Abdallah Lemsagam Poll  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Does Lemsagam owe us ka-myoo-ni-ka-shun & a Plan?

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, kowenicki said:

It seems you want a detailed business plan of all aspects including playing staff, backroom staff and infrastructure that is costed and utterly transparent to the smallest detail.  That is not happening and has never happened anywhere else either.  You aren't entitled to it,  we aren't entitled to it.  Its a naïve request.

The trust is too quiet though.  Never hear a word, the trust site is a joke and I'm not sure what they do?  Their communication is every bit as bad (if not worse) than the clubs frankly.  If you are on the trust (I didnt know that) then I find this ironic.

I'm sure the Trust would welcome you on board as communications officer.

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

You could always put yourself forward :peepwall: :OASISscarf:

59 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I'm sure the Trust would welcome you on board as communications officer.

Too busy.  I’ve already said I wouldn’t mind getting involved in the future (few years).... assuming they’d have me. ?

3 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Too busy.  I’ve already said I wouldn’t mind getting involved in the future (few years).... assuming they’d have me. ?

Hell yes....of course we need bloody help.

we all work, we are all have varied skills sets but any support is appreciated, you don't have to be a director, you can co-opt in at first just to see if it's something you can help change, adapt evolve.

its been a bloodying well draining last few seasons, we had plans, events we wanted to do, stuff that we really should be doing but been firefighting. The AGM will soon be upon us, and we have a couple of events coming up like Gordon Lawton memorial trophy cricket match and Sunday lunch at the Milan bar in June even if you just wanted to say hello and have a chat.

yes communication has been on the hit list, yes we know the trust site needs work/updating but at least there are 3of us on this message board where you can get some sort of response within 24hrs...well subject to a latics defeat,

9 hours ago, singe said:

He used examples, he didn't say that is what I want to know the answer to.

Are examples just things that roll of the top off your head? Or are they specific concerns that one use’s as examples?? 

I think you know what I meant. Your being pedantic.

Andy wants to know what his plan his, I’m merely saying that he, like you or me has no reasonable expectation for that to be forth coming. Would be it nice to hear a more detailed plan? Of course. But what would make us feel happy? And what we do with that information? WE GO TO SEE OUR TEAM WIN. That’s it. 

Q. 1 Are we getting a new pitch?

AL. I don’t know yet, I’d love to but owing to our relegation we may well have to just resurface it again. 

Oh. Ok. 

Q 2. Even though you couldn’t afford the whole club, have you got or do you know anyone with 2/3 million to invest in a proper training facility. 

AL. The training faciltites need to be improved no question. And it’s an area I’m looking at, we really to build a solid infrastructure.

Oh Right. Thanks for the info. 

Wtf does it matter? Are our lives changed? No. Are we more convinced we’ll get those things? No. Does a new pitch make us happy? No. Does a new training facility make us happy? No. I don’t give a toss about the inner workings of the club. Not my problem. I care about winning football matches. Something we’re very shit at at the minute. 

All i I want to know is, will you let the incumbent manager have the final say on signings, and second will you continue to back the playing budget after relegation. Having read his statement today, the signs look encouraging. 

That’ll do for now. 

7 hours ago, League one forever said:

1. Andy wants to know what his plan his, I’m merely saying that he, like you or me has no reasonable expectation for that to be forth coming....

2. I don’t give a toss about the inner workings of the club. Not my problem......

3. I care about winning football matches. Something we’re very shit at.....

1. Presumably you would agree the shareholders have reasonable expectation though? The Trust are shareholders. The Trust represent us. We have reasonable expectation. Equally, he’s running a limited company that he wants customers to transact with. He needs to Market his product, which will require a plan.

2. I respectfully disagree. I do - within reason. It’s my problem if the club folds.

3. I don’t believe plans & administration are mutually exclusive. Well run companies perform well.

9 hours ago, League one forever said:

Are examples just things that roll of the top off your head? Or are they specific concerns that one use’s as examples?? 

