League 2 activity

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I wonder if he was an early AL man

He wasn't, as his agent was Mustafa Mahmood & part of Inspire sports Management.  (It was 2016-seems ages ago). But highly likely they know each other. Mahmood is/was Matt Smith's cleint, and he sorted out Matt Smiths move to Macclesfield.
(I've followed him on twitter since, rather than geeky knowledge)

• 1 month later...
53 minutes ago, jsslatic said:

Bury haven't paid their wages.

They have only just been taken over for heavens sake. What is going on in football, surely they would have had to have passed the fit & proper person rules etc.etc. and been proven to have the financial clout.

8 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

They have only just been taken over for heavens sake. What is going on in football, surely they would have had to have passed the fit & proper person rules etc.etc. and been proven to have the financial clout.

Changing bank accounts innit.

7 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

Bury were worse than us for paying their wages late under their previous owner. Didn't seem to make the headlines though.

Keegan doesn’t ‘support’ Bury. 

8 hours ago, super_blue said:

Bury are really struggling....

Read they have debts upwards of £10mill

https://www.buryfc.co.uk/news/2019/april/statement-from-the-chairman/

Fair play to him for addressing the issues and at least appearing to have a plan, million miles away from our mute ineffective owner and his couple of arse lick sidekicks.

8 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Fair play to him for addressing the issues and at least appearing to have a plan, million miles away from our mute ineffective owner and his couple of arse lick sidekicks.

Didn’t have you down as being that gullible.  It’s a terrible piece designed to deflect. If AL had done it you’d be going mad at it. 

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

There's no plan spelt out in that statement. If Marco had issued the exact same statement, you'd have been [rightly] all over him about lack of due dilligence, and [rightly] like with Corney all over him about slagging off the fans.
The only bit that is good-ish is element of truth about the rumours. But it does not take away frrom the fact, similar to our situation, everyone knew. They were spending way above their means and it had be from somewhere.

Trouble is, we may well be in debt by the same amount or worse.

50 minutes ago, singe said:

There's no plan spelt out in that statement. If Marco had issued the exact same statement, you'd have been [rightly] all over him about lack of due dilligence, and [rightly] like with Corney all over him about slagging off the fans.
The only bit that is good-ish is element of truth about the rumours. But it does not take away frrom the fact, similar to our situation, everyone knew. They were spending way above their means and it had be from somewhere.

Trouble is, we may well be in debt by the same amount or worse.

I agree. The statement doesn't even address their most pressing issues of the Winding Up Order and the staff not having been paid. Marco would be getting hammered on here for issuing a statement like that, and rightly so.

In saying that his advisors have told him to walk away but he's "not that type of guy", I'd be worried that he's setting the scene to do exactly that, if I were a Bury fan. I'd be even more worried that he appears to have made a career out of asset stripping failing businesses and has shifted the ground in to a separate company owned by him and his son.

Archived