Walsall (h) 12/4/18

10 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

No be more frustrating than McEleney, not what we need in a relegation dogfight. 

Cant help but think there is a decent player in there, but too many times tonight he took the wrong option or misplaced a simple pass, a bit too early to write the lad off but you could be right about not what we need at the moment.

Young George had a decent game tonight, we need to stick with him as he will only get better with more games under his belt.

I dont like being repetitively negative towards a certain player, but could someone tell me what Tope brings to the team, I for one am certainly not seeing it. 

36 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Frustrating with all those shots at goal but good 'keeping from the Walsall 'keeper, apparently.
A point gained, I suppose.
Usual all-knowing numpties of doom and gloom on Twatter.

I'm usually optimised stic but even I can't help feeling gloomy tonight. They were horrendous and still got a point.

36 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Frustrating with all those shots at goal but good 'keeping from the Walsall 'keeper, apparently.
A point gained, I suppose.
Usual all-knowing numpties of doom and gloom on Twatter.

I'm usually optimised stic but even I can't help feeling gloomy tonight. They were horrendous and still got a point.

Clueless in the final third. 

McEleney is so far off the pace, he has no right to be starting every week at the moment.

Tope - shite, as per. Not sure what Gevaro has done to wrong Wellens. 

Wellens didn't cover himself in glory tonight. McEleney should have come off earlier, Fane should have come off because there is no point in having him on against a team like that who are happy to settle for a point. 

Moimbe is good, hope we keep him. 

28 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

How many times have we given a goal start to the opposition this season? 

5 times in the last 6 games the oposition have scored the first goal  the only time we didnt was at Oxford on saturday which was a 0-0.

You have to go back to scunthorpe away at the start of the March to when weast scored the first goal of the game.

Edited by GlossopLatic

I think Mceleney and Byrne are very similiar players they need players around them to be making runs forward not sure both can play in the same team then again Mclaughlin and Tope havent found any form all season so the options are limited Id give Nazons a go wide on saturday and get either Davies or Holloway upfront with Doyle.

Frustraing really we had alot of possesion I just dont think we stretched them enough. We didnt get round the back of them as much as we could have.

2 points dropped overall

MOTM Moimbe got forward really well gave us width on the left and had a good solid game.

1 hour ago, deckyd said:

Very poor result in context of our relegation battle. 

I don't really agree with this. Think a point against a team that were pretty tough to break down was not too damaging for us. It was a must-not-lose match where we played pretty poorly and disjointed. I'll take a point.

The wind spoiled that match. Made it far easier to lose possession and both teams struggled with Walsall appearing the happier side to settle for a draw.

MOM was Moimbe. Really impressive performance. I'd love us to secure his services for next season. Their lad got away with a nailed down red on him for that lunging tackle. Doyle cut an isolated player tonight, deserves better than the shit he was getting dished up.

As for Byrne, christ he frustrates. And Gardener. Bin him off at the end of the year. It's a step to high this division.

17 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

5 times in the last 6 games the oposition have scored the first goal  the only time we didnt was at Oxford on saturday which was a 0-0.

You have to go back to scunthorpe away at the start of the March to when weast scored the first goal of the game.

But we’re not allowed to talk about our defensive record or tactics. Because Wellens has the impossible job. . . . ?

I said the other day, that if he keeps us up it would be harsh to sack him. But I can’t help but feel, that we flatter to deceive. 

To be honest. Im really 50/50 on him staying in the summer. 

Wellens is really struggling to get a tune out of this team but beginning to think much of it is his own fault. Why are we still giving game time to Obadeyi? Are there no alternatives? McEleney is so disappointing and showing no signs of improving so why pick him?

Paid particular attention to Fane tonight and TBF he had one of his better games for him but MOM you got to be joking. Folks keep saying how much he puts himself about-well he doesn't actually-the game passes him by as he has no awareness of what's around him, our midfield is constantly outnumbered and when he does get it he doesn't know what to do with it. No doubt there will be folks saying how wrong this is but we have changed the defence and the strikers and we are still struggling for results. He is the constant weakness. 

As the above poster says 50/50 about Wellens now after some of the recent performances and team selections. I know he was dealt a poor hand but by now he should know his best team and how to shuffle the pack.

Moimbe MOM he does look a good left back which we haven't had for ages but needs to improve his crossing.

I don't think a point last night is a disaster, but puts more pressure on us to get a win on Saturday.

I thought overall we were poor, we started slowly and Walsall could have been 2-0 up in the first 15 mins, we gradually grew into the game, but inevitably went 1-0 behind again.

It really does make it difficult constantly giving the opposition a goal start before you decide to roll your sleeves and get playing properly.

Good goal from Nazon, who does have some ability at this level buts needs to be more consistent.

I like the look of McEleney he has some good touches and definitely has something about him, I think their's a player in there.

Byrne for me does far too much, he sometimes needs to take the simpler option, he seems to take on all the responsibility for the entire team.

Walsall were poor and definitely came for a point, I think we should have had enough to win that game, but their keeper did make a couple of excellent saves second half, if only we didn't feel the need to gift the opposition a goal start nearly every week.

• Like 1

Really disappointed with the way we set up. 442 without width. I thought everyone even RW were in agreement that Jack is wasted at Right mid. He doesn't hold his position and leaves a confidence shot Hunt isolated. Mcaleny naturally comes inside too.

I would of gambled earlier and stuck a 3rd forward on ( we had no shape anyway).

11 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

I don't really agree with this. Think a point against a team that were pretty tough to break down was not too damaging for us. It was a must-not-lose match where we played pretty poorly and disjointed. I'll take a point.

The wind spoiled that match. Made it far easier to lose possession and both teams struggled with Walsall appearing the happier side to settle for a draw.

MOM was Moimbe. Really impressive performance. I'd love us to secure his services for next season. Their lad got away with a nailed down red on him for that lunging tackle. Doyle cut an isolated player tonight, deserves better than the shit he was getting dished up.

As for Byrne, christ he frustrates. And Gardener. Bin him off at the end of the year. It's a step to high this division.

Yet the manager thinks he could play in the Championship.

16 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Yet the manager thinks he could play in the Championship.

Very nice words of him but he isnt a championship midfielder and will probably never be one however last nights game wasnt necessarily a reason to bin him off

8 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

FMS??

Frankly Mr Shankly FMS

12 hours ago, BP1960 said:

How many times have we given a goal start to the opposition this season? 

23 times in the League. Almost 60% of the time.

In the first 30 mins we've scored 11 times but conceded 24. Last 15 mins of 1st half we've Scored 12 let in 6.

In the 1st  30 mins of 2nd half we've scored 13 let in 22. Last 15 mins Scored 17, let in  15.

Definitely an issue with the way we set up each half initially.