28 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

You're quite right shuck. Notes produced should be an accurate reflection of what was said (and any obvious ambiguity cleared up prior to publishing).

When reading the Trust notes, it was ambiguous - and it would have helped if they had qualified what they meant by "100 % better".

Exactly, not as if they didn't liaise with the club over a period of time either ..

21 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

‘Confirmation by AL/DS (club) that the playing budget for next year is 100% better that (sic) this season.’

so you can interpret ‘100% better’ as meaning ‘definitely better’

OR

you can interpret ‘100% better’ ’ as meaning ‘double’

I think that most would choose the latter.

🤔

I think anyone with a decent vocabulary would choose the latter. The first one doesn't even need the 100% in. The playing better for next year is better than this season suffices.  

41 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

‘Confirmation by AL/DS (club) that the playing budget for next year is 100% better that (sic) this season.’

so you can interpret ‘100% better’ as meaning ‘definitely better’

OR

you can interpret ‘100% better’ ’ as meaning ‘double’

I think that most would choose the latter.

🤔

You mean most WANT to choose the latter so they can complain, bitch and moan. 

It will not be 100% more, it will be 100% better.  If it was double then I’m sure he would have said “doubled”. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, oafcshuck said:

I think anyone with a decent vocabulary would choose the latter. The first one doesn't even need the 100% in. The playing better for next year is better than this season suffices.  

It’s just emphasising confirmation. You are being obtuse, so that you can bitch and moan later. I have a decent vocabulary... I choose the former.

4 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

You mean most WANT to choose the latter so they can complain, bitch and moan. 

It will not be 100% more, it will be 100% better.  If it was double then I’m sure he would have said “doubled”. 

If it was better there would be no need to include the 100% figure. Still astounded these have been published this way to be honest.

3 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

It’s just emphasising confirmation. You are being obtuse, so that you can bitch and moan later. I have a decent vocabulary... I choose the former.

Not at all. It's quite clear. As mentioned, if the budget is simply bigger then this season, the phrase '100%' is not needed. 

4 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Only based on what is the obvious, which I agree it's more obvious we will have a slightly bigger budget than a doubled one.

The way it's wrote states it will be doubled though. No other way around it. 

7 minutes ago, oafcshuck said:

Only based on what is the obvious, which I agree it's more obvious we will have a slightly bigger budget than a doubled one.

Not really.  Well have to agree to disagree. 

9 minutes ago, oafcshuck said:

I prefer it when you only talk bollocks when your on the gear Shucks 

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

If the 1000 or so are as fickle as your good self the club could actually make more money...

Agree with you (except for the fickle bit 🤪) -  I`ve always said that IF something dramatic changed for the better (with or without this owner) then I will pay on the day at every home game next season, and it will cost me considerably more. I`ve been consistent on this one simply - I`m not willing to give money up front to the owner in the present circumstances. My way of protesting (in view of the fact the other protests initially mentioned - and one endorsed by the Trust - simply evaporated into thin air). Now, that's fickle.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, oafcshuck said:

Not at all. It's quite clear. As mentioned, if the budget is simply bigger then this season, the phrase '100%' is not needed. 

I'll put this into a context you'll understand.

Picture the scene. It's 3am. You've only gone through half a box of Kleenex and have, for the 27th time that evening, wiped down your laminated John Sheridan poster. You say to Latics22 (yourself) "do you think these drugs are better than last nights"

To this Latics22 (yourself) replies "100% better"

Doesn't mean you had double the amount the previous evening or they were doubly as good. 

It's a well used saying.

"Alexa, add Kleenex to my shopping list"

• Like 4

1 hour ago, wiseowl said:

Agree with you (except for the fickle bit 🤪) -  I`ve always said that IF something dramatic changed for the better (with or without this owner) then I will pay on the day at every home game next season, and it will cost me considerably more. I`ve been consistent on this one simply - I`m not willing to give money up front to the owner in the present circumstances. My way of protesting (in view of the fact the other protests initially mentioned - and one endorsed by the Trust - simply evaporated into thin air). Now, that's fickle.

Biting your nose off to spite your face. It’s in your blood. You will go even if things don’t improve. As will the vast majority. We are down to the REAL hardcore now. I honestly don’t think the attendance drop come the first home game will be noticeable really. 

I’ve pretty much sat on the fence all along regards AL and will continue to do so. If it turns out he’s been doing stuff behind the scenes to achieve his goal and does actually bring some success, there’s gonna be some fucking eggy faces on here. BTW this does not mean I’m “bumming” him or am not nervous of the bloke fucking us right up. He’s made some howlers. He’s admitted that. 

I don’t buy a season ticket anyway as I can’t always make saturdays. But I’ll comtinue to go and support as normal. If we get beat off fucking Morecambe again though, I’ll be spitting my dummy out and missing the following match 😳😩

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Just pointing out you COULD argue it. Don’t think anyone here would though cough cough Kowenicki 🖐🏻

I’ve agreed to disagree with him. (On account of him being wrong) 

Edited by kowenicki

4 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

I'll put this into a context you'll understand.

Picture the scene. It's 3am. You've only gone through half a box of Kleenex and have, for the 27th time that evening, wiped down your laminated John Sheridan poster. You say to Latics22 (yourself) "do you think these drugs are better than last nights"

To this Latics22 (yourself) replies "100% better"

Doesn't mean you had double the amount the previous evening or they were doubly as good. 

It's a well used saying.

"Alexa, add Kleenex to my shopping list"

Is it f*ck! I'd reply yes or no. Simple. There's no need for the 100% better.

The only way a response of 100% better would be used is if they were much much better '100% better' .. things such as a meal, a football performance .. can't have a value for 100% better though as they don't have a value, it just implies much better. When talking about a budget, it does have a value, so 100% better would mean it's doubly as good. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

I honestly don’t think the attendance drop come the first home game will be noticeable really. 

Agree with that comment, as it's somewhat of a tradition to attend the first game of the season (be it home or away). The crowd trend will come afterwards.

IF we get off to a flying start, the attendance will be maintained to a degree. However, another season like this (or worse) and I`m of the opinion we'll be looking at a hardcore home attendance below 3,000. 

I wish it was different; I am Latics through and through but it's been a downward spiral for a long time now and the current set-up may well result in our nadir.