League 2 activity

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

FT

Very good results. 

Could help significantly, IF we win on Saturday. 

Could not have been any better!
Dale also gave themselves a slender lifeline.

Amazingly tight at the bottom of League One.

1 minute ago, Wardie said:

Funny watching OAFC fans on Twitter getting nervy over the two results tonight.
It's good to have some positive interest at this end of the season.

Been a while....

Sorry, but fans need to get down there Saturday. Why wouldn’t you want to cheer on PW and the team to potential success? 

Struggling to comprehend that the play-offs actually could happen.  I'd given up on the club, never mind the season after Lincoln.

Absolutely get down there Saturday on the basis that support for Pete Wild and the team isn't misinterpreted as support for the owner.

AL owes Pete Wild a pint or 600 for providing the high points of a largely atrocious season and getting the focus back on the football.

4 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Struggling to comprehend that the play-offs actually could happen.  I'd given up on the club, never mind the season after Lincoln.

Absolutely get down there Saturday on the basis that support for Pete Wild and the team isn't misinterpreted as support for the owner.

AL owes Pete Wild a pint or 600 for providing the high points of a largely atrocious season and getting the focus back on the football.

The crazy thing is FA Cup 4th round via a fabulous giant killing away day and in the playoffs hunt with 6 games to go.....this is our best season for years!!!!!! 😀😀😀

Just have to cling in there... Saturday is huge. 7 points from next 3 and we could be in a great position. 

It would be nice for newport to have a poor easter meaning we can go down there with something to play for and them being in holiday mode....

17 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Exeter are 7th on 62. With 5 games left. 

We are 11th on 57. With 6 games left. 

I think its it’s fair to assume Exeter/another team will get to 70 points.

I think we need 15 out of 18 points to have a chance.

Tough ask. 

We have to play Exeter.  

I honestly can't believe that we're in with a shot of making the playoffs after all that has happened this season!  How Wild has made it even a possibility speaks volumes for what he's done in the last fortnight.

We will need to keep the run of form that we've had going for the rest of the season to even stand a chance, but if we do with the remaining fixtures then we'll go into the playoffs on the back of results against other contenders which would be a big factor.

What I would say is that I don't fear any of the teams above us in the chase for 6th or 7th.  We're a functional 4-4-2 team currently with a bit of quality from Lang (and maybe Baxter off the bench) yet that's still better than about 2/3's of the division.  This league really does lack quality, which makes it more disappointing that we haven't been able to properly exploit it and it's doubtful that we'd be able to next season either.

Swindon is now a big game for both sides, but I think we could get a win.

Archived