Today's S*n 2-page spread article

I've only seen it on Twitter but it's not clear enough to read, but basically there's a 2 page spread on Latics in today's rag basically harping on about us not paying players and staff again, more on the Fane issue, and other stuff.

Anyone actually given it a read?

It's not from Nixon either, so not sure whether it's just lazy journalism and just the Fane story plus a load of old news, but it's not good reading either way...

Edited by sjk2008

9 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

I've only seen it on Twitter but it's not clear enough to read, but basically there's a 2 page spread on Latics in today's rag basically harping on about us not paying players and staff again, more on the Fane issue, and other stuff.

Anyone actually given it a read?

It's not from Nixon either, so not sure whether it's just lazy journalism and just the Fane story plus a load of old news, but it's not good reading either way...

Journalist is Ken Lawrence, usual crap about players not being paid on time, normally hear that first on here or twitter ??

mentions Fane and that AL has suspended him without informing Wellens and that PFA involved by Fane

looks like a few half  truths and some fiction combined 

It's the sun....not surprised if it's old stuff with regards to bills not being paid, staff. Fane is a new one

Is this the sensational expose that mike Keegan was going to unleash a year or so ago?

timing is crap with regards to tomorrow's match...bastards it's a conspiracy to send us down...hahah

All part of Corney's plan this.

Abdallah is the penniless fall guy puppet. Bought in by Corney to fail miserably whilst he's still pulling the strings.

Corney comes back in on a white horse. Wages get a paid on time slightly more frequently and when we're still in League one in front of 2,000 fans, he'll be validated in telling us how well we've got it and how it could've been a lot worse.

Pretty shrewd to be fair. 

Just now, cmr said:

Sounds like someone at that shitrag has an agenda and is trying to cause some upset the day before our big game.

I hope AL sues them

Yes, it does.

From what I can see the article is a mixture of things that we know are not true and rumours lifted off this site (e.g. Maouche on £4k a week, and the Fane suspension). Whilst the rumours on this site may well be true, I'd wager this is where they got it from rather than a "Boundary Park insider".

May be Dale fans paid the Sun to publish the article with the left over cash after they'd bought that weird Spanish guy's flight ?

2 minutes ago, Horlicks said:

It sounds like a disgruntled player / manager to me.

I know it’s cynical but my initial thought was it’s Wellens getting his excuses in early 

Yeah, the obvious spin on it makes me think it's someone who's disgruntled - I'd say a player - tipping off the hack. The hack writes a piece up nosing it on Wellens. And the paper's sport ed puts it over a spread to fill pages.

None of it is going to be news to any of the players in my opinion, so it's unlikely to have any bad influence on Saturday.

We just need to win the bloody game.

13 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Far be it from me to point the finger, but this has all the hallmarks of a disgruntled manager, who knows he is being binned off, tipping off a journalist...

Very possible.

The main reason I suggested it's a player is because I'd hope Wellens is focused on Saturday regardless...

I'd hope that - but obviously it might not be the case.

Wouldn’t it be nice if our local journalists actually did some digging for once instead of just rewording things posted on the official site hours previously? Maybe then we wouldn’t have to rely on the gutter press breaking these sensationalist stories, we really do miss Matt Chambers

24 minutes ago, Ryan said:

I know it’s cynical but my initial thought was it’s Wellens getting his excuses in early 

Very possible. He's used his last 3 or  4 press conferences  for that purpose.

26 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Far be it from me to point the finger, but this has all the hallmarks of a disgruntled manager, who knows he is being binned off, tipping off a journalist...

My first thought.

Not the first time such a person has done such a thing either I think...