Sign in to follow this  
Simpo

League 2 activity

11 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

We must be one of, if not the most despised clubs in the league. I fucking hate what we have become under these 🤡🤡’s. Do we really need to do this to a fellow club who like ourselves are struggling to compete both competitively and financially. It’s pointless and totally unnecessary.

I really don’t want this lot running our football club.....period!!

***********ABDALLAH OUT**********

This is an extreme view for something kind of pointless and minor. Don't break the rules. Simple really. If the FA did their job correctly, it wouldn't have been postponed.

If I remember correctly, they cancelled the game shortly before, so maybe we lost money on travel/hotels etc which could not be recovered. I know some fans did on trains. It doesn't take too long for us to send an email to the FA, to state that they didn't do the check correctly when Stevenage cancelled the game. I don't see the big fuss tbh.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

We must be one of, if not the most despised clubs in the league. I fucking hate what we have become under these 🤡🤡’s. Do we really need to do this to a fellow club who like ourselves are struggling to compete both competitively and financially. It’s pointless and totally unnecessary.

I really don’t want this lot running our football club.....period!!

***********ABDALLAH OUT**********

1 hour ago, youngen said:

This is an extreme view for something kind of pointless and minor. Don't break the rules. Simple really. If the FA did their job correctly, it wouldn't have been postponed.

If I remember correctly, they cancelled the game shortly before, so maybe we lost money on travel/hotels etc which could not be recovered. I know some fans did on trains. It doesn't take too long for us to send an email to the FA, to state that they didn't do the check correctly when Stevenage cancelled the game. I don't see the big fuss tbh.

To be fair to 1955, I think he was expressing the cumulative effect of everything that has gone on under the new regime i.e. his frustration wasn't particularly about what is, as you say, one minor isolated issue. 

1 hour ago, wiseowl said:

To be fair to 1955, I think he was expressing the cumulative effect of everything that has gone on under the new regime i.e. his frustration wasn't particularly about what is, as you say, one minor isolated issue. 

That's the issue with the whole thing. It is a cumulative, but every single thing the club does results in an over reaction and ABDALLAH OUT comment. It makes reasonable conversations and scrutiny pointless. 

In the near future I am sure people like PTB or fans forums will get to ask questions, and people will waste the efforts submitting questions that slag the club on issues pathetic like this which aren't really issues. Shitty things like this make the whole question answer things pointless. Rather than holding the club to account for the major issues us as fans have to deal with, such as having a brand new stand closed which numerous fans had tickets for, why fans were allowed in this "unsafe" stand for the previous years, why the other areas we now have to attend in are in terrible condition and are unacceptable, and ultimately a terrible product on the pitch from players purchased by the board and a manager with the worst record of all the managers they've appointed.

But I'm convinced people will want an answer to "why did we grass on Stevenage" instead.

Edited by youngen
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, youngen said:

That's the issue with the whole thing. It is a cumulative, but every single thing the club does results in an over reaction and ABDALLAH OUT comment. It makes reasonable conversations and scrutiny pointless. 

In the near future I am sure people like PTB or fans forums will get to ask questions, and people will waste the efforts submitting questions that slag the club on issues pathetic like this which aren't really issues. Shitty things like this make the whole question answer things pointless. Rather than holding the club to account for the major issues us as fans have to deal with, such as having a brand new stand closed which numerous fans had tickets for, why fans were allowed in this "unsafe" stand for the previous years, why the other areas we now have to attend in are in terrible condition and are unacceptable, and ultimately a terrible product on the pitch from players purchased by the board and a manager with the worst record of all the managers they've appointed.

But I'm convinced people will want an answer to "why did we grass on Stevenage" instead.

I think you're overacting to the small reaction to the Stevenage affair.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Magic Mikey said:

I think you're overacting to the small reaction to the Stevenage affair.

#youngenout

• Like 1

21 hours ago, youngen said:

In the near future I am sure people like PTB or fans forums will get to ask questions, and people will waste the efforts submitting questions that slag the club on issues pathetic like this which aren't really issues. Shitty things like this make the whole question answer things pointless. 

Your whole post read very well youngen.

Oh, how I wish I could have some kind of "young" username again 💀

As you get older, you get more cynical generally. Personally, I think all Q&A sessions are largely a waste of time anyway. You see it all the time (e.g. politicians) - those in power field questions from those who aren't. It's all quite civilised, the power trippers feed a load of sincere sounding bullshit to the masses and everyone's happy. Until the next "Question Time" when a different audience asks all the same questions ... and so it goes on. It tends to merely feed the ego of those asking the questions (my MP listened to me... I was on telly etc.) rather than resolving anything. There are some exceptions - i.e. sincere politicians/people in power - but they are rare nowadays.

It's the same with Latics and those in power as opposed to the fans. We've had Q/A galore - and what's changed really? 

We are way past the Q/A point in my humble opinion. Only direct (and some would say, drastic) action will achieve the change required at BP.

• Like 2

Maybe we can invite Jeremy Paxman to ask the questions, one of the interviewers to make them squirm.😁

On 2/19/2020 at 8:35 AM, youngen said:

I don't doubt it took only a short time, but feels a lot less like making sure we're not adversely affected by the rules, and a lot more like revenge by Popeye.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, wiseowl said:

Your whole post read very well youngen.

Oh, how I wish I could have some kind of "young" username again 💀

As you get older, you get more cynical generally. Personally, I think all Q&A sessions are largely a waste of time anyway. You see it all the time (e.g. politicians) - those in power field questions from those who aren't. It's all quite civilised, the power trippers feed a load of sincere sounding bullshit to the masses and everyone's happy. Until the next "Question Time" when a different audience asks all the same questions ... and so it goes on. It tends to merely feed the ego of those asking the questions (my MP listened to me... I was on telly etc.) rather than resolving anything. There are some exceptions - i.e. sincere politicians/people in power - but they are rare nowadays.

It's the same with Latics and those in power as opposed to the fans. We've had Q/A galore - and what's changed really? 

We are way past the Q/A point in my humble opinion. Only direct (and some would say, drastic) action will achieve the change required at BP.

You get some stick at times, but I really like this post. 

I work for a large company. The management at pretty much any  level are full of it.  Politicians... completely and utterly full of it. 

Its almost a requirement of being in management, the minute you obtain such a position, you must immediately forget the realities of life and attempt to bamboozle people with nonsense. 

I think Townsend summed it up best when he said “meet the new boss, same as the old boss” 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, singe said:

I don't doubt it took only a short time, but feels a lot less like making sure we're not adversely affected by the rules, and a lot more like revenge by Popeye.

Popeye....! Love it!

Double upboat if I could.

Edited by Worcester Owl
  • Like 1