Northampton

This will be a very tough game. They're gonna come out of the traps flying, like all out attack with nothing to lose. I hope Wellens isn't under the impression that these have given up and will be a walkover. A team with everything to gain and fuck all to lose is as tough of a team we could face on Saturday and if we don't keep our shit together early on, it'll be very hard to get a result.

7 minutes ago, PlayItLivo said:

This will be a very tough game. They're gonna come out of the traps flying, like all out attack with nothing to lose. I hope Wellens isn't under the impression that these have given up and will be a walkover. A team with everything to gain and fuck all to lose is as tough of a team we could face on Saturday and if we don't keep our shit together early on, it'll be very hard to get a result.

Totally agree with that.Our players should be prepared for the toughest game of the season and all play to each others strenghths and help each other with their weaknesses .This is a 100% must win game at all costs.I don't want to see any player performing like Benyu did in the first half and try not to get sent off or give any soft goals away.

There will be yet another brilliant away support to get behind them from start to finish to get us that vital and long overdue away win.

If Gerrard or Bryan were fit would you drop Edmundson or Hamer? 

I wouldn't - they were excellent on Saturday.

If Bryan's back I'd stick him in for Benyu. 

Placide

Hunt

Hamer

Edmundson

Moimbe

Pringle

Gardner

Byrne

Nepomuceno

Davies

Doyle

Maybe one upfront to start with with Benyu in midfield.

I can't see him not starting Nazon though...

• Like 1

Would people bring Moimbe back into the team. Appears to be a bit reckless for such a crucial game where players like Jay O'Toole will be looking to get involved and wind players up.

Not sure I could trust him and the defense played pretty well on Saturday.  Would free up Nepo to play further upfield though if wellens doesn't want to play central midfielders on the wing. 

15 minutes ago, Andy-latic said:

Best boozers pre match?

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/leagues/england/league-one/sixfields-stadium-northampton-town.html?expand=all

Wasnt impressed with the bowling alley when I went last time, the sort of place where they wouldn’t be able to cope with a load of football fans all wanting to be served at once.

FWIW Northampton Rugby are at home, so certain places may be busier than normal, will also affect parking.

8 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/leagues/england/league-one/sixfields-stadium-northampton-town.html?expand=all

Wasnt impressed with the bowling alley when I went last time, the sort of place where they wouldn’t be able to cope with a load of football fans all wanting to be served at once.

FWIW Northampton Rugby are at home, so certain places may be busier than normal, will also affect parking.

Cheers

1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

If Gerrard or Bryan were fit would you drop Edmundson or Hamer? 

I wouldn't - they were excellent on Saturday.

If Bryan's back I'd stick him in for Benyu. 

Placide

Hunt

Hamer

Edmundson

Moimbe

Pringle

Gardner

Byrne

Nepomuceno

Davies

Doyle

Maybe one upfront to start with with Benyu in midfield.

I can't see him not starting Nazon though...

Yes Id throw both Gerrard and Bryan back in if fully fit. Would be cruel but they are better centre back combination plus Gerrards experience would be vital in such a big game.

However they wont be fully fit and I have alot more faith in Edmundson and Hamer than I did after last tuesday. I dont think Northampton will have anyone with the kind of movement that Cox and Robinson did for Southend. They might be a bet for going up next season.

Id put Pringle in the middle alongside Gardner with Nepo on the left Byrne on the right Nazons and Doyle up top. If it doesnt work. Shift Nazons to the wing and put Byrne in at number 10 and go 4-2-3-1. That should be the plan for the first 60 minutes.

Id hold back both Davies and Holloway for the bench and bring them on for the last 20-30 minutes should we need to go and throw the kitchen sink at it.

If ofcourse we are winning then Id make what may seem an unpopular choice to some and bring on Fane to kill the game and break up the play in midfield it will be made for him if so. Id also look to bring Holloway or Davies on to just hold the ball up in the opposition half of the pitch.

Its pretty straightforward really if we are winning after 70 minutes kill the game. If we need a goal throw the kitchen sink at it.

19 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Yes Id throw both Gerrard and Bryan back in if fully fit. Would be cruel but they are better centre back combination plus Gerrards experience would be vital in such a big game.

However they wont be fully fit and I have alot more faith in Edmundson and Hamer than I did after last tuesday. I dont think Northampton will have anyone with the kind of movement that Cox and Robinson did for Southend. They might be a bet for going up next season.

Id put Pringle in the middle alongside Gardner with Nepo on the left Byrne on the right Nazons and Doyle up top. If it doesnt work. Shift Nazons to the wing and put Byrne in at number 10 and go 4-2-3-1. That should be the plan for the first 60 minutes.

Id hold back both Davies and Holloway for the bench and bring them on for the last 20-30 minutes should we need to go and throw the kitchen sink at it.

If ofcourse we are winning then Id make what may seem an unpopular choice to some and bring on Fane to kill the game and break up the play in midfield it will be made for him if so. Id also look to bring Holloway or Davies on to just hold the ball up in the opposition half of the pitch.

Its pretty straightforward really if we are winning after 70 minutes kill the game. If we need a goal throw the kitchen sink at it.

Wellens said in his last interview that Pringle isn’t a Centre mid. 

There’s only one Nazon 

10 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

There’s only one Nazon 

Why not put Holloway central mid. He’s made a few assists this season and he’s strong and doesn’t get knocked off the ball easily. 

1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

When I went years ago (1-0 Byfield I think) we stopped at one on a main road just off the motorway.

Biggish place, bit of a dump but ok, loads of screens, quite open inside - anyone know the name?

Think that could be the Turnpike which is a beefeater. 

29 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

There’s only one Nazon 

Well if Fane isnt available then its him or Benyu.

Kind of feel sorry for Benyu hes clearly used to playing against the likes of st mirren reserves where everyone of his celtics academy teammates is better than the opposition they dominate the ball he plays on nice pitches and he gets lots of time on the ball. Its much easier.

Jack Byrne said something similar when being in citys reserves. Coming here is clearly a massive culture shock to him no time on the ball amd probably alot more chasing of the game. I imagine hes not the only kid on loan from a top clubs academy that suffers this kind of problem

3 hours ago, PlayItLivo said:

Agree, Just hope for once we can score first. 

Do that & I think we will take a lot of the wind out of their sails. 

Got a horrible feeling though that we will have to rely on Charlton.

53 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Kind of feel sorry for Benyu hes clearly used to playing against the likes of st mirren reserves where everyone of his celtics academy teammates is better than the opposition they dominate the ball he plays on nice pitches and he gets lots of time on the ball. Its much easier.

His longest stint of first team football has been at Aldershot!!