"? What game were we watching? Not blaming Tarkowski, but as the senior centrehalf I'd have hoped he would be more dominant. Instead they looked like they could score at will from that battery of corners they had.

And yet they didn't

Dominant? How many men should he mark? Did Pope score? In fact in all the time they "looked like they could score at will" how many did they score from corners?

Said for 2 years this boy is going to be class and he will keep improving......

Brown has improved under LJ but for me he is still not good enough at the back and will be targeted by every team we play, hopefully his injury is not too bad but IMO we could easily do better.

:tongue1:

He was pretty ordinary/poor under Dickov. He got better under Philliskirk. He got even better under Johnson and, after a full pre-season, he was fantastic. His performance at Preston (a game we lost) was one of the best individual performances I have ever seen from a Latics player...