Fleetwood appoint Joey Barton on 3 year deal!!

2 minutes ago, Stanley30 said:

Clever bloke, good experience, uefa qualified and come across well when talking about the game. What did u base Wellens being a good manager?

I never said Wellens was a good manager, just asking a relevant question which you gave me an adequate answer for.

I like him. I think he’ll do alright too. Very intelligent man with great knowledge of football. I listen to talksport most days and he’s one of my favourites on there. Seems to be a weird obsession on here of hating rival teams managers ?? Strange. Find the Clarke , Evans and Karl Robinson hatred particularly weird. Is it cos they’ve all once had a beef up with Oldham ? Is it not time to get over it ? 

3 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

I like him. I think he’ll do alright too. Very intelligent man with great knowledge of football. I listen to talksport most days and he’s one of my favourites on there. Seems to be a weird obsession on here of hating rival teams managers ?? Strange. Find the Clarke , Evans and Karl Robinson hatred particularly weird. Is it cos they’ve all once had a beef up with Oldham ? Is it not time to get over it ? 

I find the obsession with other managers odd as well.  But I think Barton comes across as an absolute fool; just stokes controversy for the sake of it.

2 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I find the obsession with other managers odd as well.  But I think Barton comes across as an absolute fool; just stokes controversy for the sake of it.

I find his honesty refreshing tbh Dave. I think a lot of it seems controversial as nobody else really got the balls to say it. However I fully get he’s not everyone’s cuppa. I still think he will do alright with decent backing. 

Guest Stanley30
1 minute ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

I find his honesty refreshing tbh Dave. I think a lot of it seems controversial as nobody else really got the balls to say it. However I fully get he’s not everyone’s cuppa. I still think he will do alright with decent backing. 

Totally agree, comes across well and could be a breath of fresh air to them . 

Frees up Shez for us next year :)

16 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

I think it might be something to do with them being absolute cunts. Most rival managers don't get any abuse.

3 hours ago, losesome said:

What will that do for Fleetwood players over the last few games!!!!

Hopefully trying to impress the new boss who will be watching, especially for the last one v Walsall.

That’s what I’m hoping too as Walsall are one of the potential teams we need to overtake.  Somebody said on here recently that Shez’s teams take the foot off the peddle once they’re safe, easing off on training sessions etc. Hopefully this will give their players more of an incentive to impress and the game will be taken more seriously.

But why are they cunts ? I don’t see it. Have they got especially good records against us by any chance Mikey ? 

You must have a high threshold for who you consider to be a cunt if you need that lot detailing 

Mark Hughes and Nigel Jemson the famous ones. Other than that I’d say I come across a cunt (ooooh matron) once a week. For example someone who blocks a box junction ...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/lincolnshire/6116660.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.theargus.co.uk/news/9734768.amp

Heres 2 reasons behind Evans cuntery.

18 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Mark Hughes and Nigel Jemson the famous ones. Other than that I’d say I come across a cunt (ooooh matron) once a week. For example someone who blocks a box junction ...

We've got a grudge against both, that's a local matter. Everyone knows Hughes is a cunt though

It's an interesting appointment, I've heard a lot of him on Talksport during his ban, and he is undoubtedly an intelligent bloke.

He certainly knows the game and has done his coaching badges.

I'm not sure about his temperament for management though, as someone has said previously he has a very very short fuse.

It could be entertaining though, and I can certainly see him spending plenty of time watching from the stands next season.

He'll make Shez look positively laid back when remonstrating with referees.

38 minutes ago, Hometownclub said:

It's an interesting appointment, I've heard a lot of him on Talksport during his ban, and he is undoubtedly an intelligent bloke.

I think people are mistaking intelligent for opinionated.

He's divisive and aggressive.  Good qualities for a manager? We'll see but I'm glad he's not being lined up as Richie's replacement!

9 minutes ago, JoeP said:

I think people are mistaking intelligent for opinionated.

He's divisive and aggressive.  Good qualities for a manager? We'll see but I'm glad he's not being lined up as Richie's replacement!

People saying that he's intelligent,  watch his appearance on Question Time. You might just revise your opinion.

Intelligence is something that one of my lecturers from my university days said takes many forms.

He might seem quite intelligent on twitter or talksport I listened to that once and think a few brain cells died. But has he got the intelligence to pick a team up off the floor who have just lost 4 on the spin and after planning well before a game find themselves 2-0 down with a man sent off at half time.

He will be dealing with footballers at league 1 level who have much less natrual ability than he had, how will he deal with this? Im not sure he will cope.

Edited by GlossopLatic