League 2 activity

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, oafcmetty said:

And Tisdale has left Exeter. Expected to tip up at the Winkledome.

Exeter are going to miss him but it's the right time for him and the club to part ways imo.  Really sad that he's probably going to MK as he's the perfect manager for them long term.

Matt Taylor (not the left footed Swindon player/manager) is a safe pair of hands for them.  Former captain, helped bring through players into the first team as U23's manager, liked by fans of all opinions and understands how to work in a trust-run setup.  Doubt they'll make the playoffs again next season mind.

19 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

Shez in the mix for Exeter....

I'm a huge fan of Shez, but some managers fit the ethos of a club and Shez definitely doesn't fit their ethos!

30 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Exeter are going to miss him but it's the right time for him and the club to part ways imo.  Really sad that he's probably going to MK as he's the perfect manager for them long term.

Matt Taylor (not the left footed Swindon player/manager) is a safe pair of hands for them.  Former captain, helped bring through players into the first team as U23's manager, liked by fans of all opinions and understands how to work in a trust-run setup.  Doubt they'll make the playoffs again next season mind.

I'm a huge fan of Shez, but some managers fit the ethos of a club and Shez definitely doesn't fit their ethos!

What is the plural of ethos?

Do clubs still have ethi?

18 minutes ago, L1onheartNew said:

The Greek roots of ethos, suggest the plural should be ethe, or ethea, however ethoses would be acceptable. 

Given that it would be difficult to have a singlular ethos, it is probably plural to begin with. 

1 hour ago, rudemedic said:

The Greek roots of ethos, suggest the plural should be ethe, or ethea, however ethoses would be acceptable. 

Given that it would be difficult to have a singlular ethos, it is probably plural to begin with. 

Ethea sounds like a urinary tract infection. Greeks are taking the piss again.

On 02/06/2018 at 10:21 AM, L1onheartNew said:

On 02/06/2018 at 12:20 PM, L1onheartNew said:

Ethea sounds like a urinary tract infection. Greeks are taking the piss again.

On 02/06/2018 at 12:44 PM, Monty Burns said:

It’s already plural, no?

So a singular one is an Etho?

4 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

There is no such thing as a singular ethos. At an absolute stretch, if you really really must push for it, a singular ethos would be a strand or a belief.

But it isn’t, because there is no such thing.

I Believe I Can Fly.

• 4 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, HallamBlue said:

Is this sold again as was sold in May just before last game according to my Lancaster based friend. 

I think the money has appeared at Companies House. Couldn't see it posted prob because we were in L1 and didn't care! They've signed a few since. 

Archived