Congratulations Corney

4 minutes ago, latics22 said:

This is all hearsay we don’t know if he has interfered.

I think his intentions were good, some of the imports were unable to adapt to Division One as was always the risk.

Queensy being a prime example.

We don't know about Mouche or Bentecke they never really had a chance to show us anything.

19 minutes ago, Hands on said:

Few of us liked the Corney years because we made no progress.  Simply that we made no progress but we stayed put.  i was not a fan of his approach but boy do I wish he saw the season out and kept us in league 1 again.

To blame Corney for what has happened in the last eight games of the season is the reasoning of the insane.

Some blame lies with Wellens who will presumably wait for the sack and his severance pay.  Most blame lies with the favouritism and interference by the owner who because he is the owner is perfectly entitled to do what he likes.  What he likes has relegated our football club.  If he carries on we will soon be fighting another battle - for survival in the football league.

There is nothing about our situation that gives me cause for optimism.

We did not stay put under corney at all, we very much went backwards.

The club had a presence in the town, a reasonable fan base, a supporters bar. It had an identity, a soul. He killed all of that.

I don't blame him solely for relegation but he laid the path.

• Like 1

Few of us liked the Corney years because we made no progress.  Simply that we made no progress but we stayed put.  i was not a fan of his approach but boy do I wish he saw the season out and kept us in league 1 again.

To blame Corney for what has happened in the last eight games of the season is the reasoning of the insane.

Some blame lies with Wellens who will presumably wait for the sack and his severance pay.  Most blame lies with the favouritism and interference by the owner who because he is the owner is perfectly entitled to do what he likes.  What he likes has relegated our football club.  If he carries on we will soon be fighting another battle - for survival in the football league.

The club had a presence in the town, a reasonable fan base, a supporters bar. It had an identity, a soul. He killed all of that.

• Like 1

• Like 1

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

He's full blown loop de loop if he agreed for the Articles to be like that 

He he could only purchase the97% corney was selling. He was keen to acknowledge/respect the fans investment for the other 3%.

Bull

Shit

We went down because our first manager of the season cobbled together a disastrous 4 points from 8 games.  Our new manager then got a winning formula which he abandoned and only managed 7 points from the last 8 games. (Soooo many winnable games in that last 8)

So 11 points from those series of 16 games. THATS what relegated us. The manager and the players are 100% responsible. 

Edited by kowenicki

10 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Bull

Shit

We went down because our first manager of the season cobbled together a disastrous 4 points from 8 games.  Our new manager then got a winning formula which he abandoned and only managed 7 points from the last 8 games. (Soooo many winnable games in that last 8)

So 11 points from those series of 16 games. THATS what relegated us. The manager and the players are 100% responsible. 

Most of the players played for both managers, some for the two previous managers. I think that tells you something.

We went down because the new owner brought in players unknown to both managers and gave said players considerable better perks than the ones already contracted which led to a rift in the dressing room and with this the result meant there was absolutely no harmony in the dressing room . No spirit and no desire. Do you really think any of them were arsed we went down?

On 5/5/2018 at 11:35 PM, blueatheart said:

I’ve edited.

All ends up, he’s taken money from a club who ultimately hasn’t survived. He’s had a go at fans for not turning up and he’s profited from the fans that have.

It might not be stealing per se. But he’s no Robin Hood.

Man invests in business and takes out a wage shocker

7 hours ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

We went down because the new owner brought in players unknown to both managers and gave said players considerable better perks than the ones already contracted which led to a rift in the dressing room and with this the result meant there was absolutely no harmony in the dressing room . No spirit and no desire. Do you really think any of them were arsed we went down?

Downboats on this? Why? 

13 hours ago, Andy b said:

Excellent. Have four upboats ?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, underdog said:

He he could only purchase the97% corney was selling. He was keen to acknowledge/respect the fans investment for the other 3%.

But owning 97% and allowing a structure to be outvoted 2:1. If that's the case then that's lunacy.

