Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Simpo

League 2 activity

Recommended Posts

Sorry if it's still a bit for some of us, but I had a wry smile at the thought of starting this thread!

 

Who do we fancy to win the Conference playoff final, Tranmere or Boreham Wood?

On the one hand it's a renewal of what was a fun little rivalry, or a team we've never played before, unless someone can correct me?

I personally like the idea of a new opponent, and it would be funny if, even at our lowest ebb since 1971, we're still above Tranmere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Boreham Wood would be a close game for me.  I'm still trying to get over the fact they are two divisions higher than my local team; until very recently my lot were the bigger club

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, kowenicki said:

Boreham Wood.  I wish nothing but ill for Tranmere. 

 

Boreham Wood, with Forest Green that's a few trees to explore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There were lots of Tranmere fans gloating on Twitter yesterday so it would be nice for them to bottle it at Wembley (again). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got to be the tramps, they are like our ex wife, fucking hate them, but you have to see them once in a while

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, SAV said:

Got to be the tramps, they are like our ex wife, fucking hate them, but you have to see them once in a while

I'd sooner see someone younger and more attractive than my ex-wife.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

I’d sooner the same but with the current wife !! 

I’m telling her, u live near burys ground I believe?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't understand why anyone would want Boreham Wood up apart from geography for those fans living anywhere near.

 

Tranmere up please and let's have a decent away day following and a bit of rivalry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

And you just gonna walk round the streets shouting it ? ?. Tbf that would look totally normal round these ends ?

I’ll hire a megaphone and drive round shouting it ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LaticsLegend said:

Can't understand why anyone would want Boreham Wood up apart from geography for those fans living anywhere near.

 

Tranmere up please and let's have a decent away day following and a bit of rivalry.

 

New ground?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, maddog said:

 

New ground?

 

I guess so.

 

Not the most appealing though and facing that sort of opposition, no disrespect, makes relegation feel way more depressing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, LaticsLegend said:

 

I guess so.

 

Not the most appealing though and facing that sort of opposition, no disrespect, makes relegation feel way more depressing.

 

I know what you mean but a new ground is a new ground. There’ve been precious few of those over the last 21 years!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, maddog said:

 

I know what you mean but a new ground is a new ground. There’ve been precious few of those over the last 21 years!

Definately hope Borehamwood come up, Like you said new ground and all that. Even though we’ve gone down, there’s currently only 4 new grounds for me to visit next season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, maddog said:

 

I know what you mean but a new ground is a new ground. There’ve been precious few of those over the last 21 years!

 

I bet we get Walsall in the cup. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

 

I bet we get Walsall in the cup. 

 

? Or Carlisle. Standard!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, maddog said:

 

New ground?

 

If we keep on getting relegated, we’ll see lots of those.

 

Trannies for me. Biggest rivalry we’ve had since Uddersfelt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought this was worth posting, for a laugh - someone sent me this link, Bury fans putting our fans in the same bracket as Millwall and Leeds etc.

 

One of them says we’ll struggle next year because we’ll be the team everybody wants to beat.. 

 

Worth a laugh. I think the link will show you page 2 but page 1 there’s plenty to read aswell

 

https://www.gigglane.com/index.php?/topic/31672-let’s-all-laugh-at-oldham/&page=2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, MAC0AFC said:

Thought this was worth posting, for a laugh - someone sent me this link, Bury fans putting our fans in the same bracket as Millwall and Leeds etc.

 

One of them says we’ll struggle next year because we’ll be the team everybody wants to beat.. 

 

Worth a laugh. I think the link will show you page 2 but page 1 there’s plenty to read aswell

 

https://www.gigglane.com/index.php?/topic/31672-let’s-all-laugh-at-oldham/&page=2

 

Amusing, considering the record of arrests shows Bury are worse than Oldham and Oldham are one of the lowest in the league.  

 

The worst clubs by far are Yorkshire and West Midlands based. 

 

Facts eh... pain in the arse aren’t they. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/05/2018 at 7:09 PM, Magic Mikey said:

I'd sooner see someone younger and more attractive than my ex-wife.

Your ex wife who is currently dating a a mid table Championship Club?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, leeslover said:

Your ex wife who is currently dating a a mid table Championship Club?

If I'm Latics, he's......... I'll have a think ?

Edit: I've had a think. He's a cunt, he's MK Dongs. Harsh to liken someone to MK, but that's how I feel.

Edited by Magic Mikey
Update

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, oafc_lover said:

Bury name Ryan Lowe as permanent manager on 2 year deal.

 

I’m surprised by that.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×