I think you know what I meant. Your being pedantic.

Andy wants to know what his plan his, I’m merely saying that he, like you or me has no reasonable expectation for that to be forth coming. Would be it nice to hear a more detailed plan? Of course. But what would make us feel happy? And what we do with that information? WE GO TO SEE OUR TEAM WIN. That’s it. 

Q. 1 Are we getting a new pitch?

AL. I don’t know yet, I’d love to but owing to our relegation we may well have to just resurface it again. 

Oh. Ok. 

Q 2. Even though you couldn’t afford the whole club, have you got or do you know anyone with 2/3 million to invest in a proper training facility. 

AL. The training faciltites need to be improved no question. And it’s an area I’m looking at, we really to build a solid infrastructure.

Oh Right. Thanks for the info. 

Wtf does it matter? Are our lives changed? No. Are we more convinced we’ll get those things? No. Does a new pitch make us happy? No. Does a new training facility make us happy? No. I don’t give a toss about the inner workings of the club. Not my problem. I care about winning football matches. Something we’re very shit at at the minute. 

All i I want to know is, will you let the incumbent manager have the final say on signings, and second will you continue to back the playing budget after relegation. Having read his statement today, the signs look encouraging. 

That’ll do for now. 

I think the most important question at the moment is, when are you going to change your username?

It now upsets every time I see it, far more than it used to :) 

4 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

1. Presumably you would agree the shareholders have reasonable expectation though? The Trust are shareholders. The Trust represent us. We have reasonable expectation. Equally, he’s running a limited company that he wants customers to transact with. He needs to Market his product, which will require a plan.

2. I respectfully disagree. I do - within reason. It’s my problem if the club folds.

3. I don’t believe plans & administration are mutually exclusive. Well run companies perform well.

All very valid points. 

I guess it’s about what revs your engine at the end of the day. 

I used to concern myself with it all, but I realised the information I had or didn’t have - I couldn’t do anything with, and I’d spend some days quite frustrated- with people I’d never met. 

Best just to turn up and watch the football. 

*I still get sucked in sometimes.?

27 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I used to concern myself with it all, but I realised the information I had or didn’t have - I couldn’t do anything with....

.....Best just to turn up and watch the football. 

I was in the same place as that under Corney's rule..... I just feel - with a new owner in charge - we have a limited time period in which to attempt to engage/understand/influence him for the better, or forever hold our peace...... hence my recent persistent tub thumping.

13 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

It's not so much the existence or otherwise of a plan that interests me; it's more understanding his motivation.

.....I had the exact same conversation with Disjointed behind the RRE at the Gillingham game recently.... one would hope that it might become apparent why Mr. Lemsagam has taken on the burden, as we seek to understand his Plan for it/us. Shall we arrange that beer now?

8 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

I was in the same place as that under Corney's rule..... I just feel - with a new owner in charge - we have a limited time period in which to attempt to engage/understand/influence him for the better, or forever hold our peace...... hence my recent persistent tub thumping.

.....I had the exact same conversation with Disjointed behind the RRE at the Gillingham game recently.... one would hope that it might become apparent why Mr. Lemsagam has taken on the burden, as we seek to understand his Plan for it/us. Shall we arrange that beer now?

Yep,  will pm you

• 4 weeks later...
On 05/05/2018 at 7:57 PM, lookersstandandy said:

We’ve heard nothing of substance thus far, does he now owe us a description of his plan?

- OAFC2004 Ltd makes a loss every year. In normal Limited company circumstances, this is not sustainable. Are you [AL] going to cover that loss and write it off every year until you can make it profitable? i.e You will not saddle OAFC2004 Ltd with Director loans that it has to pay back if/when you come to sell it?

- In order to achieve this, you will need to target an increase in revenue from player transfers and supporter numbers. How are you going to do this?

- Are you going to increase the playing budget so we can attract / sign more expensive [and hopefully therefore better] players, or are you going to operate within the same budget restrictions as our previous owner(s)?

