League 2 activity

9 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Snap him up.

8 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

How depressing is it that we should be happy to be considering snapping up a player who hasn’t been offered a new contract at fu***** Rochdale!!!😞

Why depressing? We don’t know the reason why he has not been offered a new contract.  Shouldn’t we just look at his record over the past two seasons (45 - 20 & 31 - 15) and determine if he would be worth a place in the team?  Granted he is 35 years old now but we know that modern players if they look after themselves can play on longer than they used to.

He was also a target for Salford last summer so maybe that has something to do with it.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He has a very good scoring record in League 1 at Rochdale so will be on decent money....in the present climate it’s probably an age related cost cutting measure similar to the Peter Clarke situation here.  He would be a great addition to our squad for a season or so but it’s not the value of a players merits I’m highlighting it’s the position we now find ourselves within the football pyramid......

For me, it’s totally fu***** depressing!!!

***********ABDALLAH OUT***********

2 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Why depressing? We don’t know the reason why he has not been offered a new contract.  Shouldn’t we just look at his record over the past two seasons (45 - 20 & 31 - 15) and determine if he would be worth a place in the team?  Granted he is 35 years old now but we know that modern players if they look after themselves can play on longer than they used to.

He was also a target for Salford last summer so maybe that has something to do with it.

I think it's not so much Henderson's value, more the fact we have been in a Division lower than Rochdale for 2 seasons, which has never happened before.  We've spent almost a quarter of our existence 2 divisions above them.

The only time prior we've been a League lower before was for 1 season almost 60 years ago when the 4th division was created out of D3N.

1 hour ago, ShireBlue said:

What on Earth is our squad going to look like next season 🙈🙈

Much like the pie on your avatar I would imagine but without any of it's shape, consistency or meat. (only joking, it'll be great 🤣)

• 2 weeks later...

After 5 games this season, Exeter were top and Northampton were near the bottom on the same points as Latics.

Northampton were the maggots we could only draw against in our last game of League one which allowed Rochdale to go above us and we got relegated (sorry to bring painful memories back).

What the hell have we become?

Where the hell are we going?

Rhetorical questions, no need to answer.

L2 after 5 games.jpg

It’s nigh on 30 years since we achieved anything at all. It must be at least 10 seasons since we even had a positive goal difference in May!

If our poor form continues this season with yet another new squad I suspect Dino will be gone very quickly and I fail to see how these 🤡’s will be able to keep what’s left of our dwindling fan base on side!!

With the effect of the Covid pandemic we strangely have a chance to reset. Like the majority of teams in League 2 we will be building a new squad almost from scratch. 

I hope we will hit hit the ground running but recent history tells us we will not...this is a massive season where we have to arrest the slide and start making some progress.

I am hopeful we can but far from convinced that we will!!

8 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

It’s nigh on 30 years since we achieved anything at all. It must be at least 10 seasons since we even had a positive goal difference in May!

If our poor form continues this season with yet another new squad I suspect Dino will be gone very quickly and I fail to see how these 🤡’s will be able to keep what’s left of our dwindling fan base on side!!

With the effect of the Covid pandemic we strangely have a chance to reset. Like the majority of teams in League 2 we will be building a new squad almost from scratch. 

I hope we will hit hit the ground running but recent history tells us we will not...this is a massive season where we have to arrest the slide and start making some progress.

I am hopeful we can but far from convinced that we will!!

We have said for the last few season's that this is the season to stop the slide, but it has never been achieved. AL says each time he sacks a manager, 'this time we need to get the right man', but he never does, because he and his brother keep interfering.

21 hours ago, al_bro said:

I've never seen this lad play (perhaps BP has), but surely he should have been on our radar if he's what the Stevenage manager says he is.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53247327

Stevenage manager says of his new signing “ He’ll hopefully do ok but he’s nothing special “.

Not going to happen is it ?

• 2 weeks later...

Forest Green doing their recruiting early....😮

Forest Green Rovers have made their sixth summer signing by recruiting teenage striker Jake Young from Premier League club Sheffield United. Young, 18, has signed a two-year deal with the League Two club.

His arrival follows goalkeeper Luke McGee, midfielder Dan Sweeney, winger Nicky Cadden, and defenders Kane Wilson and Jack Evans.

There was a Twitter rumour that we were interested in Kane Wilson. 

54 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Forest Green doing their recruiting early....😮

Forest Green Rovers have made their sixth summer signing by recruiting teenage striker Jake Young from Premier League club Sheffield United. Young, 18, has signed a two-year deal with the League Two club.

His arrival follows goalkeeper Luke McGee, midfielder Dan Sweeney, winger Nicky Cadden, and defenders Kane Wilson and Jack Evans.

..........it is unlikely we will see many deals being done until dates of return and the conditions under which this will happen are confirmed.

Archived