League 2 joys.

5 hours ago, singe said:

Looking at release lists. We might be able to re-sign Keanu Marsh-Brown as he'd been released by Forest Green. Deep joy. 

He spent some of the season on loan at Dover. Think he might have found his level. 

I was halfway through writing a post saying I’d only keep Hamer and Edmundson.

However, after much thought, Hunt Gerrard and Dummigan should be very good defenders at our new level.

Gardner if playing alongside another decent CM that doesn’t sulk and want to do everything himself should be good at L2 level.

Holloway and Davies will probably be needed but will again need a nippy poacher next to them. Don’t think we’ll see Doyle next season so we’ll see who we can bring in.

Tweet from Jack Dearden

Time for an honest assessment- on and off the field. Truth and transparency is a good place to start.

Reply from Chambers 

I wouldn’t hold your breath, Jack. Conference on the cards. Oblivion beyond.

I hope it’s an opinion and not based on facts!!

8 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Tweet from Jack Dearden

Time for an honest assessment- on and off the field. Truth and transparency is a good place to start.

Reply from Chambers 

links to these? can’t find them...

30 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Tweet from Jack Dearden

Reply from Chambers 

I hope it’s just an opinion too. If there are any concerns then hopefully the trust are aware of them.

7 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

Tweet from Jack Dearden

Reply from Chambers 

There is no such thing as the Conference any more, and we have only just been relegated to league 2, so I dont know how it is facts. 

Mike Keegan can fuck off aswell. 

Don't take this the wrong way or assume I'm trolling here because I'm not, but be very, very careful next season. We didn't have a pot to piss in when we dropped first time around and had an owner who had reached the end game of disinterest and ended up with pub signings and a rookie manager and even an experienced one couldn't halt the slide (well he did, but he made it worse). There's a tendency for clubs whose sole aim is to 'survive, tread water' to literally fall hard when they fall the first time and that's what happened with us, so your priority should be to make sure you cushion it. Chesterfield and Orient (albeit with a mid table season in between) followed us down. If you finish comfortably mid table next season, don't be too disappointed. Don't follow our example, where we end up losing playoff games against Forest Green and (possibly) Boreham Wood.

4 minutes ago, planetarydeadlock said:

Don't take this the wrong way or assume I'm trolling here because I'm not, but be very, very careful next season. We didn't have a pot to piss in when we dropped first time around and had an owner who had reached the end game of disinterest and ended up with pub signings and a rookie manager and even an experienced one couldn't halt the slide (well he did, but he made it worse). There's a tendency for clubs whose sole aim is to 'survive, tread water' to literally fall hard when they fall the first time and that's what happened with us, so your priority should be to make sure you cushion it. Chesterfield and Orient (albeit with a mid table season in between) followed us down. If you finish comfortably mid table next season, don't be too disappointed. Don't follow our example, where we end up losing playoff games against Forest Green and (possibly) Boreham Wood.

My fear is exactly what you say, having a much less budget next season.

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

We're gonna piss League 2 is my prediction and that will be joy in itself, if the likes of Accrington and Wycombe with a pudding up front can get promotion theres fuck all for us to worry about. :chubb:

Yeah, league two teams like Lincoln and Carlisle will fall before us. 

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

We're gonna piss League 2 is my prediction and that will be joy in itself, if the likes of Accrington and Wycombe with a pudding up front can get promotion theres fuck all for us to worry about. :chubb:

Yes this man, when are the fixtures out so i can destroy the rest of my holidays in work( and my sick).

3 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

This may well come back to haunt you. 

I really hope it doesn't because it means we will have had a great season for a change. You looked at any odds yet?

45 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

This may well come back to haunt you. 

I really hope it doesn't because it means we will have had a great season for a change. You looked at any odds yet?

9/1 to win the League, 5/2 for promotion but I've not searched around yet.