4 hours ago, palmer1 said:

twitterati saying Corney is taking the advertising boards 

as he hasn't fucked us enough this last year :OASISscarf:

Aren't they owned by his own separate company? If so, why would he not continue to charge the club for them? 

I realised it'll all be set up in some borderline-dodgy, grey area way as I was typing that :lol:

Edited by HarryBosch

17 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Aren't they owned by his own separate company? If so, why would he not continue to charge the club for them? 

I realised it'll all be set up in some borderline-dodgy, grey area way as I was typing that :lol:

I could be completely wrong here, but I thought the crowd funded money for the scoreboard allegedly paid for the perimeter boards?

4 minutes ago, dec666 said:

I could be completely wrong here, but I thought the crowd funded money for the scoreboard allegedly paid for the perimeter boards?

Im amazed that not a single fan who contributed to that scheme didn’t go to the police - it’s fraud simple as 

3 minutes ago, Buckshawlatic said:

Im amazed that not a single fan who contributed to that scheme didn’t go to the police - it’s fraud simple as 

Wanted a board for the scores. Got them. Refunds were offered. No fraud.

Very different than what people thought they were getting though I'll give you that. 

1 minute ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Wanted a board for the scores. Got them. Refunds were offered. No fraud.

Very different than what people thought they were getting though I'll give you that. 

Exactly - some perimeter boards created as a separate company for a man with a token score in the corner is not the huge screen that was advertised. Trade descriptions act if nothing else...

but Fraud by false represention is still valid - he lied and benefitted from it - especially if he does take the boards with his dummy now fans paid for them 

If I’d contributed (I didn’t as I didn’t trust Corney with the money after the last scoreboard fund was schnaffled away) I might not have asked for a refund when it was offered, on the basis that it was something the club could benefit from and did include a scoreboard bit. 

But I’d certainly want one now, if it’s true he’s taking them with him. 

4 hours ago, palmer1 said:

Good, we can watch the games now without being blinded by the light.

Edited by BP1960

3 minutes ago, maddog said:

If I’d contributed (I didn’t as I didn’t trust Corney with the money after the last scoreboard fund was schnaffled away) I might not have asked for a refund when it was offered, on the basis that it was something the club could benefit from and did include a scoreboard bit. 

But I’d certainly want one now, if it’s true he’s taking them with him. 

Except I don’t think the football club would be liable to do so now. And if Preston and Middlesbrough can’t get money out of Corney I doubt a few fans could - may get him on “Can’t pay we’ll take it away”

Just now, Buckshawlatic said:

Except I don’t think the football club would be liable to do so now. And if Preston and Middlesbrough can’t get money out of Corney I doubt a few fans could - may get him on “Can’t pay we’ll take it away”

It’s not the football club that claimed to raise funds then buy something totally different with the money. Although I’m not sure how many contributed, knowing the club wouldn’t own them after all, and that the owner would take them with him on his way out. 

And I think there’s a bit more of a gentleman’s rule about gobbing off about being owed money between clubs (apart from a couple of clubs rightly pissed off with Corney’s antics last season). There’s no such etiquette between fans and rightly maligned ex-owner. 

6 hours ago, palmer1 said:

I thought he got these boards from Chinese investors that he was working to get on board sometime last year. At the time I assumed they were simply supplied as some sort of sponsorship deal and never ours?

18 minutes ago, markgaston said:

I thought he got these boards from Chinese investors that he was working to get on board sometime last year. At the time I assumed they were simply supplied as some sort of sponsorship deal and never ours?

No as I understand and happy to be corrected. A large amount of money raised by the fans for an electronic scoreboard went towards the board as a scoreboard was to expensive. 

This latest sorry episode just further highlights what a shambles we appear to be in...there is no such thing as Oldham Athletc anymore, it’s a collection of money making ventures or asset protecting entities structured by Blitz with the help of Corney and maybe Gazal. The latest dodgy character to get involved is Football agent Lamsagam who doesn’t perhaps know what he has and hasn’t bought and who is and who isn’t involved.

it’s basically now a shit game of monopoly and the pieces include:

The football playing entity

3 sides of the ground

1 shiny new (as yet unfinished) stand

The event centre

The training ground

The advertising boards

Assorted loans or financial constructs

and, no doubt, a number of players contracts via AL’s brothers company which AL has absolutely nothing to do with ?

But don’t worry everyone, we, the loyal supporters, have 3% of er, something and our trusty Trust are keeping a watchful eye so absolutely nothing to worry about

Orient here we come 

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Wonder if Abdallah found out that Simon was telling lies about how much/little money he had, in order to get AL to pay the wages prior to the takeover going ahead...

....be nice if he made sure they were paid on time (inc loan fees to Preston) now he’s taken over wouldn’t it.....?