Jump to content

Abdallah Lemsagam Poll  

75 members have voted

  1. 1. Does Lemsagam owe us ka-myoo-ni-ka-shun & a Plan?



Recommended Posts

can someone please explain some of our fans obsession with scholes being involved in our management team ? imho would be an absolute circus that if he fails would leave us no better off and  if he succeeds would end up the same when he buggers off to a bigger club plus there is the whole salford city conflict of interest to deal with  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, peanuts said:

can someone please explain some of our fans obsession with scholes being involved in our management team ? imho would be an absolute circus that if he fails would leave us no better off and  if he succeeds would end up the same when he buggers off to a bigger club plus there is the whole salford city conflict of interest to deal with  

 

I'll start; Enhance our club profile in media, boost commercial income and I think he knows one or two things about football.  He'll also bean inspiration for our youth players training with someone of the stature of Scholes.  Pair him with an experienced assistant.

 

Every appointment is a gamble but one that would generate interest for the club in a positive way doesn't harm.

 

Dont understand the Salford conflict of interest comment.  Loaning our kids to them will help benefit us.  Training facilities perhaps?  Again can only see positives

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Will be the most important decision of the summer.

 

Has to be someone who knows the league.

 

Someone like a Keith Curle, Gary Johnson

 

Didn’t someone see Keith Curle at the donny or Southend game??

 

think he’s half decent, went to Carlisle in cup earlier in season and they ran rings round us 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Brisbaneblue said:

 

Didn’t someone see Keith Curle at the donny or Southend game??

 

think he’s half decent, went to Carlisle in cup earlier in season and they ran rings round us 

It was Southend. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Brisbaneblue said:

 

 

think he’s half decent, went to Carlisle in cup earlier in season and they ran rings round us 

 

Not sure that's much of a yardstick..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Midsblue said:

 

I'll start; Enhance our club profile in media, boost commercial income and I think he knows one or two things about football.  He'll also bean inspiration for our youth players training with someone of the stature of Scholes.  Pair him with an experienced assistant.

 

Every appointment is a gamble but one that would generate interest for the club in a positive way doesn't harm.

 

Dont understand the Salford conflict of interest comment.  Loaning our kids to them will help benefit us.  Training facilities perhaps?  Again can only see positives

the conflict of interest with salford  is his part ownership of the club  iirc you cannot own one club and have an interest in another in the same country 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dec666 said:

The plan as of now surely starts, and ends, with the signing of Cheltenham Towns captain and player of the year.

Wanted by Lincoln...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Brisbaneblue said:

 

Didn’t someone see Keith Curle at the donny or Southend game??

 

think he’s half decent, went to Carlisle in cup earlier in season and they ran rings round us 

He was at the Southend game, the day before it was announced he was leaving Carlisle.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, back to the OP. Over 80% of those who’ve completed the poll say Yes to Lemsagam owing us a substantive address regarding his plan.

 

I would like to call on Simon Brooke and the Trust to inform us of what they intend to do to secure said address? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m surprised so many are blaming AL. Yes he has brought some of his own players in Nazon being one and without him recently we would have been down weeks before we were. Corney had us under a transfer and registration embargo which was a regular thing under him, which left us a week to the end of the transfer window to source players. 

 

For me corney takes a major chunk of the blame closely followed by wellens who’s decision making and formations/ selections have killed us the last 10 games with a team I think was far too good to go down. 

 

AL has a fresh slate this season coming, his staff, players, money. Let’s judge him from now and see what he has got lined up for us. Could prove us all wrong. I’m not saying AL is not completely blameless but harsh considering the state we were in when he took over. 

 

 

Edited by adamoafc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BP1960 said:

 

He could pull out, SC is ready and waiting they say 

The same SC who hasn’t got a pot to piss in and was grabbing every penny he could off us before leaving. SC had that sun article published, makes him sound like a saviour. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

The same SC who hasn’t got a pot to piss in and was grabbing every penny he could off us before leaving. SC had that sun article published, makes him sound like a saviour. 

 

Did SC sell the club for nothing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

So, back to the OP. Over 80% of those who’ve completed the poll say Yes to Lemsagam owing us a substantive address regarding his plan.

 

I would like to call on Simon Brooke and the Trust to inform us of what they intend to do to secure said address? 

I'm sure it's not far off. Couple of things needed/needs to be done.

