Doncaster

Against Doncaster they need width on the pitch as without it we just punt it upfield. Wellens can't play fane Gardner and byrne. He has to go with two of those in the centre and get his team passing from the back like when we were seeing success when he first started. He needs to get players to want to be on the ball and be able to pass it around (for me that means fane doesn't start)

Wilson has just not played enough games and is a liability but there is limited options. He has to get the players back to passing and pressing for two games against a mid table team with nothing to play for and a team below is in the table.. both games are winnable but wellens needs to be the driving force now and get a tactic that we can stick to. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, mick26 said:

Like it or not Fane has been one of our better players this season - not seen Nepo do anything so far to convince me he will make any difference whatsoever.

Nepo's decent at crossing. If we have Doyle, Holloway and Nazon on the pitch it makes sense to try and get balls in the box.

As for Fane. I don't think he's a bad player, but he slows our play down to the point that it's hard to get any fluidity going when he's on the pitch. He has a role to play in the squad for sure, but if the strength of this team is to attack, we shouldn't be playing a cumbersome defensive midfielder every game. It's a negative approach really and we have to go all out and try and get that fluidity in our play again. 

Fane isn't conducive to fast attacking football. Bring him on by all means when we want to slow play down. But I'd like to see a midfield without him, just for one game. 

1 hour ago, latics22 said:

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but how badly do we need Clarke and maybe even green. We loaned them out and replaced them with who ? Pringle beni benteke, no centre back. Poor business!

Why wasn't Duffus recalled? must be a better scoring option  than the broken down Davies or Holloway ?

Edited by BP1960

4 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

We need structure, and try and nick a 1-0 win. If we go for it and concede early that’s it, heads gone and the players will bottle it.!with the defence we have, get midfielders all structure, jack a free role in the middle, and Doyle up top on his own. Try and steal a win. I know we have played shite with that but I think it’s our best chance 

or even nazon instead of Doyle who looks fucking goosed 

I'm thinking Nazon up front on his own, Doyle to come on from the bench.

Nazon's more muscular and I like the idea of him getting the shots off that he tries cutting in from out wide from a more central position. 

Is Gerrard definitely out? 

Placide

Hamer

Wilson

Edmundson

Hunt

Gardner on the right (or Pringle)

Byrne

Fane

Pringle

Gevaro

Nazon

It goes against the grain at home but we've just got to keep it tight so the young lads at the back can settle into the game...

1 minute ago, HarryBosch said:

I'm thinking Nazon up front on his own, Doyle to come on from the bench.

Nazon's more muscular and I like the idea of him getting the shots off that he tries cutting in from out wide from a more central position. 

Is Gerrard definitely out? 

Placide

Hamer

Wilson

Edmundson

Hunt

Gardner on the right (or Pringle)

Byrne

Fane

Pringle

Gevaro

Nazon

It goes against the grain at home but we've just got to keep it tight so the young lads at the back can settle into the game...

The more you look at it the more you despair.

Placide

Hamer

Wilson

Stott

Hunt

(don’t think we have much choice defensively, Edmundson was shocking last night)

Tope

Byrne

Gardner

Gevaro

(I’m not a fan of tope but he gets up and down the pitch, stays wide and gives us balance) 

Doyle

Davies

5 minutes ago, oldhamoafc said:

Placide

Hamer

Wilson

Stott

Hunt

(don’t think we have much choice defensively, Edmundson was shocking last night)

Tope

Byrne

Gardner

Gevaro

(I’m not a fan of tope but he gets up and down the pitch, stays wide and gives us balance) 

Doyle

Davies

Same but Edmundson for Wilson, he and Stott played a lot together in the youths so should have a better understanding.

3 or 4 games ago I thought it inconceivable that we'd find ourselves in the bottom 4 with a couple of games to go.

I just can't help feel that we've been set up to protect the draw and a point when opportunities have been there to go for it and get all 3. Gillingham is a prime example of a game that was absolutely there for the taking but we weren't capable, or willing, to put it to bed. That sucker punch from Moimbe looks more and more like the defining moment of the last few weeks.

Well, if AL was disappointed by the take-up for season tickets, I think the reason why is abundantly clear to him now. How does £270 stack up for League Two?

We've got to hope that Wellens still has a few mates at Donny.

Placide

Hunt (LB)

Hamer (RB)

Eddie

Gerrard - even if he only has one leg, pump him full of drugs

Nepo (LW)

Pringle

Byrne

Gardner

Duck (RW)

Doyle

Davies and Holloway on the bench as battering rams to come on if we're not winning at 60 mins.

30 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Placide

Hunt (LB)

Hamer (RB)

Eddie

Nepo (LW)

Pringle

Byrne

Gardner

Duck (RW)

Doyle

Davies and Holloway on the bench as battering rams to come on if we're not winning at 60 mins.

Davies couldnt batter a fish at the moment.

Just now, Kusunga_Is_God said:

What needs to happen for us to stay up? Realistically.. 

I think we have to win both. Hope dale slip up. 

4 points. Like I've said, you've got to back to 1994 for the last time a side in this league went down with 52 points. Fulham.

1 hour ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

What needs to happen for us to stay up? Realistically.. 

I think we have to win both. Hope dale slip up. 

1 hour ago, dec666 said:

4 points. Like I've said, you've got to back to 1994 for the last time a side in this league went down with 52 points. Fulham.

Walsall have Bradford and Fleetwood away, hopefully they get nothing from either.  So 4 points will do.  Trouble for us is the win, particularly as Northampton have picked up a bit and Doncaster are no mugs.

As they say all down to selection, set up and motivation.  Oops!

2 hours ago, oafcmetty said:

Placide

Hunt (LB)

Hamer (RB)

Eddie

Nepo (LW)

Pringle

Byrne

Gardner

Duck (RW)

Doyle

Exactly, if Byrne wants to run the show put him in the middle and let him. If I were Wellens I'd say "Right twinkle toes, you want it you got it. Show me you're right"

15 minutes ago, Witty said:

Exactly, if Byrne wants to run the show put him in the middle and let him. If I were Wellens I'd say "Right twinkle toes, you want it you got it. Show me you're right"

Yep, pointless playing him on the right because he doesn’t want to so if he’s not in the middle, don’t play him at all.