New signing

Guest Stanley30

34 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

There was a rumour on social media that Johnny is leaving. 

A GK who concedes a decent amount of goals in that pub league should only be warming our bench at best. 

You can never tell RM, some great keepers have come from non league  and there's been some poor football league ones who've finished up in non league. 

Not seen Allinson though so don't know what he's like. 

51 minutes ago, singe said:

Seems an odd one to me.

He's 24.

He's played 47 this season and conceded loads.

He's played in 11 games in L1, Champ, and EFL in his entire career, and conceded 22 goals....

I agree, it seems odd. It also seems like a strange time to make a signing like this with our current position and uncertainty about where we will be next year. As BP1960 said lots of decent players come from them leagues and as you said he has league experience. Just not convinced it's the best league experience looking at his stats. Again, who knows, could just be a cog in a masterplan for next year. 

I would expect if there's any truth in it that he'd be a backup, possibly to replace de la Paz (who I think only has a one year deal).

Skimming a few match reports he's apparently had a very good season for FCUM, albeit capable of the odd howler. Still only 24 though.

I'd be staggered if we signed him even as third choice he's a very poor keeper, there is the odd decent keeper at that level but he certainly isn't one. Seen Shaun Rowley whose at Tamworth on loan from Shrewsbury a couple of times, he should be playing in the FL only a young lad about 6ft 4 but bags of potential.

43 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I'd be staggered if we signed him even as third choice he's a very poor keeper, there is the odd decent keeper at that level but he certainly isn't one. Seen Shaun Rowley whose at Tamworth on loan from Shrewsbury a couple of times, he should be playing in the FL only a young lad about 6ft 4 but bags of potential.

You'd think Carlo Nash would have some input, he should have some idea progressing from non league himself. 

The Tamworth keeper sounds more like it though. 

Anyone remember many years ago a keeper called Eric Nixon at Curzon Ashton? He used to make a lot of mistakes with them, but turned out to have a decent FL career. 

Keepers are a special breed, I like them a little eccentric. 

Edited by BP1960