Walsall (h) 12/4/18

33 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Not a Wellens fan then?

Depends what you mean. He is one of my favourite ever players, I love listening to his press conferences, but the football has been crap for ages and we should be higher than we are. His failure to recruit an aggressive leader, whilst filling the squad with shite like Benyu and Pringle in January, his obsession with sticking our most creative midfielder out wide, which then leaves us with poor shape because said midfielder always comes inside looking for the ball, has me worried for the first time in 19 years that we might go down...

Fortunately this year I still think there are four teams shitter than us who will save our bacon because we are not going to get the wins many expected. Wellens seems to be doing his best to lose the job though and tactically he is coming across as very naive. Think we will just stay up by the skin of out teeth.

4 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Depends what you mean. He is one of my favourite ever players, I love listening to his press conferences, but the football has been crap for ages and we should be higher than we are. His failure to recruit an aggressive leader, whilst filling the squad with shite like Benyu and Pringle in January, his obsession with sticking our most creative midfielder out wide, which then leaves us with poor shape because said midfielder always comes inside looking for the ball, has me worried for the first time in 19 years that we might go down...

You build your team around your most creative player & put him in his most effective position thus creating better scoring opportunities we need to start scoring goals, 19 shots versus Walsall suggests the chances created were not of a good enough quality  it is not rocket science.

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Fortunately this year I still think there are four teams shitter than us who will save our bacon because we are not going to get the wins many expected. Think we will just stay up by the skin of out teeth.

This for me, 6 draws from our last 6 will be enough. We can't afford to lose to Rochdale / Northampton / Wimbledon if we don't win another game. 

Think we will win a couple of our remaining 6.

4 hours ago, mickjagger said:

You build your team around your most creative player & put him in his most effective position thus creating better scoring opportunities we need to start scoring goals, 19 shots versus Walsall suggests the chances created were not of a good enough quality  it is not rocket science.

Whoever has the most assists this season might give an indication of our most creative player.. who is it ? 

1 hour ago, daniel said:

Anyone had a parking ticket for last Wednesday? Cheeky bastards at Royal Oldham have sent me a ticket even though I paid 3 quid to park there, it’s the official car park on matchdays.

Were you in a staff only spot? Pennine Acute have gotten a bit of a reputation for their strict parking enforcement regionally amongst the NHS. 

3 hours ago, rudemedic said:

Were you in a staff only spot? Pennine Acute have gotten a bit of a reputation for their strict parking enforcement regionally amongst the NHS. 

I was parked right at the bottom of the car park which is designated as the official car park, and the stewards who were on the car park told me which bay to park in, luckily i’ve kept the receipt I got off the attendant I paid. I’ll ring the company tomorrow, they won’t be having a penny either way.

15 minutes ago, daniel said:

I was parked right at the bottom of the car park which is designated as the official car park, and the stewards who were on the car park told me which bay to park in, luckily i’ve kept the receipt I got off the attendant I paid. I’ll ring the company tomorrow, they won’t be having a penny either way.

I got early in the season, I emailed a guy and he cleared it all for me. I’ll send his email over to you soon. 

11 hours ago, danielcook said:

Also had the same parking ticket despite paying and being parked at the bottom.  Can details be sent to me please so I can get this sorted

Unsure if lightDN123 had messaged you already, but I have just forwarded the message he sent to me via PM. I’ve emailed already, however no reply as of yet.