League 2 activity

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Thought we should have put 5 or 6 against Mansfield at home.

Meant more the away game. They battered us, playing lovely football. Very lucky to get a nil-nil.

Didn't see the game at Gigg Lane, but Bury were pretty drek defensively at BP - COG HT ffs.

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Watching the League 2 Play Off final this afternoon - goalless at the end of normal time with Newport down to ten men. 

Poor game - not sure I can face another 30 minutes of this...😮

Awful game. 

There is a really good article in The I paper today about Tranmere and how Palios has transformed it's fortunes. Can only dream of what they have set up there and the facilities they enjoy BUT it all takes money and they got that by selling their old training ground. £2 million to pay off debts and £2.6 million to invest in the club structure. Link below.

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/mike-dean-tranmere-rovers-league-two-play-off-final-newport-county-mark-palios-chairman/

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

Watching the League 2 Play Off final this afternoon - goalless at the end of normal time with Newport down to ten men. 

Poor game - not sure I can face another 30 minutes of this...😮

We've got another 46 games of it coming, never mind half an hour.

Off topic, but Keegan just posted on twitter about villa and derby, the money is madness!  embarrassing! Derby sold their ground for 80 million to post a profit of 14 million! Villa snatch a player from boro on 70k a week, when boro were only willing to pay (an ACCEPTED quarter of that figure ) what is going on !? Talk about gambling the crown jewels! It is all or nothing literally! Boom or bust  ! It’s a terrible state of affairs !

Archived