Abdallah Lemsagam Poll  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Does Lemsagam owe us ka-myoo-ni-ka-shun & a Plan?

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, kowenicki said:

You just ignored my point and the whole context of the previous conversation.  Let’s leave it there. 

No I didn't, I gave an example of how borrowing your way to success doesn't always end in tears, there may well be others - of course the circumstances are different but they are at every club.

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

No I didn't, I gave an example of how borrowing your way to success doesn't always end in tears, there may well be others - of course the circumstances are different but they are at every club.

The Glaziers didn’t borrow for success. United were already successful. 

Anyhow, you might want to ask current united fans how happy they are with the Glaziers, the decaying state of the stadium and the collapse of their success on the pitch.  Given the creation of FCUM I’d say their involvement ended in tears for plenty of fans. 

15 hours ago, latics22 said:

I’d quite happily be taken over by some rich guy and “cheat” our way to the prem!

15 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Me too. As long as it’s real wealth and not just loans. That always ends in tears. 

14 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Yes them Glaziers are struggling....

14 hours ago, kowenicki said:

We are talking about building a lower league club (with smaller crowds than 75,000 and a global fan base of less than tens of millions) on loans.  Tad different. 

They’re a very bad, extreme example (given the extent to which they’ve over extended themselves) but the difference between us and Bury is that we’d get 6 or 7,000 home fans pretty quickly if we had an owner who did similar and it worked. 

7 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

They’re a very bad, extreme example (given the extent to which they’ve over extended themselves) but the difference between us and Bury is that we’d get 6 or 7,000 home fans pretty quickly if we had an owner who did similar and it worked. 

Like we did with Chris Moore look how that turned out.

13 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Like we did with Chris Moore look how that turned out.

....but Moore was involved in a very serious Fraud.....

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2011/may/09/torex-retail-chris-moore

....so it's not a good example of an owner committing money / a budget to a football club for a fixed period, that is within his/her means, in order to grow the supporter base / then attempt to maintain it and live within your new more competitive means.

If we had an owner with a Plan, which would inevitably have to include some Cap Ex, that was overt about what his/her medium-long term Plan included - be that foreign player recruitment / commitment to developing youth / scouting non-league for hidden gems, with the objective to sell 1 player per season for decent money to help balance the books - I believe he/she could bring the club [back] closer to the public/community of the town and parts of Tameside, that would regularly command the 6-7k Dave talks about, regardless of short-term on field performance.

We can all put up with a shit season or two if the general trajectory is positive. Infrastructure is improved upon. Facilities are welcoming. What fooks us over is 10+ consecutive seasons battling to stay in League One/Two and our home crumbling around us.

What I don't get is.... why anyone (especially one without any emotional connection to the town/club) would buy a football club without a Plan..... and then cry poverty / complain about the difficult circumstances. Don't fooking buy it in the first place then.... because your motives will look disingenuous, or you'll look stupid.

3 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

....so it's not a good example of an owner committing money / a budget to a football club for a fixed period, that is within his/her means, in order to grow the supporter base / then attempt to maintain it and live within your new more competitive means.

But it would probably have been much the same outcome if he'd just got bored....

Just now, Dave_Og said:

But it would probably have been much the same outcome if he'd just got bored....

.....not if we were living within our competitive means after the injection of capital. I'm not saying someone should constantly fund a deficit.... far from it.... anyone willing/able/capable of spending money they are likely never to see again on a vanity project for personal reasons, should only do so if they aim to make the club sustainable afterwards.

I'd like to see Middlesbrough's accounts over a long period. I reckon someone like Steve Gibson is the perfect example of such an owner.....

10 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

.....not if we were living within our competitive means after the injection of capital. I'm not saying someone should constantly fund a deficit.... far from it.... anyone willing/able/capable of spending money they are likely never to see again on a vanity project for personal reasons, should only do so if they aim to make the club sustainable afterwards.

I'd like to see Middlesbrough's accounts over a long period. I reckon someone like Steve Gibson is the perfect example of such an owner.....

The answer is staggeringly straightforward but the authorities don;t seem inclined to implement it:

1.  Have an indicative salary cap

2. The owner is completely free to spend whatever they like on top of it

3. If the indicative salary cap is breached then the owner has to place a bond with the league sufficient to enable an orderly wind down of he "overpend" commitments if for whatever reason they walk away.  I'd suggest a year's worth of the over the top commitments which would prevent the need for an immediate fire sale of anything that moves.

4 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

The answer is staggeringly straightforward but the authorities don;t seem inclined to implement it:

1.  Have an indicative salary cap

2. The owner is completely free to spend whatever they like on top of it

3. If the indicative salary cap is breached then the owner has to place a bond with the league sufficient to enable an orderly wind down of he "overpend" commitments if for whatever reason they walk away.  I'd suggest a year's worth of the over the top commitments which would prevent the need for an immediate fire sale of anything that moves.

I couldn't agree more.....

46 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

If we had an owner with a Plan, which would inevitably have to include some Cap Ex, that was overt about what his/her medium-long term Plan included - be that foreign player recruitment / commitment to developing youth / scouting non-league for hidden gems, with the objective to sell 1 player per season for decent money to help balance the books - I believe he/she could bring the club [back] closer to the public/community of the town and parts of Tameside, that would regularly command the 6-7k Dave talks about, regardless of short-term on field performance.

We can all put up with a shit season or two if the general trajectory is positive. Infrastructure is improved upon. Facilities are welcoming. What fooks us over is 10+ consecutive seasons battling to stay in League One/Two and our home crumbling around us.

What I don't get is.... why anyone (especially one without any emotional connection to the town/club) would buy a football club without a Plan..... and then cry poverty / complain about the difficult circumstances. Don't fooking buy it in the first place then.... because your motives will look disingenuous, or you'll look stupid.

One of the best posts I've read on this or any forum.

25 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

You could look Bournemouth as being a club that got lucky and hit the jackpot and can afford a multi million pound training facility but even Mansfield Town are sailing past us look at what they've got below.

Mansfield Town new £2million training facility

.....and Lincoln.... I heard bloody Eardley on the radio after they were promoted today and he said they had received my moved into new training facilities. A Plan.

10 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

.....and Lincoln.... I heard bloody Eardley on the radio after they were promoted today and he said they had received my moved into new training facilities. A Plan.

Yes a £2million training facility mainly funded from the FA cup run and they raised a good amount from the fans crowd funding imitative. 2 clubs who are now flying by having a plan and sound management.

Someone on Twitter is suggesting Mo is close to getting his coaching badges (we know what that’ll mean) and that Al is looking to bin off the youth team in the summer.

Anyone else hearing this?

12 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

Someone on Twitter is suggesting Mo is close to getting his coaching badges (we know what that’ll mean) and that Al is looking to bin off the youth team in the summer.

ffs do Sondico even do flat caps in their training gear range?

5 hours ago, sjk2008 said:

5 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Yep...

If this is true and the logical conclusion results............ well.... may the gods help us. And SC begins to be viewed as a saint in comparison!

I`ve said it elsewhere - no more of my money to the owner until there is some serious communication/outline of a plan/change of ways or a new owner (can't believe we are going through all this again really).

Think the Mansfield game is the time we start the AL protest. The fact ML is doing his coaching badges suggests he isn’t far off being involved management wise. Protest outside the ground ideal when sky are there. Mass walk out aswell would surely be mentioned during the game if it happened. 

Trust should be setting this up. AL took no interest in their letter. About time us fans really showed how we feel. 

Archived