If we go down, would you keep Wellens?  

190 members have voted

1. 1. If we go down, would you keep Wellens?

• Yes
    • No

I'm totally on the fence now after being very much of a keep him person, but after last 7 or 8 games I'm very, very worried.

My main worry is that if he does go this new owner will bring in some third rate French manager.

I don't claim to be a football genius but somebody needs to explain the formation that he's persisting with. 4 at the back - ok ye - 3 in middle starting at left mid with Byrne and then Fane and Gardner in the middle and then kinda 3 up front with Nazon on the right. There is a massive hole behind Nazon that gets exploited, especially against Rochdale.

Also Byrne - talent but such a sulker. I deliberately watched him last night when not near the ball. He's not happy is he? Why don't we stick him right in the middle.

Anyway off to renew season ticket...please stop me.

Just an observation. I lived in Blackburn for 30 years so most of my mates ore Rovers fans. Last year, as you would expect all doom and gloom and "never going again". This year, as they winning, they are loving it again and going to a lot more away games etc. What I'm saying is IF we go down we MIGHT win some games next season and we MIGHT enjoy it more? Just a thought? 

3 minutes ago, Witty said:

Just an observation. I lived in Blackburn for 30 years so most of my mates ore Rovers fans. Last year, as you would expect all doom and gloom and "never going again". This year, as they winning, they are loving it again and going to a lot more away games etc. What I'm saying is IF we go down we MIGHT win some games next season and we MIGHT enjoy it more? Just a thought? 

They’re a big club with a very big budget for this league.

Out of the four relegated League One sides from last season the highest is Coventry in 7th, I’d imagine their budget is at very least double what ours will be next season.

40 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Would reactions be the same if he'd started off with poor results and then improved them?

He would not likely have got the job then.

Also, if we'd ended up where we are now, then yes.

If we ended up mid table then far less likely, though some would doubtless want promotion or a new manager.

49 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Would reactions be the same if he'd started off with poor results and then improved them?

I’m never in favour of hiring a caretaker manager. It’s impossible to isolate the reasons for an upturn in form when a manager is sacked, and certainly can not be wholly attributed to the new man in charge’s tactical astuteness

58 minutes ago, Witty said:

Said the same after relegation from the Premiership and again when relegated from what is now the Championship don’t kid yourself life  in League 2 will be a bonus look and Chesterfield and Port Vale this season

Edited by yarddogs

1 hour ago, Witty said:

Awwwww takes me back to when we were relegated from the prem. I was ready to start winning games every week at a canter. I know you said MIGHT but could quite easily be the opposite and we slide away as Noel and Liam said. 

Teams with decent support and lots of money almost always come good, like Wigan and Blackburn proved. The rest rely on hard graft, inspired signings and brilliant manager to punch above their weight, like Blackpool did 10 years ago, Burton and now Stanley. Some have fallen further, like Stockport, Tranmere and Leyton and now Chesterfield, and there lies the danger. League 2 football is even more physical, route-one with big defenders and strikers, and we haven't coped very well against that kind of opposition.

36 minutes ago, yarddogs said:

Said the same after relegation from the Premiership and again when relegated from what is now the Championship don’t kid yourself life  in League 2 will be a bonus look and Chesterfield and Port Vale this season

To be honest the reality of the situation has hit home after last night. I've been saying for weeks that we'll not survive but in my heart thinking we will. I really need to cling on to something. Like Leonardo Di whats his name in Titanic at the end, clinging to that door. 

Anyway we're talking like its all over.

12 minutes ago, Witty said:

To be honest the reality of the situation has hit home after last night. I've been saying for weeks that we'll not survive but in my heart thinking we will. I really need to cling on to something. Like Leonardo Di whats his name in Titanic at the end, clinging to that door. 

Anyway we're talking like its all over.

for clarity, he died

• Like 1