Northampton

Since we’ve been in the league there have been 2 sides relegated with 51 points.

In 2000/01 51 points and a -4 GD didn’t save Bristol Rovers

In 2004/5 51 points and a -24 GD didn’t save Torquay. That was the year we stayed up on the last day of the season by beating a Windass inspired Bradford- we got 52 points.

A win and a draw should see us safe, Walsall v Northampton on Saturday something has to give there any result there is good for us as long as we win one of the next two, Wimbledon also play Wigan. I Think we will just survive on 52 but 53 would defo do it ! I also think Dale will do it aswell 

On 23/04/2018 at 11:19 PM, Markspark92 said:

A win and a draw should see us safe, Walsall v Northampton on Saturday something has to give there any result there is good for us as long as we win one of the next two, Wimbledon also play Wigan. I Think we will just survive on 52 but 53 would defo do it ! I also think Dale will do it aswell 

I would be absolutely amazed if we finished on 53 points. Astonished even. Get a draw on Saturday and then a massive 4 pointer at Northampton?

In my opinion we should appoint a new manager this week in time for the Northampton game. After all I bet our new owner already as someone lined up for next season. I can't see us getting anything next week with Wellens in charge 

12 hours ago, Owl said:

In my opinion we should appoint a new manager this week in time for the Northampton game. After all I bet our new owner already as someone lined up for next season. I can't see us getting anything next week with Wellens in charge 

Rochdale fan are we?

Now we have got a chance we must make the most of it next Saturday. Northampton are a team mainly of tall players and last won at home to Plymouth so are no mugs.I  am going there with confidence we can get a win and that the players do their bit and not gift any goals or any sending offs.

If we can take just a couple of chances that we are making we should be fine.Northampton should give us a lot more tickets now they are out of it and to avoid the problems which happened when Bury didn't. 

14 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Would we people stick with the back 3 or 4 yesterday or bring mombie back ? It’s a tricky one, they have done well. Mombie is more experienced, but a walking red card

Thought Nepo played well yesterday but defensively his man often managed to get past him. Moimbe can get forward and cross. Wouldn't mind Moimbe and Nepo being on the left together. That being said Pringle had a good game as well before bizarrely being subbed off 

9 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Thought Nepo played well yesterday but defensively his man often managed to get past him. Moimbe can get forward and cross. Wouldn't mind Moimbe and Nepo being on the left together. That being said Pringle had a good game as well before bizarrely being subbed off 

Benyu dropped and Pringle in the middle for me. Other than that same team 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Yep agree with this...unless Gerrard fit. If fit in a game like this he plays.

Gerrard is supposed to be out for 6 to 8 weeks, but said he could play if asked. 

Given we kept a clean sheet without him on Saturday I think all the back 4 deserve to keep their place, even if it means moving Nepo further forward and having Gerrard on the bench. 

Just now, rudemedic said:

Gerrard is supposed to be out for 6 to 8 weeks, but said he could play if asked. 

Given we kept a clean sheet without him on Saturday I think all the back 4 deserve to keep their place, even if it means moving Nepo further forward and having Gerrard on the bench. 

So we can safely say Gerrard is out then! Cheers. Tough call Nepo or Momimbe....dont think we can play both though

4 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

You say Moimbe can't be trusted but he is the best left back we have had in years-get him played!

He’s really not. Lafferty from Burnley was better for a start. This guy has been sent off twice in only a handful of games. If it wasn’t for him gifting Gillingham a last minute penalty we’d be all but Safe now ! He doesn’t deserve to play IMO 

2 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

He’s really not. Lafferty from Burnley was better for a start. This guy has been sent off twice in only a handful of games. If it wasn’t for him gifting Gillingham a last minute penalty we’d be all but Safe now ! He doesn’t deserve to play IMO 

I’m with you on this. But if he did play and he scored a 90th min winner. He can punch who he likes 

Edited by LightDN123

2 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Maybe learnt his lesson. Sure the players will have let him know how much he's let them down

Just now, mcfluff1985 said:

Maybe learnt his lesson. Sure the players will have let him know how much he's let them down

Maybe so. But I seem to

be in a minority of one here. I think he’s massively over hyped by our fans. He’s an average left back IMO. I’d like us to look for stronger and better players. 

1 minute ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Maybe so. But I seem to

be in a minority of one here. I think he’s massively over hyped by our fans. He’s an average left back IMO. I’d like us to look for stronger and better players. 

I think he's had some really good games. Over hyped? Maybe. Would need to see him over a lot more games to make a solid judgement. Provides something going forward so think he'd be worth the risk

2 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

He really is the better fullback. He also shows a bit of desire-something sadly lacking in this team.

Honestly Lafferty is much better. That’s why he’s played a full season for Burnley in the championship and is now currently  still playing in the championship. Whereas Moimbe has been without a club and ended up

playing in a relegation battle at us. He’s also older too I believe ? So not likely to improve. I know which player I’d rather have if given the choice. 

4 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

He really is the better fullback. He also shows a bit of desire-something sadly lacking in this team.

Myth.

We didn’t look like scoring yesterday because we’re a poor side, nothing to do with passhun and desiah.

36 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

I think it would arguably be a better experience to attend the Rochdale match and support Charlton for the day. Especially when you consider the ticket situation. I mean I hope we win at Northampton but I think there’s more chance of Charlton doing us the favour than us actually WINNING 

Not a bad a shout