League 2 activity

1 minute ago, adamoafc said:

Please enlighten me you must know something everyone else doesn’t! 

Easily checked on the EFL site.  There is a Directors and Officers Test which the media lazily refer to as the Fit & Proper Test.  It has most of the factors that one might expect to see in such a test but what it does not do is check on intentions; that would be pointless as it would be unenforceable.  I have suggested many times that owners should have to deposit a bond with the EFL if they spend over the Salary Cap Management Protocol; the lower leagues' version of financial fair play.  There is no test on earth that could prevent an individual from making daft decisions.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Easily checked on the EFL site.  There is a Directors and Officers Test which the media lazily refer to as the Fit & Proper Test.  It has most of the factors that one might expect to see in such a test but what it does not do is check on intentions; that would be pointless as it would be unenforceable.  I have suggested many times that owners should have to deposit a bond with the EFL if they spend over the Salary Cap Management Protocol; the lower leagues' version of financial fair play.  There is no test on earth that could prevent an individual from making daft decisions.

Petty to be challenging me over the wording of what the test is called 😂 

Either way, whatever you want to call it, like I’ve just said it needs to be revised. More and more clubs going the same way. 

36 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

You can't disqualify people on the basis of what they might do.  And there's no such thing as the fit and proper test.

They refer to it as 'due diligence' in these parts 😫

22 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

Petty to be challenging me over the wording of what the test is called 😂 

Either way, whatever you want to call it, like I’ve just said it needs to be revised. More and more clubs going the same way. 

Well I was more making the point that no test can stop a person making foolish decisions but whatever.

10 hours ago, nzlatic said:

It needs to get tougher.  What Bury did last season was a scandal - get in a bunch of quality players on wages they can't afford, even having to get the PFA to step in and help pay them, then get promoted.  How that's allowed to happen is beyond me.

Their promotion should honestly be rescinded. Scandalous how they’ve gotten away with it.

3 hours ago, Handsy said:

Bradford sign Vaughan  Doyle gotta be surplus to requirements come on Al push the boat out  and try and get him back here 

Going off a conversation I had with Eoin Doyle about 6 months ago, there's more chance of Fr Doyle from Ss Aidan & Oswalds signing for us...

8 hours ago, Handsy said:

Bradford sign Vaughan  Doyle gotta be surplus to requirements come on Al push the boat out  and try and get him back here 

I'd have mixed feelings about that. He wasn't the same player following his illness, and didn't get many more goals for us. His record at Bradford doesn't warrant pushing the boat out for him..

43 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

He was off to Bolton in January for £1m until they could not pay the fee and returned to FGR. That’s a significant fee reduction 🤔

1 in 17 might have something to do with it?

On 6/25/2019 at 7:57 PM, TheBigDog said:

He was off to Bolton in January for £1m until they could not pay the fee and returned to FGR. That’s a significant fee reduction 🤔

Not really when you consider that 3/4 of the fee was dependant on appearances, goals scored, international appearances, Bolton reaching the Premier League etc.

Archived