 

Knowing what division we are in. Now we do.

 

Appointing new board directors once one if the old ones has left.

 

It's hard to roll out a plan when one of the old guard who got us in this mess...is still at the club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, underdog said:

I'm sure it's not far off. Couple of things needed/needs to be done.

 

Knowing what division we are in. Now we do.

 

Appointing new board directors once one if the old ones has left.

 

It's hard to roll out a plan when one of the old guard who got us in this mess...is still at the club.

 

Thanks for replying Tracey. I’m particularly keen to hear from the Trust rep regarding how he intends to represent our wishes to our owner, such that we may better understand what his [AL] plan is for our club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our steady decline as a Club over the last 10 years has disguised the fact that we have slipped to the level of an average Division4 / League2 Club, financially and now on the pitch

 

Latics average Home Attendances of 4,442 is at the current Division4/League2 average of 4,491, so we have absolutely no advantage of the financial benefits that greater home crowds have v other teams in the League and that's before we experience our crowds slipping further due to what standard of football fans are expecting to see.

 

I would have thought Mr Lemsagam would have considered the prospects of relegation before he invested in the Club but I'd be amazed if he seriously considered the real likelihood of relegation due to us being in the same League for 21 years and our League position at the time and the playing squad available.

 

I am not expecting anything from Mr Lemsagam soon other than maybe a 'holding statement' as he has a lot to digest regarding the significant reduction in £revenues being a team finding itself in Division4/League2.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

 

Thanks for replying Tracey. I’m particularly keen to hear from the Trust rep regarding how he intends to represent our wishes to our owner, such that we may better understand what his [AL] plan is for our club.

We've all have been in touch with regards to the last 24hrs and gutted is not the word. 

 

So we are going to digest it all have a sad sunday to reflect. Might seem a tad selfish i know, but we are fans 

 

Timing is crap as we are in the final plans for the Gordon Lawton memorial cricket trophy match for next sunday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/05/2018 at 6:46 PM, underdog said:

We've all have been in touch with regards to the last 24hrs and gutted is not the word. 

 

So we are going to digest it all have a sad sunday to reflect. Might seem a tad selfish i know, but we are fans 

 

Timing is crap as we are in the final plans for the Gordon Lawton memorial cricket trophy match for next sunday.

 

Understand.

 

Please could I also ask for an update - from the Trust - on the plan for Playershare, as I continue to contribute handsomely to this initiative - as an exiled northerner in the south - this was my way of contributing my season ticket money to the club, while keeping the money out of the hands of those I trusted less to spend it wisely.

 

I’m very happy to continue to do so, so long as the money is going toward helping the club/manager/coach recruit players from which to assist us on the pitch.

 

Many thanks in advance.

 

Andy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just seen the RW interview on the official site. He looks understandably depressed but sounds as though he remains in charge for next season. Already spoken to players he wants to keep/release. We will be a "big club" in L2 and the aim is promotion! He wants more character in the side next season. Confirmed Fane was suspended for disciplinary reasons.

 

Can't make up my mind on this tbh. I admire the plan for stable management, if that is going to be the case. Guess he has to be given pre-season and the first dozen matches next season and see what happens. Everything is crossed!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly believe there is nothing to be gained by getting rid of him at this stage. He knows the club and the players he decides to keep. He's made mistakes yes, but lets give him a full pre season to bring players in and shape his own squad. You never know, with a bit of continuity we may start moving forward. Something we haven't done for years.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we get rid of the deadwood and recruit well then we’ll have as good a chance as any of achieving promotion. However, we will need a good start and with yet another ‘new team’ that’s not a given.

 

If we have a poor start as in previous seasons it will turn toxic very quickly.

 

There are a few clubs in the 2nd who will fancy there chances of a promotion push and it’s going to be anything but easy...

 

There’s a lack of experience now right through the club from pitch to boardroom and it will be difficult to return at the first time of asking.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd be happier if we appointed someone like Phealen if Wellens is keeping his job, too much work currently for one man and MP experience in the game would be invaluable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/05/2018 at 10:29 AM, dec666 said:

The plan as of now surely starts, and ends, with the signing of Cheltenham Towns captain and player of the year.

Is this all part of Leeslover's grand plan? :blind:

Make the team as shit as is needed at such a low level that Bambi could actually return and look half decent (for 60 minutes! )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...