Change it now....

2 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Some may have been thinking that but many others were not (I include myself in the latter group).

The point I was making is that half time in a game is not the time to come out with rash knee-jerk statements such as:

‘We need a manager with experience or we will be relegated’ and ‘It’s pretty clear that Wellens can’t do this and is clearly out of his depth’ - strong comments that will look a tad foolish if we do indeed stay up.

I wonder if, with hindsight obviously, Londonboy thinks his words were a little premature? ?

Just to respond to your points TheBigDog...

• Yes I was there Saturday and have been most weeks for the past 40 odd years.
  • I'm more than happy to have egg on my chin(no pun intended), as the 4 hour drive home in the Easter traffic was a lot sweeter having played OK 2nd half and won the game
  • Also I will be at Oxford at the weekend so say hello!

Most sat around me at HT on Saturday were moaning about Wellens tactics and not picking JB, so I decided to post my opinion. 

My view still stands...since beating Rochdale we have picked up 22 points from 21 games winning just 5. Relegation form and relegation performances in the main.

Anyone who cant see this is delusional.

I'm just saying that in my opinion, having seen plenty of managers come and go over the past 4 decades, he's not the the man for me, or the man to take the club forward next season whatever happens. I hope he proves me wrong.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Londonboy said:

Fucking gutted about tonight but it was coming. 

Players had no belief or direction for months. 

Should have changed it weeks ago as I said but no point now. 

Just need something good to happen Saturday... ?

Why did you use so many words ? Why didn’t you just utter the immortal 3 ? 

Well done you. 

• 2 weeks later...

RIt was crystal clear since we somehow won against Blackpool that Wellens had lost the plot. 

Fucking zero wins since then says it all. 

Who knows if sacking him then would have made any difference? 

What I do know it couldnt have been any worse. 

Can't believe I'll be watching us at Mac next season.... Gutted isn't even half of it. 

On 25/04/2018 at 7:57 AM, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Why did you use so many words ? Why didn’t you just utter the immortal 3 ? 

Well done you. 

I dont really think that "well done you" are quite the words he is looking for...

On 05/05/2018 at 9:52 PM, Londonboy said:

RIt was crystal clear since we somehow won against Blackpool that Wellens had lost the plot. 

Fucking zero wins since then says it all. 

Who knows if sacking him then would have made any difference? 

What I do know it couldnt have been any worse. 

Can't believe I'll be watching us at Mac next season.... Gutted isn't even half of it. 

You were correct. Hopefully we'll be back. Have a good summer!