Change it now....

Starting this topic as we are 1-0 down at home to Blackpool with Wellens seemingly clueless

May be irrelevant if we turn it around but my view is we need a manager with experience or we will be relegated. 

Still 7 games left after today and we have a squad capable of scraping together enough points to stay up... Mainly due to some really poor teams in and around us but that's OK. 

Sack Wellens now and appoint someone like Graham Alexander short term to try and at least organise us and get the most out of what we have. 

It's pretty clear Wellens just can't do this and is out of his depth 

52 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Starting this topic as we are 1-0 down at home to Blackpool with Wellens seemingly clueless

May be irrelevant if we turn it around but my view is we need a manager with experience or we will be relegated. 

Still 7 games left after today and we have a squad capable of scraping together enough points to stay up... Mainly due to some really poor teams in and around us but that's OK. 

Sack Wellens now and appoint someone like Graham Alexander short term to try and at least organise us and get the most out of what we have. 

You went too early....

• Like 1

Much needed 3 points but still not out of the mire and Wellens team selection and tactics questionable. Had no option to bring on Byrne and he changed the game as we know. 

Benyu just tweeted the club asking Wellens to stop ignoring his calls and texts...says it all about his man management abilities 

9 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Benyu just tweeted the club asking Wellens to stop ignoring his calls and texts...says it all about his man management abilities 

Suggest you check that account before deciding its really him, especially the bio and previous tweets

9 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Much needed 3 points but still not out of the mire and Wellens team selection and tactics questionable. Had no option to bring on Byrne and he changed the game as we know. 

Questionable?  They won - that was the general objective.

Says plenty about Benyu I think; you don't go public.  How about the old fashioned way of knocking in his door?  Can't have ignored him that much; he was on the bench vs Wigan wasn't he?

You are beginning to sound a bit silly here

15 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

His bio says “Enjoy sipping cognac and smoking weed”. It’s obvs a fake account.

You say he had no option to bring Byrne on, I’d say it was the plan to bring him to see if he would make an impact from the bench, and hey ho, it worked

1 hour ago, PlayItLivo said:

The time to change manager’s has long since passed.

@Monty Burns To be clear I wasn’t suggesting that we should have fired Wellens. I was saying that the opportunity to change the manager has passed if that was the direction we wanted to go.

FWIW I’d keep Wellens even if we do go down.

4 minutes ago, frizzell54 said:

Yes Ritchie.

Do you not think if he wanted to freeze Byrne out he’d have dropped him from the squad?

He’s probably thought that Byrne’s been off form, give Paddy Mac a chance and bring Byrne on if required and hopefully get a reaction from him? 

That’s how it reads to me. I could be wrong.

Edited by PlayItLivo

2 minutes ago, PlayItLivo said:

Do you not think if he wanted to freeze Byrne out he’d have dropped him from the squad?

He’s probably thought that Byrne’s been off form, give Paddy Mac a chance and bring Byrne on if required and hopefully get a reaction from him? 

That’s how it reads to me. I could be wrong.

Who said anything about freezing the lad out?

2 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Questionable?  They won - that was the general objective.

Says plenty about Benyu I think; you don't go public.  How about the old fashioned way of knocking in his door?  Can't have ignored him that much; he was on the bench vs Wigan wasn't he?

You are beginning to sound a bit silly here

Some reasonable points made so let's wait and see what Wellens does at Oxford next Sat. 

Needs more than a 30 min JB cameo to convince me Wellens is the man to keep us up. 

I hope I'm wrong... ?

16 hours ago, Londonboy said:

So a couple of questions:

1. Were you at the game? 

2. How daft are you feeling now?

Asking for a friend...

3 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

So a couple of questions:

1. Were you at the game? 

2. How daft are you feeling now?

Asking for a friend...

Don’t anything think he said anything  anyone else wasn’t thinking. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. 

3 hours ago, latics22 said:

Don’t anything think he said anything  anyone else wasn’t thinking. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. 

Some may have been thinking that but many others were not (I include myself in the latter group).

The point I was making is that half time in a game is not the time to come out with rash knee-jerk statements such as:

‘We need a manager with experience or we will be relegated’ and ‘It’s pretty clear that Wellens can’t do this and is clearly out of his depth’ - strong comments that will look a tad foolish if we do indeed stay up.

I wonder if, with hindsight obviously, Londonboy thinks his words were a little premature? ?

Edited by TheBigDog

We should stick with Wellens if he keeps us up, and try and build something with him. Doyle, Byrne and Bryan enjoy playing for him and are willing to stay. He wants us to play passing football and with a new pitch over the summer and time to build a squad we could get somewhere with him. Also in January we attempted to sign matt mills and devante Cole which shows potentially that we are able to sign better calibre of player now. Stick with him instead of changing things.