Just bought a season ticket despite going down my town my team no mater what it’s what true supporters do. Take the rough with the smooth I know it’s rough right now but our team need all the money they can get so chin up man up and let’s bounce back up. 

Come on Oldham keep the faith. 

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
On 5/7/2018 at 3:19 PM, laticman said:

Just bought a season ticket despite going down my town my team no mater what it’s what true supporters do. Take the rough with the smooth I know it’s rough right now but our team need all the money they can get so chin up man up and let’s bounce back up. 

Come on Oldham keep the faith. 

Rinse and repeat...😮

2 hours ago, stevesidg said:

It seems to be quiet on how many we have sold for next season

anyone  ITK? 

I was at a gathering on Friday - a booze up actually. Amongst the gathering were 6 long-time season ticket holders (including me). Only 2 said they had renewed, with the rest (like me) saying they are going to pick and choose games next season and "see how it goes". All had a very dim view of the current state of the club and unanimously said they had never felt more distanced from the club as fans. The final numbers will be interesting.

On 5/26/2019 at 10:40 AM, wiseowl said:

I was at a gathering on Friday - a booze up actually. Amongst the gathering were 6 long-time season ticket holders (including me). Only 2 said they had renewed, with the rest (like me) saying they are going to pick and choose games next season and "see how it goes". All had a very dim view of the current state of the club and unanimously said they had never felt more distanced from the club as fans. The final numbers will be interesting.

After all six of them unanimously said those words did you ask all six of them "what does that even mean?" 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

That equates to a deficit of £200k compared with last season!

But I'm sure the trust have said we have a 100% bigger budget than last season ....

2 hours ago, LaticMark said:

Surprised it's so many to be honest.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, oafcshuck said:

But I'm sure the trust have said we have a 100% bigger budget than last season ....

And after another ten pages that will probably become accepted OWTB FACT. They said nothing of the sort, ever. 

On 5/26/2019 at 10:40 AM, wiseowl said:

Well if your ‘sample size’ was representative we’d be at 1000 season tickets. 

.....but we we are at 1900, so it isn’t. 

2 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

It’s still a fair reduction so based on those figures I don’t see how AL can promise that the budget will be 100% better next season.

It could be 100% bigger than last year as in a pound more not doubled !! Haven’t we already done this ? 

I do also realise you could be alluding to the same and still don’t see how it could be ? 

9 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

Fuckinell 😳 The Trust have not said that.

9 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

And after another ten pages that will probably become accepted OWTB FACT. They said nothing of the sort, ever. 

4 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

It could be 100% bigger than last year as in a pound more not doubled !! Haven’t we already done this ? 

I do also realise you could be alluding to the same and still don’t see how it could be ? 

The trust published the notes that took weeks to be verfied, so surely in essence they have said that ....

No it doesn't. The way it reads is as the budget is 100% better than last year i.e. doubled. 

5 minutes ago, oafcshuck said:

The trust published the notes that took weeks to be verfied, so surely in essence they have said that ....

No it doesn't. The way it reads is as the budget is 100% better than last year i.e. doubled. 

This is an example of when the spoken words are more revealing than written ones

"You can be 100% sure that our budget is bigger" is what may have been meant.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

After all six of them unanimously said those words did you ask all six of them "what does that even mean?" 

Erm.... it means they feel very little affinity with the club anymore. Fans being treated like mugs.

5 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Well if your ‘sample size’ was representative we’d be at 1000 season tickets. 

.....but we we are at 1900, so it isn’t. 

I never claimed it was representative. Looks like we'll be around 1,000 down on season ticket holders compared to last season. A 33% reduction is pretty alarming. If that is also reflected via POTD customers, our average "home" support will be the lowest for many, many years. It's sad but a reflection on my response to Harry above.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

This is an example of when the spoken words are more revealing than written ones

"You can be 100% sure that our budget is bigger" is what may have been meant.

It doesn't say that though. It says "That the playing budget is for next year is 100% better than this season"

These are notes that have been approved by the club and the trust. 

Selling season tickets after stating that quote would be false advertisement, as it clearly states that we have a doubled playing budget for next season from a meeting with the club. 

If not, why haven't the trust sorted this. 

25 minutes ago, oafcshuck said:

It doesn't say that though. It says "That the playing budget is for next year is 100% better than this season"

Selling season tickets after stating that quote would be false advertisement, as it clearly states that we have a doubled playing budget for next season from a meeting with the club. 

Open to interpretation. I read it as it will definitely be more, not that it will be doubled. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, oafcshuck said:

You're quite right shuck. Notes produced should be an accurate reflection of what was said (and any obvious ambiguity cleared up prior to publishing).

When reading the Trust notes, it was ambiguous - and it would have helped if they had qualified what they meant by "100 % better".

‘Confirmation by AL/DS (club) that the playing budget for next year is 100% better that (sic) this season.’

so you can interpret ‘100% better’ as meaning ‘definitely better’

OR

you can interpret ‘100% better’ ’ as meaning ‘double’

I think that most would choose the latter.

🤔

59 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Erm.... it means they feel very little affinity with the club anymore. Fans being treated like mugs.

I never claimed it was representative. Looks like we'll be around 1,000 down on season ticket holders compared to last season. A 33% reduction is pretty alarming. If that is also reflected via POTD customers, our average "home" support will be the lowest for many, many years. It's sad but a reflection on my response to Harry above.

If the 1000 or so are as fickle as your good self the club could actually make more money...

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Open to interpretation. I read it as it will definitely be more, not that it will be doubled. 

I disagree. It's not open to interpretation, they way it's wrote means the budget will be doubled for next season. 

I have strong suspicions it does mean it'll definitely be more than last season as I can't imagine us affording to double our budget, the way it is wrote is wrong and I'm stunned for an organisation representing the fans it hasn't been sorted .. still!