League 2 joys.

1 hour ago, nzlatic said:

When was the last one?  Burton away a couple of years ago??

Don't know how much Division 2 teams get for televised games, but featuring a few times could make up for some of the going down lost revenue.

How many times have Coventry been on this season?

Edited by BP1960

If I counted correctly, this season Sky showed 16 League One and 5 League Two games (plus the play-offs).  Coventry appeared once. Barnet got the most games (two). So it's not going to be a moneyspinner, really.

(Are there any other broadcasters showing EFL games? I didn't think so.)

33 minutes ago, Crusoe said:

If I counted correctly, this season Sky showed 16 League One and 5 League Two games (plus the play-offs).  Coventry appeared once. Barnet got the most games (two). So it's not going to be a moneyspinner, really.

A couple of games plus play off coverage and Wembley wouldn't be bad, although automatic promotion would be be preferable.

3 hours ago, Crusoe said:

Quest will take over from Channel 5 for the highlights etc. next season. I think Quest might have significant links to Channel 5.

A joy would be to see Byrne and McEleney both play in the final 3rd behind a main striker, hopefully Doyle.

Also to see Hamer, Edmundson and Stott flourish in a back 3 as part of a 3-4-3 Chelsea style formation. Dummigan and Nepo to provide the width and Gardner and Fane in the middle.

I do think a lot of our fans are in for a very rude awakening come next season. The idea that players who have performed poorly for a relegated League One side are going to 'do a job' in League Two is laughable. If we want to go up we have to improve on what we've already got, it really is that simple. The gap in quality between the two leagues is minuscule.

Edited by Ryan

18 minutes ago, Ryan said:

I do think a lot of our fans are in for a very rude awakening come next season. The idea that players who have performed poorly for a relegated League One side are going to 'do a job' in League Two is laughable. If we want to go up we have to improve on what we've already got, it really is that simple. The gap in quality between the two leagues is minuscule.

We're fucking Oldham. We'll walk it and take the piss along the way.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Ryan said:

This is true and why I think we need change in players, staff and the losing culture that runs through the club, if we're turn ourselves around. 

32 minutes ago, Twisbrogan said:

This is true and why I think we need change in players, staff and the losing culture that runs through the club, if we're turn ourselves around. 

I agree that we need to bring in a number of new players who are hungry for success, a mix of youth and experience. I too hope that Abdallah has realised that his international approach to player recruitment needs to be carefully thought through - we need a backbone of players who know the English league. It’s not going to be easy but it could be fun if we prepare properly and start well.

Two final things: 

If, as is looking increasingly likely, Wellens stays then he must learn from his mistakes but must also be his own man.

And Eoin Doyle... am I the only one who believes he will sign for us this summer?

Just me then...?

2 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Go down like a bucket of sick with our self entitled supporters that ??

Self entitled - really? :lol:

After a decade at the arse end of League 1 watching dog shit week after week I personally think that our level of acceptance is about as high as a snakes belly.

5 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

Burys ST prices for adults

£225 first early bird phase 

£250 second phase

£350 full price 

think after relegation this should of been our tactic would of definatly got more fans through the gates. 

Your probably right, our unfortunate relegation has probably killed any chance of any further season ticket sales, not sure what ours are actually going for now but I suspect its an obscene amount of money for the division we will be playing in.

2 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Our season ticket prices are stupid. Was a topic of conversation in the pub on sunday and I had to even get them up on my phone twice, because people just didn’t believe the ridiculous prices we charge. 

£11.74 a game? Nah.

6 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Our season ticket prices are stupid. Was a topic of conversation in the pub on sunday and I had to even get them up on my phone twice, because people just didn’t believe the ridiculous prices we charge. 

Early bird prices were as good as anyone’s. It’s not like it’s a surprise that we have an early bird. It happens every year.  If it’s a struggle then just plan for the 12 months to buy in April/May rather than June/July. It’s not difficult. 

Edited by kowenicki

2 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

£11.74 a game? Nah.

Exactly.  People wait until early bird and say.., “not everyone can afford it right now, what about me me me”. It’s not a surprise!! It happens every year ffs. So you can’t afford it now but you san afford to pay £120 more in a month!?  Weird. 

Edited by kowenicki