League 2 joys.

20 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

I can just see our fans munching away on a Quorn Sh*t-Pie at Forest Green.

Forrest Green

1150 on that open end terrace with no seating available this will definitely be the *novelty fixture of the season where we take a few more than usual hoping its the first game of the season and we get some glorious August sunshine. seems a very friendly type of club where you will more likely get a cuddle rather than a bottle thrown at you. 

*It might be nice to visit once but doing it on a regular basis could be pretty shit

Edited by GlossopLatic

4 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

Not sure....I reckon the food-Stasi and sniffer poodles will be searching away fans for sausage rolls hidden about one's person before you go through the turnstles!!!

If they are they'll have your Quorn pie off you, it contains egg...

8 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

Not sure....I reckon the food-Stasi and sniffer poodles will be searching away fans for sausage rolls hidden about one's person before you go through the turnstles!!!

Forrest green go vegan

I googled this I can't say I agree with this at all it makes we want to go to the butchers get some meat and fire up a BBQ this weekend.

I agree with Johnny Marr who said vegetarianism is a choice people should have and they shouldn't impose it on other people. 

Edited by GlossopLatic

5 hours ago, cmr said:

I used to go to every game but now I'll pick and choose my games depending on how we are playing, who/where we are playing and who else is going. I got the bug again this season when we were treated to some excellent games of football when Wellens took over but that soon reverted back to type of enduring matches rather than enjoying them and simply put there are plenty of other things to do with a Saturday, I have plenty of other hobbies and I'll choose to do whatever takes my fancy. It would be watching latics more often if we got to watch a decent game of football. Take the Blackburn game at home for instance, even without us getting the goal at the end it was an enthralling game and probably the best I've seen at Boundary Park, two teams going at each other and you couldn't take your eye off it for a second, that's what I want to see

Support Man City then bud ...

11 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Forrest green go vegan

I googled this I can't say I agree with this at all it makes we want to go to the butchers get some meat and fire up a BBQ this weekend.

I agree with Johnny Marr who said vegetarianism is a choice people should have and they shouldn't impose it on other people. 

They're not imposing it on you. You don't have to go. And if you do go, you don't have to eat the food.

35 minutes ago, leeslover said:

If they are they'll have your Quorn pie off you, it contains egg...

There was a great story back in May 2016 of how the Forest Green players were caught buying meat pizzas at the Greggs in Stroud! It even made HIGNFY.

https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/footballers-forest-green-rovers-ignore-29238

“Jon does like a pizza - he always insists on it being hot."

Fucking hell that's up there with the Bolton Times asking the bemused little old ladies at the local Oxfam to explain the behaviour of aid workers in Haiti. Local journalism at its finest. ?

Edited by rosa

11 hours ago, BP1960 said:

I remember the delights of the old Chester ground away Pete when splashing bugs crawling up the brick urinals was the highlight of a day out.

We also have the delights of the Away terrace at Exeter to look forward to...?

14 hours ago, BP1960 said:

I remember the delights of the old Chester ground away Pete when splashing bugs crawling up the brick urinals was the highlight of a day out.

Urinals we have known and loved

the old Notts County ones were a splash palace too. No roof and overflowing urine 

4 hours ago, LaticsPete said:

Urinals we have known and loved

the old Notts County ones were a splash palace too. No roof and overflowing urine 

The worst was the old Wembley, needed wellies in there at half time.