Congratulations Corney

21 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Now him I would take. Don’t think city will let him go on the cheap though. Take it your happy with the standard of player he’s brought in then ? 

Naaa. One trick pony. Couple of loaves and fishes and a few bottles of wine in one event and everyone thinks he's some sort of messiah. Pull your head in simply.

27 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

I agree. But that due process isn’t difficult. I’ve done it twice.

He must be in bad leaver territory too if he is not following the agreement to resign and any shareholder agreement will deal with that. 

Exactly. It still needs to be followed though. 

On 06/05/2018 at 7:16 PM, Hands on said:

Few of us liked the Corney years because we made no progress.  Simply that we made no progress but we stayed put.  i was not a fan of his approach but boy do I wish he saw the season out and kept us in league 1 again.

To blame Corney for what has happened in the last eight games of the season is the reasoning of the insane.

Some blame lies with Wellens who will presumably wait for the sack and his severance pay.  Most blame lies with the favouritism and interference by the owner who because he is the owner is perfectly entitled to do what he likes.  What he likes has relegated our football club.  If he carries on we will soon be fighting another battle - for survival in the football league.

There is nothing about our situation that gives me cause for optimism.

It's not just about the last eight games.  Yes if we'd mustered a win, we'd have somehow stayed up but this end to a season has been brewing for years thanks to the slapstick manner in which the club has been run for ages. Fair enough, the Lemsagam glut of generally substandard players didn't help and Wellens' decisions and signings haven't been inspirational.

But I can't help seeing relegation to League 2 as Corney's legacy.

1 hour ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Now him I would take. Don’t think city will let him go on the cheap though. Take it your happy with the standard of player he’s brought in then ? 

Some have been ok in patches, others haven't been up to the required standard. Like Pringle.

27 minutes ago, Stevie_J said:

It's not just about the last eight games.  Yes if we'd mustered a win, we'd have somehow stayed up but this end to a season has been brewing for years thanks to the slapstick manner in which the club has been run for ages. Fair enough, the Lemsagam glut of generally substandard players didn't help and Wellens' decisions and signings haven't been inspirational.

But I can't help seeing relegation to League 2 as Corney's legacy.

This is where I am too. We should have stayed up this season from the point AL officially took over, but Corney left him a mess, which was slightly worsening too. 

Corney's time includes some highlights, but a significant negative legacy, mainly connected to land. Of course as Corney still hasn't left his legacy will now include a relegation. 

There are undoubtedly posters on here with an agenda verging on a vendetta against Corney BUT he never got us relegated and always provided funds when a manager really needed them. The blame for relegation lies firmly at Wellens door with his bizarre team selections and style of play. This team should have easily stayed up.

Yes the club may have financial issues-what lower league club doesn't (maybe Rochdale) but on the pitch we should have had enough to stay up

1 hour ago, rudemedic said:

Of course as Corney still hasn't left his legacy will now include a relegation. 

He was no longer in charge so how can he be responsible for things since Christmas? That lies at AL's door.

9 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

He was no longer in charge so how can he be responsible for things since Christmas? That lies at AL's door.

Are we blaming AL for the state of the playing surface, duck ponds for training pitches and a circus of a football club that is at times is the laughing stock of the FL? 

Thats Corneys legacy he is part of the reason we are where we are and those fans proclaiming him as some sort of messiah seriously need to give their heads a wobble.

20 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

Well he doesn't.

I think that we need an independent third party organisation that shows the up to date details of share ownership of Companies to solve this disagreement.

If only there was an organisation in England and Wales like Companies House to settle the discussion!  :blind:

16 minutes ago, ChaddySmoker said:

I think that we need an independent third party organisation that shows the up to date details of share ownership of Companies to solve this disagreement.

If only there was an organisation in England and Wales like Companies House to settle the discussion!  :blind:

They can only show up to date information if it's submitted to them.

17 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

An upvote for this Frizzell54 ? What are you some kind of racist bastard ? ?

I missed the point of "Johnny Foreigner Jokers,'" because I am not a racist and therefore colour, race or creed do not imediately spring to my mind.

The word foreigner does not pertain to race, but location and I suspect it was used as a colloquial expression.

6 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Are we blaming AL for the state of the playing surface, duck ponds for training pitches and a circus of a football club that is at times is the laughing stock of the FL? 

Thats Corneys legacy he is part of the reason we are where we are and those fans proclaiming him as some sort of messiah seriously need to give their heads a wobble.

And is any of this much different to previous seasons when we managed to stay up?

Anyway you have now got your wish and he is gone but have you seen any evidence that the new owner is going to be any better or has greater resources? Not so far other than renaming the ground to what it should have always been-that took some serious investment didn't it? No sign of a new pitch just more improvement work-imagine the uproar if this was Corneys announcement.

I accept you really wanted change just hope its not out of the frying into the fire which many of these takeovers by relatively unknown overseas investors have turned out to be. Nothing so far indicates this will be any different.

20 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

And is any of this much different to previous seasons when we managed to stay up?

Anyway you have now got your wish and he is gone but have you seen any evidence that the new owner is going to be any better or has greater resources? Not so far other than renaming the ground to what it should have always been-that took some serious investment didn't it? No sign of a new pitch just more improvement work-imagine the uproar if this was Corneys announcement.

I accept you really wanted change just hope its not out of the frying into the fire which many of these takeovers by relatively unknown overseas investors have turned out to be. Nothing so far indicates this will be any different.

I will give AL a chance first after all he's just spent the best part of three or four months trying to get Corney to do the honourable thing and resign, I make no excuses for wanting change and good riddance to a man who in my opinion has done plenty more harm than good in recent seasons, I will judge AL on his first couple of seasons and if nothing changes you may have a point but who knows whats going to happen.

1 hour ago, frizzell54 said:

I missed the point of "Johnny Foreigner Jokers,'" because I am not a racist and therefore colour, race or creed do not imediately spring to my mind.

The word foreigner does not pertain to race, but location and I suspect it was used as a colloquial expression.

Related image

3 hours ago, jorvik_latic said:

They can only show up to date information if it's submitted to them.

I think you are being slightly less than clear cut. It could easily be more clearly stated what happened and wipe away concerns that supporters have. Anyway at the point of takeover being formally resolved on 21st January (when AL was formally registered as a Director) the shares were also changed from 97+3 to  97+97+3+3.

Clearly, you can make the assumption that the Trust had the 6. But we don't know.
So either AL + SC or AL + AN other had 97 each or AL had both.

Why would that be done as an interim measure?

You are inferring that it is not the case and AL has the totality of the shares. I accept it might be out of date and the shares transferred over, with the set up being buying the current set up and overlaying it, other a number of other otptions.

But that is what is sticking in my craw, why the secrecy. What is supposed to be a positive and a clear change is marred by smokescreen. 

This ambiguity by the Trust and AL is harming reputations.