League 2 activity

3 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

Swindon have had the other goalscorer recalled now - interesting to see how Richie does from here....

Just read this.https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/18178245.swindon-town-loanee-jerry-yates-recalled-parent-club-rotherham-united/

Read the comments.  It makes this look like a board of measured responses.  They are top of the bloody league for gods sake!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, astottie said:

Just read this.https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/18178245.swindon-town-loanee-jerry-yates-recalled-parent-club-rotherham-united/

Read the comments.  It makes this look like a board of measured responses.  They are top of the bloody league for gods sake!

They managed when Doyle left and he didn't score yet again last night 😲

But with both gone, he might struggle to keep them in pole position, unless he can find like for like and that's a tough call.

1 minute ago, OLDHAMADE said:

They managed when Doyle left and he didn't score yet again last night 😲

But with both gone, he might struggle to keep them in pole position, unless he can find like for like and that's a tough call.

So how about this scenario:

Doyle doesn't score for Bradford making them think maybe their original view that he didn't fit in there was valid therefore they think maybe we'd best get rid and drop their asking price a little.

Swindon start to struggle without Doyle (and Yates) and think bugger we do need him and up their offer a bit more.

Outcome: last minute deal Jan 31st and everyone is happy.

Interesting that some of the comments on that article were saying they thought Yates was the more important of the 2 to the team.

53 minutes ago, OLDHAMADE said:

Apparently they've just signed Hallam Hope from Carlisle on an 18 month

He looked alright him on Saturday but more a hold up man than an out and out goalscorer.

1 in 4 strike rate in shite Carlisle sides - interesting to see how many he can notch in that attacking Swindon side... 

On 1/22/2020 at 8:11 PM, Gary1906 said:

I can just imagine the reaction of Latics fans if we had players on loan performing like Doyle and Yates have done, and then we’d replaced them with Hallam Hope from Carlisle!! 😂😂😂😂

Yates is now back with Hope at Swindon, who he played alongside at Carlisle, when they destroyed us 6-0 on that fateful day

6 minutes ago, OLDHAMADE said:

Yates is now back with Hope at Swindon, who he played alongside at Carlisle, when they destroyed us 6-0 on that fateful day

So they now have those two plus a lad on loan from Leicester.  Where does this leave Doyle?  I assumed last night as he was left out by Bradford that he was on his way to Swindon.  Looks like I was wrong.

On 1/22/2020 at 6:41 PM, simplythemostimportantkick said:

My Salford mate reckons he’s going there for 5 bags a week

Seems Grigg is against joining Salford and doesn't want to drop down yet another league and with good reason 😏

22 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Tbh I’d probably have a micro gram of respect if they did seem devastated. I didn’t get the feeling they even gave a crap tho. Joke club. 

I was looking at it from the point of view they 'expect' to be going up but that was a major sticking point that cost em dear, looking like another season with us and after all that throwing around the readies 

Archived