Should Roughyeds be welcomed back to BP?

Roughyeds are having to find a venue toplay their Challenge Cup game v Super League Hull KR as their ground they rent is not eligible.

Should they be welcomed back for this game on 21 or 22 April?

https://roughyeds.co.uk/2018/03/looking-at-ground-options-for-big-hull-kr-cup-tie/

I tihnk w need to sort the pitch out before they could move permanently, but what about this one off game?

I appreciare 2 games at BP in 7 day after almost certainly rules it out, but what about in theory if they progress?

I'd say no as in our current predicament we can't afford to let the pitch get in any worse state because of the rugby. Also Chris Hamilton and Oldham rugby still owe us for when they previously played at BP so can't see it happening.

1 hour ago, Sparkleking said:

I've lost track of who owns what in terms of Boundary Park, but if I am right in thinking that Brass Bank own most/all of it then any income from Roughyeds using it would presumably go to them rather than the club.

Say you had a leasehold house. If you ran an online business from your house, would you pay the profits to the freeholder? That’s pretty much how it would work if we rented to Roughyeds. 

No. 

I like the idea of the sports clubs in the town being connected better and a ground share would be beneficial not just for one game but long term...

BUT the pitch just can’t handle it. It’s a shambles now with just football on it so we’d end up in the same position as Rochdale if he shared. 

So it’s a no from me. 

33 minutes ago, lookersman said:

Rugby on football pitches just does not work two totally different applications look at any shared ground for reasons not to do.

I’d disagree with this. Given a very high level of funding it as more than possible.

Swansea, hull, wigan, huddersfld.

We can’t afford it and the council, sadly,  don’t like or appreciate sport so we need to just forget it.

1 minute ago, Monty Burns said:

I’d disagree with this. Given a very high level of funding it as more than possible.

Swansea, hull, wigan, huddersfld.

We can’t afford it and the council, sadly,  don’t like or appreciate sport so we need to just forget it.

Whilst agreeing with most of this I think the Council's finances not inclination are the stumbling block. Trying to get our pitch fit for football must be the priority.

22 hours ago, jorvik_latic said:

Say you had a leasehold house. If you ran an online business from your house, would you pay the profits to the freeholder? That’s pretty much how it would work if we rented to Roughyeds. 

Not if oafc is a tenant with BB being a landlord. That's very different to being a long term leaseholder.