- We are aware you believe you can unearth talent from your extensive knowledge of the World/European player/transfer market, however what are your views of investing in the youth set up [scouts, coaches, facilities] in an attempt to increase the frequency of & profit from home grown talent?

- Will it be possible to reduce the reliance on a procession of loans, rewarding prospects with good contracts and putting an end to selling cheap?

- We hope an improvement in the team's performance will attract/bring more fans back, however will you also address some of the obvious inadequate facilities in the 3 stands you own and find a way of getting Blitz/Gazal to complete the fans bar on the top floor of the north stand? Possibly through part or complete funding yourself and/or striking a deal that sees an increase in revenue for the club from the OEC?

- Will you invest in a new pitch and upgrade/improve the training facilities?

- Finally, will you work closely with OACT and the Marketing/Media team to do more to promote the club to the wider Oldham community including a better funded Boundary Blues with improved facilities/Events?

Bump. Anyone who doesn’t want to know what this loon is up to, is mental......

5 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

Bump. Anyone who doesn’t want to know what this loon is up to, is mental......

Loon? Sacking Wellens was a must after that shit showing. OWTB poll agrees.

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

Loon? Sacking Wellens was a must after that shit showing. OWTB poll agrees.

How much noise, the journo responsible for the sun article (name escapes me), Nixon, Keegan, Sheldan Keay.... the suggestions they make.... then Gerrard.... before you start to question him....?

The Poll in this thread agrees he should tell us what his plan is.

10 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

How much noise, the journo responsible for the sun article (name escapes me), Nixon, Keegan, Sheldan Keay.... the suggestions they make.... then Gerrard.... before you start to question him....?

I did say the other day that the shit would hit the fan when LA found out who the mole was and today it truely has. I don't give Gerrard much longer to be drawing a salary either. 

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/5/2018 at 7:57 PM, lookersstandandy said:

We’ve heard nothing of substance thus far, does he now owe us a description of his plan?

- OAFC2004 Ltd makes a loss every year. In normal Limited company circumstances, this is not sustainable. Are you [AL] going to cover that loss and write it off every year until you can make it profitable? i.e You will not saddle OAFC2004 Ltd with Director loans that it has to pay back if/when you come to sell it?

- In order to achieve this, you will need to target an increase in revenue from player transfers and supporter numbers. How are you going to do this?

- Are you going to increase the playing budget so we can attract / sign more expensive [and hopefully therefore better] players, or are you going to operate within the same budget restrictions as our previous owner(s)?

- We are aware you believe you can unearth talent from your extensive knowledge of the World/European player/transfer market, however what are your views of investing in the youth set up [scouts, coaches, facilities] in an attempt to increase the frequency of & profit from home grown talent?

- Will it be possible to reduce the reliance on a procession of loans, rewarding prospects with good contracts and putting an end to selling cheap?

- We hope an improvement in the team's performance will attract/bring more fans back, however will you also address some of the obvious inadequate facilities in the 3 stands you own and find a way of getting Blitz/Gazal to complete the fans bar on the top floor of the north stand? Possibly through part or complete funding yourself and/or striking a deal that sees an increase in revenue for the club from the OEC?

- Will you invest in a new pitch and upgrade/improve the training facilities?

- Finally, will you work closely with OACT and the Marketing/Media team to do more to promote the club to the wider Oldham community including a better funded Boundary Blues with improved facilities/Events?

:lol: 

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

I didn't know where to put this... and apologies if it's posted elsewhere.... but this Twitter thread by the Accrington Chairman is superb. How I wish we had someone like him running our club.

FFS Andy. Why don’t you just ask him if he wants to get a room? 

• 1 month later...
On 5/5/2018 at 7:57 PM, lookersstandandy said:

- Will you invest in a new pitch.....?

Biting us on the bum this now..... there can surely be no excuses not to sort it out over the summer?

Archived