Oxford vs Latics

Byrne has to start, obviously.

Gerrard back in the starting lineup if fit, but I’ll assume he’s not ready yet.

McEleney to retain a starting spot to keep improving his level of match fitness?

Placide

Hunt - Edmundson - Bryan - Moimbe

Fane

McEleney - Byrne - Gardner

Holloway - Doyle

I think he might play 4-2-3-1, with Byrne as the central player in the 3, and McEleney as one of the wide players. 

If Gerrard is fit, and considering he wasn't on the bench it looks unlikely he might play 4-4-2 with Bryan and Byrne in central midfield. Then again Edmundson might also be struggling. 

This is the nearest League 1 away game for me - looking forward to getting home in time for the Manc Derby ?

i can see him him starting with Byrne, Gardner, Fane and McEleny with Doyle and Nazon up front. Assuming that Gerrard is not fit, the back five will probably be the same as Monday.

High scoring game is on the cards.

I'll be there, I think 4-2-3-1 would ideal for this game.  The pressure will be on them to attack, so if we soak it up and hit them on the break then we'll have a lot of success.  I don't think we'll need either Holloway or Davies as long as Byrne is more advanced to support Doyle.

I'd also go for Wilson ahead of Edmundson as I reckon we'll be under more pressure at the back than on Monday.

Placide

Hunt

Wilson

Bryan

Moimbe

Fane

Gardner

McEleney

Byrne

Nepomuceno

Doyle

Edited by the_mighty_bosh

3 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

I'll be there, I think 4-2-3-1 would ideal for this game.  The pressure will be on them to attack, so if we soak it up and hit them on the break then we'll have a lot of success.  I don't think we'll need either Holloway or Davies as long as Byrne is more advanced to support Doyle.

I'd also go for Wilson ahead of Edmundson as I reckon we'll be under more pressure at the back than on Monday.

Placide

Hunt

Wilson

Bryan

Moimbe

Fane

Gardner

McEleney

Byrne

Nepomuceno

Doyle

He won’t drop Pringle on the left I wouldn’t think 

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

Somebody said Byrne suspended as he reached 10 bookings. Nonsense? 

Cut off for 10 bookings was 37th league match or 2nd Sunday in March. 

So bollocks. 

Premier League has different cut offs hence the confusion. 

Edited by rudemedic

4-2-3-1

Tope Byrne and Mceleney behind Doyle I would pick Nazons but after his half arsed performance yesterday I wouldnt bother especially his walking of the pitch when subbed. We were a goal down at home in a crucial game with 25 mins to go and hes lazily walking of the pitch. Tope I thought gave a half decent cameo and will be able to get up and down the pitch if nothingelse.

Edited by GlossopLatic

2 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

4-2-3-1

Tope Byrne and Nazons and Mceleney behind Doyle I would pick Nazons but after his half arsed performance yesterday I wouldnt bother especially his walking of the pitch when subbed. We were a goal down at home in a crucial game with 25 mins to go and hes lazily walking of the pitch. Tope I thought gave a half decent cameo and will be able to get up and down the pitch if nothingelse.

It was 1-1 when the Duck was subbed. 

2 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

He won’t drop Pringle on the left I wouldn’t think 

Does he play on the left? Does anyone play on the left or right? The lack of width yesterday was so frustrating at times, particularly in the first half. The first instinct of the entire midfield was to come central and collect the ball to feet and there were times yesterday in the first half when Gardner, McEleney and Pringle were all in the middle of the pitch. One of them would get the ball and look up to find no options anywhere. It was fine playing short passes and threading the ball through earlier in the season but we’re now out of that form and it doesn’t seem possible anyway given how the pitch has cut up. Having said that, it does seem difficult to get any width into this team with the players available (particularly as I’d play Fane, Gardner and Byrne as a central three). Perhaps 3-5-2 with Hunt and Moimbe pushing forward or 4-3-3 with two of the front three pushed wider? 

5 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Placide

Hunt

Wilson

Bryan

Moimbe

Fane

Gardner

McEleney

Byrne

Nepomuceno

Doyle

I like this.

21 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Some are better than others though..... and benching your best ones seems daft.

Depends how you want to play I suppose.

I wouldn’t mind seeing AAH given a crack from the start.

Wellens is the one that says he wants to play it on the deck so why not so just that against Oxford?

15 minutes ago, oafc_lover said:

Depends how you want to play I suppose.

I wouldn’t mind seeing AAH given a crack from the start.

Wellens is the one that says he wants to play it on the deck so why not so just that against Oxford?

It's for Doyle that I want AAH to start..... have they every started together? I can't recall they have.....?

7 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

It's for Doyle that I want AAH to start..... have they every started together? I can't recall they have.....?

Not sure actually. I don’t think they have no. But so effective together when he comes on from the bench...