Season tickets 2018/19

8 minutes ago, dec666 said:

Real shame if that's true, I suspected being publicly humiliated on twitter might leave him questioning his support.

It was a shit thing to do, all for a few likes and retweets.

You can say they're targeted ads but anybody who has frequented this site knows there have been some bizarre advertisments from time to time at the top of the page, Google ads are often like this.

It's soft as fuck if it's true. It wasn't in any way malicious. If you can't laugh that off, you're going to struggle.

Luke didn't really do much wrong. The fan in question made it out that the club was at fault and Luke just told him that it's actually based on his history. I wouldn't call him sort by any means as we don't know his mental state, however if it was me, I'd have laughed it off.

Problem is he’s an elderly bloke and he’s had thousands of people laughing at his expense. Myself included. So you could understand him not being happy about it.

Most of us would laugh it off and but there’s nothing “soft” about not wanting to be laughed at. Especially as his picture was on twitter so everyone would know him and be laughing at him.

2 minutes ago, oafc_lover said:

Problem is he’s an elderly bloke and he’s had thousands of people laughing at his expense. Myself included. So you could understand him not being happy about it.

Most of us would laugh it off and but there’s nothing “soft” about not wanting to be laughed at. Especially as his picture was on twitter so everyone would know him and be laughing at him.

I didn't think the joke was at his expense. It's a shame if he genuinely did. It was just a daft situation. 

1 hour ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Not the wisest of moves from Brooke then jumping into bed with AL only to get his fingers burnt

You talking about Simon Brooke the ex trust director and fans rep on the oafc board?

46 minutes ago, oafc_lover said:

Problem is he put it up himself. How actually should it have been responded to?

1 hour ago, longtimeblue said:

It's soft as fuck if it's true. It wasn't in any way malicious. If you can't laugh that off, you're going to struggle.

Everybody reacts differently to potentially humiliating situations, I don't think saying he should "laugh that off" just because you or I would is the right thing to say.

As a club we really can't afford to lose fans like Gary who travelled the length and breadth of the country following not only the first team but reserves when we had them and the youths, don't follow Twatter so missed this one but would be shocked if he has disassociated himself altogether, we are talking about Gary who travelled around with Cleggy? 

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

As a club we really can't afford to lose fans like Gary who travelled the length and breadth of the country following not only the first team but reserves when we had them and the youths, don't follow Twatter so missed this one but would be shocked if he has disassociated himself altogether, we are talking about Gary who travelled around with Cleggy? 

Yeah that’s him. AKA limp dick Larry 

7 hours ago, al_bro said:

Everyone has to pick up a new card from Wednesday taking their receipt with them.

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2018/july/23072018-new-season-card-collections/

What reciept.... Bought on-line, and the cards will be posted.....

No money for stamps ?

Edited by SAV

40 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Bang goes some myths right there.

What are the myths?

I'm sure in another tweet, I'll have a go at finding it, they said ST sales were very slightly up on this time last year.

EDIT: 

Edited by dec666

2 hours ago, adamoafc said:

Ticket office confirmed 3001 sold for the season. More than last season in L1

Good news on the number of ST sold.

I picked my ST card up this morning for the Main Stand Lower (RRE), and it's still got the wrong turnstile numbers on the back! Hope it doesn't cause a problem on Saturday.

On 7/23/2018 at 7:28 PM, Buckshawlatic said:

To be fair, he embarrassed himself publicly blaming the club for adverts that get generated based on what you're looking at on the internet...

Yeah, but they are not totally based on what you look at, as he well knew. Things like age also are factored in. We all know this by the ads we all get.

31 minutes ago, singe said:

Yeah, but they are not totally based on what you look at, as he well knew. Things like age also are factored in. We all know this by the ads we all get.

You absolutely sure about that Singe...? :)