League 2 joys.

1 minute ago, MAC0AFC said:

Shock MontyBurns is at it again this time of year about the ST prices. Can’t argue that £11 a game is bad value...

Plan for early bird and you won’t be disappointed 

I’ve got one. I’m paying £11 per game. It was a topic of conversation on sunday in the pub. On sunday (and today) its about £16 per match.

People thought it was stupid. I agree with them.

Just now, Monty Burns said:

Fuckin borin that you gota preface any season ticket chat with sumat like ‘unless you buy a ticket about half a year before the season starts, our season ticket prices are stupid.’

What an idiotic comment.   If you intend to buy a season ticket each year what feckin difference does it make?  

1 minute ago, Monty Burns said:

I’ve got one. I’m paying £11 per game. It was a topic of conversation on sunday in the pub. On sunday (and today) its about £16 per match.

People thought it was stupid. I agree with them.

A commercial promotion to entice people is stupid. Ok then.

1 minute ago, Monty Burns said:

Yeah that’s not bad that. That isn’t the price tho is it.

You paid that and I paid that...  I’m confused. 

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

What an idiotic comment.   If you intend to buy a season ticket each year what feckin difference does it make?  

Because I was telling an anecdote about ST prices, I thought to myself ‘I should probs preface this anecdote with the slim window early, early, early price because people will miss the woods for the trees.’

But I thought it was to boring, but, lo and behold..

3 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

I can tell.

Fuckinell.

Selfish much?

So let’s ignore the 12 months notice everyone has...

boring.

will there be an early bird for 2019/20?  Can everyone plan for that now?  Are some people thick and won’t? Will they blame someone else?

”I can’t afford 270 now, I can afford 420 in 8 weeks!”

Edited by kowenicki

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

So let’s ignore the 12 months notice everyone has...

boring.

will there be an early bird for 2019/20?  Can everyone plan for that now?  Are some people thick and won’t? Will they blame someone else?

I operate a similar system for Christmas and summer holidays.

10 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Because this season you had to buy one without knowing which division of football you'd be watching is one? Driving back Saturday I was glad I didn't bother but now the dust has settled I'd be tempted

They need to extend the offer, or create a better one to apologise for the shit we've had to endure since Christmas. They keep saying they want fans through the gate and a good atmosphere, time to do something about it rather than just talking about it

2 hours ago, Ryan said:

I do think a lot of our fans are in for a very rude awakening come next season. The idea that players who have performed poorly for a relegated League One side are going to 'do a job' in League Two is laughable. If we want to go up we have to improve on what we've already got, it really is that simple. The gap in quality between the two leagues is minuscule.

The players we have aren't *that* bad but we have never really been a team and we need a few choice additions.

Wagner said at Huddersfield the best thing they have is the togetherness in the squad. We need players in the squad that will pull us together, run through brick walls for each other. It appears like the dressing room is fractured with players not speaking the same language whether that being literally or just not getting on. The club needs to make an effort to harmonise the dressing room and bring in players with the right characteristics to help do that. Anyone having a hissy fit should be put in their place straight away.

17 minutes ago, cmr said:

Because this season you had to buy one without knowing which division of football you'd be watching is one? Driving back Saturday I was glad I didn't bother but now the dust has settled I'd be tempted

They need to extend the offer, or create a better one to apologise for the shit we've had to endure since Christmas. They keep saying they want fans through the gate and a good atmosphere, time to do something about it rather than just talking about it

What difference does it make which division we are in?  Odd. 

9 minutes ago, cmr said:

The players we have aren't *that* bad but we have never really been a team and we need a few choice additions.

Wagner said at Huddersfield the best thing they have is the togetherness in the squad. We need players in the squad that will pull us together, run through brick walls for each other. It appears like the dressing room is fractured with players not speaking the same language whether that being literally or just not getting on. The club needs to make an effort to harmonise the dressing room and bring in players with the right characteristics to help do that. Anyone having a hissy fit should be put in their place straight away.

League Two isn't *that* bad. Of the four relegated sides from last season only Coventry have managed to get into that top 7, I'd imagine their budget will eclipse that of most of League One. 3 of the promoted sides finished top-half and Donny had a neutral goal difference. We need to increase the quality in the squad, as well as ridding the dressing room of any bad apples, if we're serious about going up.

Edited by Ryan

5 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

What difference does it make which division we are in?  Odd. 

I used to go to every game but now I'll pick and choose my games depending on how we are playing, who/where we are playing and who else is going. I got the bug again this season when we were treated to some excellent games of football when Wellens took over but that soon reverted back to type of enduring matches rather than enjoying them and simply put there are plenty of other things to do with a Saturday, I have plenty of other hobbies and I'll choose to do whatever takes my fancy. It would be watching latics more often if we got to watch a decent game of football. Take the Blackburn game at home for instance, even without us getting the goal at the end it was an enthralling game and probably the best I've seen at Boundary Park, two teams going at each other and you couldn't take your eye off it for a second, that's what I want to see

4 minutes ago, cmr said:

I used to go to every game but now I'll pick and choose my games depending on how we are playing, who/where we are playing and who else is going. I got the bug again this season when we were treated to some excellent games of football when Wellens took over but that soon reverted back to type of enduring matches rather than enjoying them and simply put there are plenty of other things to do with a Saturday, I have plenty of other hobbies and I'll choose to do whatever takes my fancy. It would be watching latics more often if we got to watch a decent game of football. Take the Blackburn game at home for instance, even without us getting the goal at the end it was an enthralling game and probably the best I've seen at Boundary Park, two teams going at each other and you couldn't take your eye off it for a second, that's what I want to see

Fair enough.  Then a season ticket may not be for you any more. Not yet anyway. 

Looking outside the bubble and those of us who will pay whatever I was making the point about the price from the stayaway fans or undecided fans point of view, it really is these fans who we need to get back on board and it's this group that may be put off if they were to look now.

7 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Looking outside the bubble and those of us who will pay whatever I was making the point about the price from the stayaway fans or undecided fans point of view, it really is these fans who we need to get back on board and it's this group that may be put off if they were to look now.

I’m not sure stayaways go from not coming straight to buying a season ticket. For them to be enticed it’s more about pay on the day prices. 

The odd promotion can help. First home game of the season for instance should be heavily discounted. Fiver and kids a quid. Hopefully it’s a sunny day and we win. 

1 hour ago, Ryan said:

League Two isn't *that* bad. Of the four relegated sides from last season only Coventry have managed to get into that top 7, I'd imagine their budget will eclipse that of most of League One. 3 of the promoted sides finished top-half and Donny had a neutral goal difference. We need to increase the quality in the squad, as well as ridding the dressing room of any bad apples, if we're serious about going up.

Coventry bid £100k in Jan offered Davies £3500 a week. I'd say we will be a million miles away from them money wise.

8 minutes ago, Clifford said:

Coventry bid £100k in Jan offered Davies £3500 a week. I'd say we will be a million miles away from them money wise.

Exactly. And they were nowhere near automatic promotion... It's going to be a big shock next season if we don't improve the quality of the squad.

4 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

Fuckin borin that you gota preface any season ticket chat with sumat like ‘unless you buy a ticket about half a year before the season starts, our season ticket prices are stupid.’

Or even three months...?