Gillingam (h)

11 hours ago, mickjagger said:

Looks like we are in quick sand our form is a major worry, we all thought Doyle would come back and everything would be ok.

Doyle needs to play with Davies (love him or hate him) because that's what worked pre-Xmas.  Again, love him or hate him Davies has goals in him.  Would also be an idea, expressed elswhere, that Byrne should play central.  

Edited by frizzell54

I think the Nazon on the right wing suggestion might work, also Moimbe on the left wing. 

They could have  good defensive cover with Hunt at left back and Hamer at right back. 

The problem is this would leave only 2 in central midfield, who would they be  though from the abundance we have..who's our 2 yard dogs?

Having said I don't think RW will experiment at this stage, can't see McEleny starting again..a luxury player in a non luxury situation. 

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

I think the Nazon on the right wing suggestion might work, also Moimbe on the left wing. 

They could have  good defensive cover with Hunt at left back and Hamer at right back. 

The problem is this would leave only 2 in central midfield, who would they be  though from the abundance we have..who's our 2 yard dogs?

Having said I don't think RW will experiment at this stage, can't see McEleny starting again..a luxury player in a non luxury situation. 

As I said in an earlier post, McEleny still seems to be struggling to get up to speed with League 1 football. A decent player there but it may be time to use him from the bench if needed. 

I’d start Pringle, also. At Rotherham he was head and shoulders above any other player in this league aged 24, he should currently be in his prime. 

Players of his age don’t suddenly lose all of their ability unless they’ve had a bad injury. I can’t help but feel he’s being used incorrectly by the manager and we are really missing a trick not getting the best out of him.

49 minutes ago, Ryan said:

I’d start Pringle, also. At Rotherham he was head and shoulders above any other player in this league aged 24, he should currently be in his prime. 

Players of his age don’t suddenly lose all of their ability unless they’ve had a bad injury. I can’t help but feel he’s being used incorrectly by the manager and we are really missing a trick not getting the best out of him.

He seems to have lost the dynamism that made him such a good player, in similar way to Chris Taylor you might say.

12 minutes ago, aaronoafc said:

I don’t see how we start the game without Nazon

Constant threat last night and a baffling decision to take him off.

I hope Tope isn’t anywhere near the bench never mind the team

Don't think him and Doyle are a natural pairing in the same way Davies and Doyle are.

He picked the ball up outwide about 5 times last night, shrugged his man off and got a shot away....

his goal was him getting it out wide, running past about 4 then firing into the bottom corner

Not saying play him as a winger but if Davies is to play, i feel we must fit Nazon in somewhere. He was the best player on the park last night however Doyle clearly needs Davies

Basically SKJ’s team but with Nazon instead of Pringle

Nazon:

He scores 2 at blackburn

his run leads to the goal against Bury when no other player could be bothered

looked a threat against Oxford

Scored yesterday

The lads a huge threat

1 hour ago, aaronoafc said:

He picked the ball up outwide about 5 times last night, shrugged his man off and got a shot away....

his goal was him getting it out wide, running past about 4 then firing into the bottom corner

Not saying play him as a winger but if Davies is to play, i feel we must fit Nazon in somewhere. He was the best player on the park last night however Doyle clearly needs Davies

Basically SKJ’s team but with Nazon instead of Pringle

Nazon:

He scores 2 at blackburn

his run leads to the goal against Bury when no other player could be bothered

looked a threat against Oxford

Scored yesterday

The lads a huge threat

Was shite against Blackpool 

5 hours ago, aaronoafc said:

I don’t see how we start the game without Nazon

Constant threat last night and a baffling decision to take him off.

I hope Tope isn’t anywhere near the bench never mind the team

He was knackered. You'll do well to find him completing the full 90 minutes throughout his career. 

A lot of it is physiological. So not easily corrected, and actually doing so might reduce his pace/power. 

55 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

He was knackered. You'll do well to find him completing the full 90 minutes throughout his career. 

A lot of it is physiological. So not easily corrected, and actually doing so might reduce his pace/power. 

Maybe best playing in shorts bursts,  so wide right might suit him where he can wait in position to receive the ball and run at defenders.

One the other flank Moimbe, with more stamina, can overeload down the wing (in conjuction with Hunt)  and cross the ball  - as he so effectivly did on Wednssday.

You then have a variation in attacking play the opposition may find hard to combat.

To play Nazon wide though would need the support of a solid right back, and this is where Hamer couid fit in.

Go 4-4-2 

Doyle upfront with either Holloway or Davies Id go with Holloway.

Play Nazon right wing tell him to play wide and when he gets the ball tell him to run at the full back thats his strength he did that last night twice at Blackburn and away at Bury each time creating a goal. By doing that and by him staying wide to recieve the ball he will offer us width that we lacked tuesday.

People might not agree with this but id play Byrne left mid and give him licence to wander and if he comes inside he leaves a space for Moimbe to overlap and get forward which he did well last night hes an attacking left back and I say take the shackles off him and let him play. Hunt can be more of a defensive right back that way we wont get caught on the counter attack. 

We did well in large parts last night but I just felt we were crying out for a right winger to hug the touchline as an out ball Nazons can be that man.

Edited by GlossopLatic