Matt Mills

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

Yet he picks him for practically every game. I think Wellens knows how important Fane is to the team. 

Because there's no one else. Doesn't mean he isn't looking at replacements or considering not exercising the option we have on his contract. 

Who knows we might have to pay Kidderminster money after Fane makes a certain number of appearances, or if we renew his contract. He isn't worth spending any more money on (he wasn't worth the £80k minimum we have already spent on him). 

3 hours ago, rudemedic said:

Because there's no one else who is as good as Fane is at breaking up play in the middle. Doesn't mean he isn't looking at replacements doesn’t mean that he is either or considering not exercising the option we have on his contract. But he may also take up that option

Who knows we might have to pay Kidderminster money after Fane makes a certain number of appearances obviously you don’t or if we renew his contract. He isn't worth spending any more money on (he wasn't worth the £80k minimum we have already spent on him). We will have to disagree on this too ?

Ftfy. ?

6 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Ftfy. ?

Put your money where your mouth is. I already have done. 

That goes to anyone else who thinks Fane is good enough for this division. Especially the person who thinks he could go higher. 

4 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Yet he picks him for practically every game. I think Wellens knows how important Fane is to the team. 

I have spoken to Wellens twice over the past year. Once when he was working with Shez, and once when he was our manager and picking Fane every week. Admittedly, both times he had had a couple, but he was far from complimentary about Fane. Wouldn't be surprised at all if we released him in the summer, assuming of course that Wellens hasn't been sacked by then...

14 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

Do you think he is showing enough to keep the job?

Bearing in the mind the circumstances when he took over. Bottom of the league. 4 points from 9 games. Floods of foreign players, many of which not up to it. Transfer embargo’s, takeover taking forever. No experienced assistant. Another season playing on a ploughed field - thanks Simon. Not allowed to sign Matt Mills, amongst others. If he keeps us up, I think he should be given a crack at it properly, yes. I assume you think a rookie should be doing better regardless of the circus going on around him?

10 hours ago, rudemedic said:

Put your money where your mouth is. I already have done. 

That goes to anyone else who thinks Fane is good enough for this division. Especially the person who thinks he could go higher. 

‘Put your money where your mouth is’ ?... well you certainly have Mr rudemedic- I await the retained list with much anticipation.

I’m putting my money into an early bird season ticket ?

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Really? Thought he chose to play a division higher

You weren’t paying attention then.... apparently he was ours - him & Wellens are mates from Leicester - we wouldn’t give him the contract he wanted (Wellens wanted to give him) so he opted to go elsewhere.... Same goes for Devante Cole.

2 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

You weren’t paying attention then.... apparently he was ours - him & Wellens are mates from Leicester - we wouldn’t give him the contract he wanted (Wellens wanted to give him) so he opted to go elsewhere.... Same goes for Devante Cole.

Mate plays for Fleetwood, let’s say our bid for Cole was a token. Nothing like the money Wigan offered the previous day and only got accepted when our bid was ‘announced’. Was never happening. 

28 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

Mate plays for Fleetwood, let’s say our bid for Cole was a token. Nothing like the money Wigan offered the previous day and only got accepted when our bid was ‘announced’. Was never happening. 

Didn't Fleetwood accept our bid? i.e They were happy with what we were offering them in exchange for the opportunity to talk to Cole, indicating it can't have been buttons/token? Otherwise, why would they accept it?

My understanding was that Wigan were prepared to pay Cole more wages than us.... which could well have been buttons/token?..... this is what Wellens referred to when he said something like, "If we'd just pushed it a bit more....."

1 hour ago, lookersstandandy said:

Didn't Fleetwood accept our bid? i.e They were happy with what we were offering them in exchange for the opportunity to talk to Cole, indicating it can't have been buttons/token? Otherwise, why would they accept it?

My understanding was that Wigan were prepared to pay Cole more wages than us.... which could well have been buttons/token?..... this is what Wellens referred to when he said something like, "If we'd just pushed it a bit more....."

No didn’t accept or refuse just put it out that we bid to get more for him. 

17 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I have spoken to Wellens twice over the past year. Once when he was working with Shez, and once when he was our manager and picking Fane every week. Admittedly, both times he had had a couple, but he was far from complimentary about Fane. Wouldn't be surprised at all if we released him in the summer, assuming of course that Wellens hasn't been sacked by then...

This post says much more about Wellens' shortcomings than Fane's.

18 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

50 minutes ago, leeslover said:

This post says much more about Wellens' shortcomings than Fane's.

Or it could also say a lot about Mr Sinnott’s memory after a few pints? ? ?