If we go down, would you keep Wellens?  

190 members have voted

1. 1. If we go down, would you keep Wellens?

• Yes
    • No

I'm no Genius but this fella was:

Albert Einstein is broadly credited with exclaiming “The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results

The only reason that makes any sense why we have kept on RW is that we simply cannot afford to pay up his contract

Unprofessional that we took on a rookie manager on a contract when our results were dire without a relegation clause included

Worrying that our new owner is unable/unwilling to pay off his contract for clearly failing

Relegation to the bottom league in English Football for the first time in 40 years should be looked upon as an opportunity for a totally fresh start with the new broom (Mr Lemsagam) clearing the decks

I fear he could well be simply 'moving the deckchairs on the Titanic' just hoping for a change in our luck :disappointed:

30 minutes ago, LaticsLen said:

Grayson is off to Scunthorpe. Could Salford come calling for wellens? They've parted company with their current managers, he played for em for a bit under Nev and Co. 

Iv'e heard shez is salford bound

Wellens just said on GMR his job as manager could still be under threat and nothing has been decided officially as yet. It could have been a repeat from Saturday but he he also said it was a difficult job with a shortage of staff and money.....

14 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Gut feeling or insider info ? If it was just a feeling it’s still probably where the rumour has come from. Seems this board is the first port of call for ‘journalists’ these days ?

Not like me this, but....... to be fair to journalists news gets out so fast with the internet these days they must have a job ever getting an "exclusive".

And they've still got a bit of a market that still gets it's OAFC news long after we have...

What do you want them to do - not report something if it's already been on Twitter or an internet messageboard?

They're still largely absolute maggots though. As you were....... 

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

Wellens just said on GMR his job as manager could still be under threat and nothing has been decided officially as yet. It could have been a repeat from Saturday but he he also said it was a difficult job with a shortage of staff and money.....

.....well part of that - circa £500k or so - is down to him by relegating us, so he needs to get the fk on with it....

.....while the other fella needs to have a plan and be putting it into place. It’d also be nice of him to broadly let us know what it is.

1 hour ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Gut feeling or insider info ? If it was just a feeling it’s still probably where the rumour has come from. Seems this board is the first port of call for ‘journalists’ these days ?

Gut feeling, I reckon he gets on well with Scholes, local, would take them to the next level you'd have to think and they will probably pay him as much as we could.

According to the poll almost 70% want him out, if we aren’t in a challenging position from the off next season things are going to get very colourful on here.

12 games in and he will have had a season at the helm, he has to get us playing early doors or else!

The problem for those that think RW had a lot of off the field issues to deal with is that you only have to look at Blackpool, who have arguably had it worse, to see that managers who shield players from all that perform better. 

3 minutes ago, leeslover said:

It looks like he's being given a chance to put it right (and his mistakes have been there for all to see). Let's hope he does it.

I’ve been quite vocal on here in regards to wanting him out. But you are dead right. He will have my full support as will the team. He has a shitload to learn tho I just hope he has. I’m fed up of excuses. If the job is as impossible as he makes out he should resign. If not stfu and get on with it please Richie. 

44 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

I’ve been quite vocal on here in regards to wanting him out. But you are dead right. He will have my full support as will the team. He has a shitload to learn tho I just hope he has. I’m fed up of excuses. If the job is as impossible as he makes out he should resign. If not stfu and get on with it please Richie. 

50 minutes ago, leeslover said:

It looks like he's being given a chance to put it right (and his mistakes have been there for all to see). Let's hope he does it.

On GMR he was reportedly saying it was far from certain. 

I wouldn't be upset if he left, he could have few complaints. 

But if he is given another crack at it, I also really hope he succeeds for everyones benefit of course. 

But yeah, enough of the excuses, especially if you continue because you  knew exactly what to expect. Again. 

Let's hope it's the fresh start people hope it is. 

3 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

According to the poll almost 70% want him out, if we aren’t in a challenging position from the off next season things are going to get very colourful on here.

12 games in and he will have had a season at the helm, he has to get us playing early doors or else!

2 hours ago, singe said:

The problem for those that think RW had a lot of off the field issues to deal with is that you only have to look at Blackpool, who have arguably had it worse, to see that managers who shield players from all that perform better. 

I would have gladly cleared his desk out over the weekend but having had time to reflect, I don't think it's a bad thing giving him a crack at getting us back up. I suspect a few others on here would vote differently too, now that the dust has settled.

It's all very well comparing his situation to that of Bowyer at Blackpool but don't forget, Bowyer had already managed over a hundred games at Blackburn under the Venky's, so I'd say he's better prepared than most when it comes to dealing with off-field nonsense.