League 2 activity

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Who do they owe that to? 

Aspire Media and ultimately Jobserve. Basically companies of Robbie Cowling.
The stadium and other parts of Colchester are separated out, but unlike us, it ultimately falls to the one owner. Cowling is director 24 compannies though, not all Colchester related obviously.

Tranmere losing £45,000 a wek (nearly £2.5m pa) in 2017 when in the National League.

Owners bought fresh shares of £5m in them.

Bank Loans up to is £2m

Under 1 yr debt £3.3m, 1yr+ debt £5m fixed on land and property.

2 hours ago, singe said:

Crystal Palace losing £750,000 per week (almost £40m) despite income of £150m. Not League 2, but posted by way of a comparision.

Its just crazy isn’t it.  Feels a bit like a purge is coming. Seems to me that financial woes are being discussed, and are in the open, more than usual. 

20 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Its just crazy isn’t it.  Feels a bit like a purge is coming. Seems to me that financial woes are being discussed, and are in the open, more than usual. 

I remember when Italian League imploded, feels like that.

Cant see  the next Sky & BT  deals being so generous, and they will use direct steaming & Amazon more. Not sure it will be enough to cover the difference.

1 hour ago, kev1969 said:

Looks like they are in a bad way all that over spending had to bite them in the end ....

It’s a mini Bolton, except Bury borrowed from loans companies whereas Bolton borrowed from a fan. 

Bury is now owned by a known asset stripper. Not looking good.  

1 hour ago, singe said:

#WheresTom

He's still got a lot to learn regarding positional play, which is more crucial at full back than in the middle, but is going the right way. His decision making at the other end is not great as he seems to panic a bit when an opportunity arises but it was good to see him have a crack from 25 yards on Saturday. I'm confident with a similar number of games as George, and with a steadying influence playing alongside, his progression will continue. 

Archived