Abdallah Lemsagam Poll  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Does Lemsagam owe us ka-myoo-ni-ka-shun & a Plan?

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Surely starting with the infrastructure is a good thing? Easier sell to new signings as well. 

I’d say paying bills and wages would be the first thing. Then sorting the pitch at BP. Staffing infrastructure - like having a manager, coaches, etc. Then think about other shit. 

36 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

You’d think a new pitch would be the priority though.

Pete Wild doesn't seem to have had any problems. 

Trying to play passing football on 4th division pitches, no matter how good our pitch is, was only ever going to work 50% of the time. 

37 minutes ago, RoytonLatics said:

Why would/should he spend money on a pitch/ground which he doesn't own and one that might be sold to a third party in the near future? 

Because we have to play on it?? 

2 hours ago, maddog said:

I’d say paying bills and wages would be the first thing. Then sorting the pitch at BP. Staffing infrastructure - like having a manager, coaches, etc. Then think about other shit. 

Ah ok, sorry. 

Yeah, I agree.

I think things have become that shit, I was bit blinded by some form of investment going into the club. But of course wages/proper staffing should take place first. The pitch while important isn’t the same priority as decent training facilities. 

I did allude to this in an earlier post, it’s bizarre that we don’t the basics as you say, but we’ve got money for this facility.  

1 hour ago, rudemedic said:

Pete Wild doesn't seem to have had any problems. 

Trying to play passing football on 4th division pitches, no matter how good our pitch is, was only ever going to work 50% of the time. 

1 hour ago, RoytonLatics said:

Why would/should he spend money on a pitch/ground which he doesn't own and one that might be sold to a third party in the near future? 

Spot on rude. We played on a beach in premier league after the plastic got took up and did just fine, that was with top level players.  4th division players do not play with the ball on the ground the vast majority of time. 

Also agree with you Royton. It makes perfect sense to me to invest in bricks and mortar that add value. Rather than spend 500k on pitch that in season or two will probably be fucked again, and the players aren’t good enough to utilise anyway. 

A nice pitch is desirable. 

A decent training facility is a must. 

32 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Spot on rude. We played on a beach in premier league after the plastic got took up and did just fine, that was with top level players.  4th division players do not play with the ball on the ground the vast majority of time. 

Also agree with you Royton. It makes perfect sense to me to invest in bricks and mortar that add value. Rather than spend 500k on pitch that in season or two will probably be fucked again, and the players aren’t good enough to utilise anyway. 

I agree too, training facilities are a big positive. But we didn't do OK in the prem

5 hours ago, League one forever said:

Bricks and mortar is stretching the definition of a portakabin.... 

10 hours ago, League one forever said:

Surely starting with the infrastructure is a good thing? Easier sell to new signings as well. 

Do this company do some kind of project like the councils took for new schools and hospitals

10 hours ago, sjk2008 said:

You’d think a new pitch would be the priority though.

These modular buildings will be rented on a lease type agreement so payment stretched out over a long period of time. The pitch needs £500,000 dropping into it in a lump sum so I imagine that’s why this structure is something we can move on sooner. 

9 hours ago, League one forever said:

Do we (does he) own Chapel Road or is owned by the council? 

4 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Bricks and mortar is stretching the definition of a portakabin.... 

I haven’ t seen many portakabin’s with a  wrap around balcony hanging off the side of one end. . .

Let’s not be churlish though eh? 😉

A bit of money might be going in, that can only be a positive if it happens. 

6 minutes ago, League one forever said:

3 seasons and a decent cup run, our most success spell of the last 1000 years suggests we did ok in the prem. 

We even beat united once. . 😁

Yes but that is not a reason to not invest in a pitch over 25 years later. 

That said this development of chapel road could be a real positive for the club assuming its well executed.

2 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Just a few cabins bolted together isn’t it ? Kitted out well it will be useful though. 

No, it’s a lot more than that.  If it’s good enough for Prem teams....

that’s if it ever happens of course. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/5/2018 at 7:57 PM, lookersstandandy said:

We’ve heard nothing of substance thus far, does he now owe us a description of his plan?

- OAFC2004 Ltd makes a loss every year. In normal Limited company circumstances, this is not sustainable. Are you [AL] going to cover that loss and write it off every year until you can make it profitable? i.e You will not saddle OAFC2004 Ltd with Director loans that it has to pay back if/when you come to sell it?

- In order to achieve this, you will need to target an increase in revenue from player transfers and supporter numbers. How are you going to do this?

- Are you going to increase the playing budget so we can attract / sign more expensive [and hopefully therefore better] players, or are you going to operate within the same budget restrictions as our previous owner(s)?

- We are aware you believe you can unearth talent from your extensive knowledge of the World/European player/transfer market, however what are your views of investing in the youth set up [scouts, coaches, facilities] in an attempt to increase the frequency of & profit from home grown talent?

- Will it be possible to reduce the reliance on a procession of loans, rewarding prospects with good contracts and putting an end to selling cheap?

- We hope an improvement in the team's performance will attract/bring more fans back, however will you also address some of the obvious inadequate facilities in the 3 stands you own and find a way of getting Blitz/Gazal to complete the fans bar on the top floor of the north stand? Possibly through part or complete funding yourself and/or striking a deal that sees an increase in revenue for the club from the OEC?

- Will you invest in a new pitch and upgrade/improve the training facilities?

- Finally, will you work closely with OACT and the Marketing/Media team to do more to promote the club to the wider Oldham community including a better funded Boundary Blues with improved facilities/Events?

It took him 1 year and 16 days.

My biggest issue with it, is he clearly didn’t know what he was/wasn’t buying and/or is using it as an excuse for his failure(s). Therefore he’s incompetent, lying or both. There’ll be no investment in the playing surface and the budget is no better (probably worse) than before his arrival.

He says he’s ‘subsiding’ losses himself. Are these gifts or loans? I’d like to see the overdue Accounts.

No mention of the infrastructure plans for the portakabin facility at Chapel Road that appeared on the fishul a few days ago. Has he even got planning permission?

The cynic in me thinks this is heavily influence by season ticket sales.

Nonetheless, it’s a good step in the right direction. It’s such a shame it took so long and my trust in him is so damaged.

Archived