League 2 activity

59 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Strikes me as a shit or bust club at the moment.  Spending has been big for a couple of years now. 

Safe money I'd say, no way they're not getting promoted out of this league and if they can hold onto the same player's, they'll be in with a great chance of a second promotion to the championship 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, OLDHAMADE said:

Safe money I'd say, no way they're not getting promoted out of this league and if they can hold onto the same player's, they'll be in with a great chance of a second promotion to the championship 

Richie 'No plan B' Wellens. 

Doyle could get injured tomorrow...

Just now, Bobledgersheart said:

Just like we were guaranteed to stay up the other year ?

Not quite, no one else was scoring any goals for us up front apart from him. His illness completely knocked everything out of him and he wasn’t the same when he came back.

Swindon on the other hand have had two strikers banging them in all season, they’ve only been away for a couple of weeks and now I expect them to carry on where they left off.

1 hour ago, rudemedic said:

Richie 'No plan B' Wellens. 

Doyle could get injured tomorrow...

They won whilst he was back at Bradford and still sit top of the table, now he's back with Yates and Hope there, the gap from 1st to 4th will widen considerably.

Ending with certain promotion 

1 minute ago, JohnG123 said:

Only signed until the end of this season............. odd if they have bought him would have thought he would have wanted at least an 18 month deal..............

Unless he wanted the option to move to a higher level in the summer if he carries on with the form he has shown for them so far this season. 

9 hours ago, JohnG123 said:

Only signed until the end of this season............. odd if they have bought him would have thought he would have wanted at least an 18 month deal..............

I think Bradford were in a corner to be honest and Swindon have paid a token fee. His contract ran out at the end of the season and no one else could buy him and play him this year. He could well be on high wages and wasnt scoring so they wanted rid. And for Swindon the high wages is more of a gamble if they dont go up therefore a short term deal is prudent. 

9 minutes ago, astottie said:

I think Bradford were in a corner to be honest and Swindon have paid a token fee. His contract ran out at the end of the season and no one else could buy him and play him this year. He could well be on high wages and wasnt scoring so they wanted rid. And for Swindon the high wages is more of a gamble if they dont go up therefore a short term deal is prudent. 

You can’t argue with that.

50 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Let's recall HIS actual signing 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤣, has he signed any of them? Nope, all lord shezs signings! Fucking embarrassing!!!

He's that many ex Oldham players in that Swindon squad, he could get away with changing their name by deed pole 

On 1/30/2020 at 9:49 PM, OLDHAMADE said:

They won whilst he was back at Bradford and still sit top of the table, now he's back with Yates and Hope there, the gap from 1st to 4th will widen considerably.

Ending with certain promotion 

😂😂😂

I fail to understand the interest in/admiration of Swindon, 

Wellens and even Doyle.

2 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

😂😂😂

I fail to understand the interest in/admiration of Swindon, 

Wellens and even Doyle.

It is borne from a desire to scapegoat Wellens in denial of reality and jealousy that said goat is romping around the higher echelons of the division in which we are well below average

6 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

It is borne from a desire to scapegoat Wellens in denial of reality and jealousy that said goat is romping around the higher echelons of the division in which we are well below average

So, if he came back here right now, do you think he'd manage anything more than mid table? Ofcourse not!

Take away the money and he'd be nothing.

21 hours ago, Phoenix said:

How are Chesterfield doing? Or Notts County for that matter?  

I didnt debate that fact, however the fact is the majo6of his signing ain't his. They are all players that shez brought to oldham. Take them out where would he be?  And now matty palmer? These are ALL shez signings?.so the question has to be, where would they be? Shez has spent years gaining this knowledge of lower league football. Wellens has rode his wave.

1 minute ago, latics22 said:

I didnt debate that fact, however the fact is the majo6of his signing ain't his. They are all players that shez brought to oldham. Take them out where would he be?  And now matty palmer? These are ALL shez signings?.so the question has to be, where would they be? Shez has spent years gaining this knowledge of lower league football. Wellens has rode his wave.

...and shez didn’t get us above 17th with them .....some wave

sheridan ....outstanding footballer,  great servant to Latics but as a manager just a lower league  journeyman. Incidentally he had by far the biggest budget in the league at Plymouth but achieved nothing......his clubs Chesterfield Notts County Plymouth Latics Carlisle Newport....2 non league  3 bottom half of bottom league  and 1 underachieving.....that is his managerial legacy

3 hours ago, Phoenix said:

...and shez didn’t get us above 17th with them .....some wave

sheridan ....outstanding footballer,  great servant to Latics but as a manager just a lower league  journeyman. Incidentally he had by far the biggest budget in the league at Plymouth but achieved nothing......his clubs Chesterfield Notts County Plymouth Latics Carlisle Newport....2 non league  3 bottom half of bottom league  and 1 underachieving.....that is his managerial legacy

Funny but when the name 'wellens' is mentioned, the first word that springs to mind is 'relegation' and nothing to do with the fact he was a decent player here.

In every way, shape or form, his legacy has been far more detrimental than anything you could ever pin on Sheridan.

Archived