League 2 activity

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Swap Wes Morgan and Marc Albrighton for Peter Clarke and Danny Mayor and I'd imagine Leicester would still have won the league.

If you'd swapped Anthony Gerrard for James Pearson in the Thai brothel there would still have been a chance Leicester winning the League

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently, the Kamani family, of Boohoo and Pretty Little Thing fame - whom hail from Wilmslow - are rumoured to buying Bury;

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/business/business-news/boohoo-adam-kamani-profile-manchester-14617736

£100s of millions net worth. Brilliant.

Nice one Blitz & Gazal.

9 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Apparently, the Kamani family, of Boohoo and Pretty Little Thing fame - whom hail from Wilmslow - are rumoured to buying Bury;

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/business/business-news/boohoo-adam-kamani-profile-manchester-14617736

Nice one Blitz & Gazal.

And interested in property too!

Oh dear.

2 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

Nice one Blitz & Gazal.

That seems like a ridiculous notion to me.  So it’s probably true... or (more likely) it will be some bloke who runs a local skip company. 

2 hours ago, kowenicki said:

That seems like a ridiculous notion to me.  So it’s probably true... or (more likely) it will be some bloke who runs a local skip company. 

You never know 

it could be one of the Neville’s , potential conflict of interest though 

23 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

Nice one Blitz & Gazal.

Or not. 

This Steve Daly chap seems to have set up and dissolved all kinds of companies all over the country and gone into partnerships with innumerable others. It looks very iffy.

They can never be a self sustainable L1 side on the gates they get. The only way that would be possible is for lots of income from off field sources, like ourselves. We may be able to learn from them how to do it, but am I right in thinking that they own the ground and the land where income can be generated, which we don't?

24 minutes ago, al_bro said:

This Steve Daly chap seems to have set up and dissolved all kinds of companies all over the country and gone into partnerships with innumerable others. It looks very iffy.

They can never be a self sustainable L1 side on the gates they get. The only way that would be possible is for lots of income from off field sources, like ourselves. We may be able to learn from them how to do it, but am I right in thinking that they own the ground and the land where income can be generated, which we don't?

they do. 

41 minutes ago, astottie said:

mate of mine who is a long time Bury fan says the rumours yesterday were that they were going into administration. 

Looks like the gravy train might have run out. 

They've paid their wages late as many, if not more times than we have over the past couple of years.

A Bury fan I work with is suspicious and reckons it might be some sort of debt shifting exercise linked to their now former owner.

43 minutes ago, al_bro said:

I just had a quick look at their message board, and most of the people on their seem to be very sceptical.

This deal must have been done at lightning speed compared to our takeover.

A snail and a tortoise could have done our takeover quicker. 

Archived