Gillingam (h)

14 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Agree. Hopefully he fully owns us now and will have to do sumat proper crazy like reduce the price.

What like £25 for two games?

49 wins in 4 seasons and serving up shite year after year is why we struggle to get fans into the ground.

Reduced price offers are a total waste of time.........winning a few more football matches might just be the answer.

1 hour ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Not sure what match you were watching ? Gills were the better side and wanted it more ? Really ? And regards the ref , it’s a good job the tv cameras missed him chinning the Gills player and then giving a penalty !! Unfortunately it was our left back that cost us the points. Refs are shit but they don’t give penalties and red cards for nothing. We could and should have won the game by more. We didn’t. If we did there wouldn’t be all this overeating on here. 

Never ever said this. But. We are going down this time. Just seems all little things are going against us and our luck is finally gonna run out. 

We see things differently.  Hey-ho..

So was the penalty given for a hair pull or a punch? Whatever it was there didn't seem much appeal from their players and while refs don't give penalties "for nothing", a bizarre decision would have been entirely in keeping with the performance of the ref yesterday.

2 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

You could say the same about Ross Joyce, Trevor Kettle and loads of others. 

Someone with the authority to review their performances and do something about it , should be able to restrict, closely monitor and stop these consistently poor referees being able to referee matches at football league level.

it is a hard job to do, but there are good ones out there, who could replace them.

20 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

What like £25 for two games?

49 wins in 4 seasons and serving up shite year after year is why we struggle to get fans into the ground.

Reduced price offers are a total waste of time.........winning a few more football matches might just be the answer.

Well, yes.

But that doesn’t mean that £24 is a sensible pay on day price.

Not sure if you have any friends but at our pub there are often 2/3 people who decide on a saturday to go out on the piss and they often nearly come to the match, but don’t, because £24 is a silly price.

11 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Well, yes.

Not sure if you have any friends but at our pub there are often 2/3 people who decide on a saturday to go out on the piss and they often nearly come to the match, but don’t, because £24 is a silly price.

It is a silly price I agree, however I’d be inclined to believe had we been putting in decent performances on the pitch and getting the right results with them, people would have much less of an issue at paying £24 on the day. 

Which is the point he’s making - enjoyable performances and positive results are the only real factors in getting the stayaways to come back.

29 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Well, yes.

I agree, £24 is far too much for this division but I think you’ll find that at £20 they still wouldn’t come...and yes....I’ve plenty of friends!

1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

I think they would.

Perversly, when we are tearing it up next season, people would have paid £24 to see it anyway!

£24 to watch League 2 football. Crikey, that’s expensive.