League 2 activity

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, League one forever said:

Exeter are 7th on 62. With 5 games left. 

We are 11th on 57. With 6 games left. 

I think its it’s fair to assume Exeter/another team will get to 70 points.

I think we need 15 out of 18 points to have a chance.

Tough ask. 

70-57=13. 13 out of 18 is definitely do-able.

Doesn't matter what we get out of 18 at the moment. All that matters is what we get on sat. 

Get 3 points and we look at the next game. One game at a time is all that matters.

Keep focused, 1 game at a time and reassess.

Play offs for me are still achievable, but I'm nit even contemplating them until we are actually able to get in them with a single win

Bury case adjourned til 15th May on the basis of payments coming from the EFL and season ticket sale money coming in. Sounds like Chris Brass has accepted a payment plan of some sort but HMRC have piggybacked on to the hearing for £277k.

Talk amongst Bury fans on twitter that they need  gates of 7500 paying £20 each for each of their last 3 home games to survive...

Not sure if players/staff have been paid either...

Sounds bleak

2 hours ago, philliggi said:

Doesn't matter what we get out of 18 at the moment. All that matters is what we get on sat. 

Get 3 points and we look at the next game. One game at a time is all that matters.

Keep focused, 1 game at a time and reassess.

Play offs for me are still achievable, but I'm nit even contemplating them until we are actually able to get in them with a single win

Wanted a tiny bit of wiggle room. 

11 hours ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

Bury case adjourned til 15th May on the basis of payments coming from the EFL and season ticket sale money coming in. Sounds like Chris Brass has accepted a payment plan of some sort but HMRC have piggybacked on to the hearing for £277k.

Talk amongst Bury fans on twitter that they need  gates of 7500 paying £20 each for each of their last 3 home games to survive...

Not sure if players/staff have been paid either...

Sounds bleak

Wonder if one the Nevilles would step up to help them somehow?

Bury's message board is in meltdown - situation sounds absolutely dire with "issues" about the owner coming out of the woodwork from all and sundry. Their team may well go into freefalll now - players even apparently said they will strike this Saturday if they are not paid wages owed!

9 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Cambridge United’s accounts;

Owners very clearly propping the club up, but are at least being honest about it. They don’t own their ground either....

There cant be any fun involved in owning a lower league football club, no profit to be made and every fan wanting more cash injection and success..There will be only two professional leagues in the next ten years unless salary caps are brought in..

5 minutes ago, fleetwood Blue said:

There cant be any fun involved in owning a lower league football club, no profit to be made and every fan wanting more cash injection and success..There will be only two professional leagues in the next ten years unless salary caps are brought in..

Quite. Which is my ol Marco shouldn’t be getting a monk on when the Trust press him for answers to questions and to understand what his Plan is.....

9 hours ago, fleetwood Blue said:

Even if salary caps are brought in some clubs would get around it by paying expenses, buying houses or normal living costs for players etc.

FWIW I know half this board have already given up.

I was close to doing. But it’s 7 points against a team we have to play. Beat them. Game in hand. It’s 1.

Gap of 3 to the rest.

They kick off tomorrow at 1. They draw, we win we. Well .. I’ll be back

Just had a bet.

Cant post it as screenshots don’t work 🤷🏻‍♂️

£35 pays £603.15

’If’ it wins. I’ll donate 10% of the winnings to ‘Mind’, ‘’Autism awareness’ and ‘Dr Kershaws’ all charities close to me.

Aston Villa

MK Dons

Oldham

Crawley or the draw

Cmon you blues.

6 minutes ago, oafcshuck said:

Just had a bet.

Cant post it as screenshots don’t work 🤷🏻‍♂️

£35 pays £603.15

’If’ it wins. I’ll donate 10% of the winnings to ‘Mind’, ‘’Autism awareness’ and ‘Dr Kershaws’ all charities close to me.

Aston Villa

MK Dons

Oldham

Crawley or the draw

Cmon you blues.

The majority won’t give a sh*t but the reason for those three charities.

Mind - Personal point of view (please refrain from the jokes if possible) but suicide is the biggest killer of men under 40 in the UK

Autism Awareness - Purely been brought to this through Dan Gardner. Most of you will have seen the video/article he did on the BBC. Done a lot personally for me at the club and has given much more to the community than most will realise. You can have your opinion of him of the pitch but off it the lads so down to Earth and a credit to the club.

Dr Kershaws - Probably the closest to me. Sorry if this sounds ‘blaise’ but one of the only Oldham charities that shouts out to me. They did me the honour of looking after a family member through their final weeks and I’m sure there’s a few more on here who have been through the same. Solely rely on donations and provide a service that goes above and beyond, that no-one apart from ‘us’ local folk know about.

Chnaged my mind. The bet above wins AND Oldham win by 2 or more. Half goes to Kershaws.

23 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

It’s not gonna matter. Let it go ...

If we can get two wins this weekend, we’ll be right in with a shout. Which is incredible given what a shitshow this season’s been.

10 hours ago, singe said:

Bury really are in trouble.

Their Chairmans statement here.

https://www.buryfc.co.uk/news/2019/april/a-message-from-the-chairman/

They are up for sale again.

I wish we had more transparency on our finances.

I may be being cynical but releasing that statement the day before the staff are due to be paid suggests to me that they won't be seeing any wages this morning.

Archived