10 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

But owning 97% and allowing a structure to be outvoted 2:1. If that's the case then that's lunacy.

There is nothing to say new board members are not coming on board. I'm hoping there are some in the pipeline with regards to business knowledge that can contribute to our club and help us grow commercially at leat, if not to invest. I know of two that are lined up.

However, it's hard to bring fresh blood in, when one of the old board is still there. You want a clean slate don't you before you roll out your short term/long term goals.

the trust vote has an equal parity and it's wrote in the clubs articles of association. I'm not good with that kind of board level stuff, maybe one of the other trust members will come along and explain it better than me. Let's just say currently, the vote is Al, Brooke and Corney....ye gods it's ABC.

The trust rep/vote is there to err on the safeguarding on OAFC our club and I am confident in their skills to do this and yes, we should all have the confidence that's what all the board members should be there to do as they are the guardians on our club. We want achievable goals now as living off a month to month existence is bloody shoddy.  Al knows that it's us fans that can help him to do this, he's passionate about our involvement, to be self sustaining to a certain degree.

we need to learn what's happened with other clubs that are in our postion, how they have adapted, re grouped and to the model of those that bounced back up.

i know it's not the words we want to hear, but now is the time to clear the decks, whittle out what's rotten in our club, get back to the family club. Small steps...but that's my dream....I hope it's everyone else's with of course people on board with business sense to drives us there.

oh well..too much sun for me. Heheh...I've rambled a bit so time to get back out there in the sun and get my freckles to merge to form some sort of tan.

11 minutes ago, underdog said:

There is nothing to say new board members are not coming on board. I'm hoping there are some in the pipeline with regards to business knowledge that can contribute to our club and help us grow commercially at leat, if not to invest. I know of two that are lined up.

However, it's hard to bring fresh blood in, when one of the old board is still there. You want a clean slate don't you before you roll out your short term/long term goals.

the trust vote has an equal parity and it's wrote in the clubs articles of association. I'm not good with that kind of board level stuff, maybe one of the other trust members will come along and explain it better than me. Let's just say currently, the vote is Al, Brooke and Corney....ye gods it's ABC.

The trust rep/vote is there to err on the safeguarding on OAFC our club and I am confident in their skills to do this and yes, we should all have the confidence that's what all the board members should be there to do as they are the guardians on our club. We want achievable goals now as living off a month to month existence is bloody shoddy.  Al knows that it's us fans that can help him to do this, he's passionate about our involvement, to be self sustaining to a certain degree.

we need to learn what's happened with other clubs that are in our postion, how they have adapted, re grouped and to the model of those that bounced back up.

i know it's not the words we want to hear, but now is the time to clear the decks, whittle out what's rotten in our club, get back to the family club. Small steps...but that's my dream....I hope it's everyone else's with of course people on board with business sense to drives us there.

oh well..too much sun for me. Heheh...I've rambled a bit so time to get back out there in the sun and get my freckles to merge to form some sort of tan.

Im not much arsed about this so called family club. I want a winning team and I’m happy. Then the stands will be more full , the atmosphere better. I’d like to just be excited about turning up at BP not this feeling of dredding it !! Please ask AL on behalf of the fans to stop bringing in these Johnny Foreigner Jokers. Thanks. 

32 minutes ago, underdog said:

Good post. Need to see the bigger picture in all of this and try to put OAFC on a new sustainable trajectory. We are where  we are and need to forget about where we have come from and the failures that have got us here. It only leads to bitterness and meaningless arguments amongst fans that get us nowhere.

what is the future you want? How do we get it? What is the role and contribution of fans to making that happen? Fans are not passive bystanders in all this.

1 hour ago, jorvik_latic said:

If true, a lease car will be about £400 an month? Not a massive perk. 

Digs paid for + more wages than most and they don't even play in most cases. It's easy to see why there is resentment and division.

4 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Digs paid for + more wages than most and they don't even play in most cases. It's easy to see why there is resentment and division.

That could be part of their wage package? Dunno. Still more than other players so yeah, there may be a bit of division.