Blackpool (H)

What changes do you think will be made against Blackpool? 

This may surprise many but I'd bring in Tom Hamer at right back. 

Edmundson for Bryan at centre back with Bryan replacing Fane. 

Midfield needs a shake up with  McEleny starting and up from Nazon must come in for Davies. 

I have a feeling RW has had enough of the erratic Byrne and Benya may get another chance. 

2 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Midfield needs a shake up with  McEleny starting and up from Nazon must come in for Davies. 

I have a feeling RW has had enough of the erratic Byrne and Benya may get another chance. 

We will learn a lot about Wellens with his team choice on Monday.  In my mind whether he can cut it or not!

7 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

If we take on board recent comment from Richie Wellens, then he is going to (and has to) make use of the large squad he has available. We are facing 8 games in 27 days in April.

Starting on Monday I believe we will see changes to the starting eleven that he has been overly loyal to. McEleny should start as well as Holloway with hopefully either Benyu or Nepomuceno to give us some width. I’m not sure how close Gerrard is to a return but he has been sorely missed at the back.

We have been poor for the last three games and it is time to shake things up. I would persevere with Byrne but play him in the middle. Doyle is getting into good positions, it’s time he got back to the prolific striker he was before his injury.

Weather permitting, I’m up for the Blackpool game. Only a win will do.

Placide - not really got anyone else.

Moimbe - I like him, would offer him a deal for next season.

Gerrard - if fit (if not Edmundson)

Wilson - Steady player, never lets anyone down. 

Hunt - terrible yesterday, but needs game time to get match fit and he did come up against a very good player. 

Mceleny - not sure he’s ready to start and play 90, but Pringle must be dropped.

Gardner - one positive from yesterday.

Bryan - in for Fane who has been poor lately.

Byrne - tempted to drop him but he’s our best player (not recently) so need to keep him in for now.

Doyle - goalscorer, but needs service from midfield.

Nazon - tossup between him in and Holloway, I feel Holloway is better off the bench and hope Nazon’s pace can cause problems.

41 minutes ago, welshgaz said:

Bit fed up of reading people say that Brian Wilson never lets us down. He does practically every time he plays in a pairing at the back. Not in the least but commanding to do that. 

I think they mean like the reliable Sunday team player that turns up every week but only gets a game when your a man short. Not good enough I agree. 

Davies has to go.... Ive seen brick walls cushion the ball better than he has recently.... We need players up the field and we need to maintain possesion like we did earlier in the season and if he cant hold it up, theres little other reason to keep him in... 

We either play Holloway and hope he can hold it or Nazon and try and play the ball out from further back. With our pitch, I'd go Holloway. 

Anything other than a win is a disaster.... Hope he can get them fired up. 

Holloway has to start with either Doyle or Nazon.  Davies was dire yesterday. 

I‘d like Hamer to get a game too. Hunt was a mess (not fit yet). Hopefully Gerrard is fit. Moimbe is guaranteed a place unless Wellens has lost the plot.   Wilson was slow and definitely at fault yesterday so yes he does sometimes let us down

I’d be tempted to play McEleney (instead of Pringle) and Byrne, but Byrne MUST play central behind the front two. No idea why Nepo is out if favour now?

25 minutes ago, Wardie said:

I wonder if Wellens reads these threads? :D 
I'm picking this game for Doyle to go off on a goalscoring streak again.

Doubt he has time to be on here, we do need Doyle to fire again because we are always going to concede a couple each game.

2 hours ago, Wardie said:

I wonder if Wellens reads these threads? :D 
I'm picking this game for Doyle to go off on a goalscoring streak again.

If he reads the advice on these  threads we'd be in the plays offs now of course. :grin:

Edited by BP1960
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Fruitygoo said:

Davies has to go.... Ive seen brick walls cushion the ball better than he has recently.... We need players up the field and we need to maintain possesion like we did earlier in the season and if he cant hold it up, theres little other reason to keep him in... 

We either play Holloway and hope he can hold it or Nazon and try and play the ball out from further back. With our pitch, I'd go Holloway. 

Anything other than a win is a disaster.... Hope he can get them fired up. 

If he can't get them fired up he might be fired himself, he must know that.

Let''s hope he can get through to this lot every game from now on is  a full blooded cup tie.

Haven't a clue who we should start with a I've only seen us half a dozen times and I could barely see past the row of seats in front in half of them.

But the team we put on when we had a right purple patch, just after Richie took over, looked fucking stellar. So I'd probably think one as close to that as possible.

Have a funny feeling we'll see Blackpool off on Monday. 

3 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Placide

Hunt Edmundson Gerrard Moimbe

Gardner Byrne Bryan McEleney

Doyle Nazon

I'd go with that apart from putting Wilson in at right fullback.Should have started with DN yesterday.

21 minutes ago, Flemboy said:

I'd go with that apart from putting Wilson in at right fullback.Should have started with DN yesterday.

Oh no thanks. He'd get roasted by any half decent winger. Centre back is fine at a push, but his fullback days are surely over.

7 hours ago, welshgaz said:

Bit fed up of reading people say that Brian Wilson never lets us down. He does practically every time he plays in a pairing at the back. Not in the least but commanding to do that. 

After Bury people were saying how good Brian Wilson is. FFS I never got that.

Btw do we still have Omrani who had a mare against Scunthorpe at home?

23 minutes ago, ChaddySmoker said:

Yes always looked good off the bench I thought. Big lad too.

37 minutes ago, ChaddySmoker said:

I was quite alarmed with Hunt's performance at Wigan, he looked nowhere near fit. 

I'm sure Hamer would add some steel and passion to the right back slot, and he has that terrific long throw. Very good in the air too. I'd play him.

Edited by BP1960
  • Like 1