Matt Mills

I wonder if Wellens will try to sign Matt Mills again in the summer from Barnsley? It looks like he’s out of favour with new manager Morais. He’s not played since 10th February and he’s not even catching their bench . I see he was signed on s short term contract until June 2018.

43 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

I wonder if Wellens will try to sign Matt Mills again in the summer from Barnsley? It looks like he’s out of favour with new manager Morais. He’s not played since 10th February and he’s not even catching their bench . I see he was signed on s short term contract until June 2018.

It’s possible.

i would also be looking at a couple of the Bury team when they go down...?

Not seen him play for a number of years so why do we think he’s not catching at Barnsley?

He’s 31 so you wouldn’t think his legs would have gone yet would you?

Going off his experience and the fact he’s consistently played at a higher level I’d obviously say take him but I’d be interested to know why his career seems to have ground to a halt.

Injuries, attitude, bad luck?

2 hours ago, oafc_lover said:

Not seen him play for a number of years so why do we think he’s not catching at Barnsley?

Going off his experience and the fact he’s consistently played at a higher level I’d obviously say take him but I’d be interested to know why his career seems to have ground to a halt.

Could be a simple as 'fickle manager syndrome'.
Manager doesn't like him, face doesn't fit...maybe?

2 hours ago, singe said:

Not sure Ripley and Clarke are the answer now......

Agreed, but I'd be after their LB Leigh. He's out of contract in June, but I think Bury have an option to extend it. I don't know if he can refuse to extend it himself or not.

44 minutes ago, oafc_lover said:

Good for us if that is the case.

Begs the question why they signed him in the first place!

Well the manager that signed him has left to manage Leeds and rumour has it that he's out of favour with the new boss at Barnsley. I think he was captain at Notts Forest for a long time. So he's got bags of experience. 

53 minutes ago, al_bro said:

Agreed, but I'd be after their LB Leigh. He's out of contract in June, but I think Bury have an option to extend it. I don't know if he can refuse to extend it himself or not.

Relegation usually gives the player a few more options. So wouldn't be surprised if he can refuse to extend it when they go down. 

47 minutes ago, oafc_lover said:

Barnsleys manager left after 4 weeks of him signing and their new boss does not seem to rate him

49 minutes ago, oafc_lover said:

49 minutes ago, oafc_lover said:

3 hours ago, oafc_lover said:

Heginbottom signed him and then buggered off to Leeds 4 weeks later and new Portuguese manager is not happy with him

1 hour ago, al_bro said:

I also agree that it would be a big mistake to go and bring Clarke and Ripley back but in the case of Clarke we have no choice because we gave him a contract for 3 years. I hope we can off load Clarke in the summer. Leigh blows hot and cold according to Bury supporters, however he had a good game against us, on the mud bath. Personally I think Mombie is a better player. 

Edited by Smiler13

Id say everyone has massively overestimated the quality of Burys team this season. I know mamy will point to Lee Clark but since he left Burys results havent picked up and they are as good as down already. We were awful at Bury they went 2 goals up any half decent side would have killed us off lets look elsewhere.

Edited by GlossopLatic