Sign in to follow this  
HarryBosch

Mods - Tarky

50 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Great story. In this day and age he’d have been rugby tackled to the ground and slapped with a banning order though , before saving a mans life !! 

Nah he wouldn't see that bloke at Tottenham with Muamba. 

My Dad had been Dr Kelso's back-up before too, so he wasn't an unknown random bloke. 

1 hour ago, rudemedic said:

Nah he wouldn't see that bloke at Tottenham with Muamba. 

My Dad had been Dr Kelso's back-up before too, so he wasn't an unknown random bloke. 

I remember going to see Dr Kelso in about 1977 because I was worried I might be a dwarf.  I'm 6'4" - the man's a genius!

2 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Anyway hope he was in receipt of a pint from Payton 

He'd have refused. Though I'm not sure how much Payton will remember. 

On 1/17/2019 at 5:06 PM, rudemedic said:

My Dad's more deserving of a Gold brick than Corney and he helped save Andy Payton. 

(He did something very similar for one of our players a few years earlier- think it was Tony Henry). 

So your dad is partly to blame for Andy frigging Payton scoring against us almost every time he played against us...?

2 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

So your dad is partly to blame for Andy frigging Payton scoring against us almost every time he played against us...?

That was my point. 

On 1/13/2019 at 10:35 PM, super_blue said:

Can’t see it myself at that price. 

In terms of the sell on clause (that Corney famously sold for peanuts of its actual eventual value) we only had a clause based on the sale of him from Brentford which was the sale to Burnley. We wouldn’t have had a sell on for every move he makes in his career. 

FFS get over this sell on clause nonsense, we’d already had our figures burnt , we refused to cash in on the sell on clause for  Mikka Richards and ended up with nothing but a blankety blank cheque book ... 

26 minutes ago, mad4it said:

FFS get over this sell on clause nonsense, we’d already had our figures burnt , we refused to cash in on the sell on clause for  Mikka Richards and ended up with nothing but a blankety blank cheque book ... 

Except if we had kept the sell-on clause when City got a loan fee we should have got a cut. 

We, aka Corney, had already sold the sell on clause. 

16 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Except if we had kept the sell-on clause when City got a loan fee we should have got a cut. 

We, aka Corney, had already sold the sell on clause. 

We didn’t sell the clause for Richards, and lost out when he joined Aston Villa on a free transfer, and I’m pretty sure that sell on clauses don’t include loan agreements... the clue is

in words “ sell on” 

27 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

#shuddawuddacudda - but it's just historic speculation now and best left in the past

8 minutes ago, mad4it said:

We didn’t sell the clause for Richards, and lost out when he joined Aston Villa on a free transfer, and I’m pretty sure that sell on clauses don’t include loan agreements... the clue is

in words “ sell on” 

We are the only club to ever sell one and we did it twice.

2 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

that's some thorough research right there.

8 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Classic . "Fact"  with no source or evidence.

17 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

So you have an insight to the financial dealing of the other (current) 91 league clubs , then I see .... 

we did not sell on the clause for Richards, and even if we did (considering Richards left city on a free) we would have made some money on the deal (as opposed to the nothing that we got , when he went on a free to Villa)

4 minutes ago, mad4it said:

So you have an insight to the financial dealing of the other (current) 91 league clubs , then I see .... 

we did not sell on the clause for Richards, and even if we did (considering Richards left city on a free) we would have made some money on the deal (as opposed to the nothing that we got , when he went on a free to Villa)

Don't need insight, people on here said it happened.

12 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Don't need insight, people on here said it happened.

And I used to watch s TV program, that said the moon was made of blue cheese and inhabited by a tribe of pig / aardvark like creatures 

17 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

We did.... and Tarky's.... believe me.

He left city on a free , so If that’s the case , we would have made money that than we would have got when he eventually left city 

Edited by mad4it

7 minutes ago, mad4it said:

He left city on a free , so If that’s the case , we would have made money that than we would have got when he eventually left city 

Correct.

2 hours ago, mad4it said:

in words “ sell on” 

Sell on clauses if worded properly provide money in the event of a loan fee. 

They don't just say if sell player we get 10%.

It doesn't matter as we had sold it. 

2 hours ago, mad4it said:

And I used to watch s TV program, that said the moon was made of blue cheese and inhabited by a tribe of pig / aardvark like creatures 

Did we drop a Clanger? 😱😱😱

53 minutes ago, Inspiral_Carpet said:

Did we drop a Clanger? 😱😱😱

Only for a #frenchlad , and obviously on the owner's instructions.