Today's S*n 2-page spread article

I dont know Danny Byrnes or what his situation was with Robinson but if he wants to prove him wrong the best way to do it is out on the football pitch. I mean shouldnt he go out and concentrate on proving him wrong and make a good career for himself in football, rather than tweeting something like that which was a video supporting suicide prevention.

Edited by GlossopLatic

30 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I dont know Danny Byrnes or what his situation was with Robinson but if he wants to prove him wrong the best way to do it is out on the football pitch. I mean shouldnt he go out and concentrate on proving him wrong and make a good career for himself in football, rather than tweeting something like that which was a video supporting suicide prevention.

Wasn’t he just pointing out that he felt there was some hypocrisy on the part of Motherwell and Robinson ? 

I

2 minutes ago, LaticsPete said:

Wasn’t he just pointing out that he felt there was some hypocrisy on the part of Motherwell and Robinson ? 

I

That’s exactly what he was doing. I don’t know DB either and hopefully he doesn’t suffer any mental health issues but if he does I’m not sure that telling him to get on with forging his career to prove an alleged bully wrong is necessarily what he needs to do. 

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

He wasn’t suggesting he should have made it in the game. He was simply calling Robinson a hypocrite for taking part in a video about suicide after bullying him out of our club.

The bad light is cast upon Robinson, not us, so I don’t think we need to make too much of this.

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

So what you are saying is he should just "pull himself together" or "get a grip"....?

1 minute ago, singe said:

So what you are saying is he should just "pull himself together" or "get a grip"....?

Hang on a minute. I don't read his tweet as saying he has problems, just that Robbo's being a bit hypocritical in the video compared with his alleged track record in this case.

Maybe, just maybe, he wasn't aware of the lad's family circumstances. Perhaps it's not all as black and white as some see it.   

2 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Hang on a minute. I don't read his tweet as saying he has problems, just that Robbo's being a bit hypocritical in the video compared with his alleged track record in this case.

Maybe, just maybe, he wasn't aware of the lad's family circumstances. Perhaps it's not all as black and white as some see it.   

I would be amazed if he didn't know his father was intensive care. Remember he alleges it went on for months. That conversation should have happened, and Robbinson should have known. He wasn't a first team regular.
The key is not his father, but that he beleives was offered a terrible deal to force him out, and that the key phrase is " he would only make it worse [than it already had been for months]  if he stayed."

He would do more and worse bullying. We do not know what went on, but he is clear.

My response about the pull together was to Glossop's assertion he should just make his point on the pitch anyway. Mental health just does not work like that.

14 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Neither do I read his tweet that way but one of the key points about mental health issues is that people hide it. I worked with a bloke for 4 years who committed suicide without warning last year. Not one of us had a clue. That may have been our fault I honestly don’t know but it’s bloody hard to deal with whether you’re personally affected or see the effect the outcome has on others. I have no reason to doubt what Byrnes says is true and if it is I’m fucking glad Robinson is no longer part of this club for reasons other than him being not very good at his job. 

15 minutes ago, singe said:

No Im not suggesting that at all. If he was bullied or suffered mental health issues then obviously I hope he got professional help, I hope he took it up with the PFA aswell.

What Im saying is perhaps putting something like this on social media might not have been wisest idea.

FYI Ive been in a place where I worked for a bad boss who made my life a misery and it had a bad effect on my mental health. I left the company and moved on as it was the only sane thing to do. Said office has since been offshored to portugal, said company also got rinsed in a Panorama documentary last year. The point is sometimes the best reaction to deal with someone like that in life is leave move on and find somewhere where you are appreciated and prove the person wrong.

1 hour ago, latics22 said:

Why would I offer a contract to a player u want rid of? Why not just release him? 

Edited by Rwb98
Decided it’s better not to comment but can’t see a delete option

• 5 weeks later...
On 11 June 2018 at 6:31 PM, underdog said:

Hello latics....we are having a trust meeting this week to prepare for the AGM. Your trust rep gives us a update at these meetings I will ask the question.

we are all volunteers I'll get back to you as soon as I can

thanks

On 11 June 2018 at 5:40 PM, laticsmarra said:

As a member of the Board it would be interesting to get confirmation from the Trust if they are satisfied that all "sackings" have followed the legal requirements of employment law.

Have still not had a response to this question,even though since then ,the Trusts former representative on the Board has left after a very short period of employment.

15 hours ago, laticsmarra said:

Have still not had a response to this question,even though since then ,the Trusts former representative on the Board has left after a very short period of employment.

Didn't I reply to the effect that it was a fucking stupid question? I was probably more polite at the time.

2 hours ago, LaticMark said:

Alan Nixon‏ @reluctantnicko 5 minutes ago

Stories tomorrow on: Villa Blackburn Bristol Rovers Burnley Palace Everton Liverpool Boro MK Dons Forest Oldham QPR Rotherham Southampton Stoke WBA Wigan...NO Q AND A ABOUT THEM IN THE MEANTIME.

Rehashed version of chronicle? With speculation from here thrown in?