Retained list - seven released

I've probably been one of Fane's biggest critics this season but I'm delighted he's being kept on. He can clearly do a job as a squad player and will be a more affective player a league below. 

He just shouldn't have started as many games as he did this season, purely for tactical reasons.

53 minutes ago, Crusoe said:

Released

Brian Wilson                87% agreed.
Tope Obadeyi              85% agreed.
Abdelhakim Omrani   99% agreed.
Paul Green                    95% agreed.
Ollie Banks                    92% agreed.
Mason Fawns               33% agreed.
Kallum Mantack            86% agreed.

Contracts offered to 

Jamie Stott                        73% agreed offer terms
Ryan McLaughlin              24% agreed.

Options taken

Cameron Dummigan        89% agreed
Ousmane Fane                    49% agreed.

In discussions with

Wilfried Moimbe                   30% agreed taking up oiption
Jonathan Benteke              13% agreed taking up option
Gevaro Nepomuceno         69% agreed taking up option

So with 114 votes cast at the point of announcement.

Only 3 in disagreement.

21 minutes ago, josh_latics said:

Reckon someone will be willing to take a punt on McLaughlin, be surprised if he signs. 

Holloway would have to be paid off big style. Didn't he sign for Fleetwood on about £1.8k a week, would imagine he didn't take any or much of a cut to join.

Stick another £700 on to that...

1 hour ago, Crusoe said:

Released

Brian Wilson
Tope Obadeyi
Abdelhakim Omrani
Paul Green
Ollie Banks
Mason Fawns
Kallum Mantack

Contracts offered to 

Jamie Stott
Ryan McLaughlin

Options taken

Cameron Dummigan
Ousmane Fane

In discussions with

Wilfried Moimbe
Jonathan Benteke
Gevaro Nepomuceno

Must say I agree with the majority of that list.

I have a lot of respect for Brian Wilson but he's not good enough anymore.  Fawns seemed to have potential but I doubt he would've broken into the first team next season, so probably best for both parties that he's moved on.

Glad that Stott has been offered a deal, no problem with McLaughlin either, if he stays injury free he'll certainly be good enough next season.

Good that we have the option on Dummigan.  Fane's an interesting one, I don't mind him being here as a squad player but surprised with the recent goings on that he's staying.

Good that we're looking to tie up Moimbe and Nepo, not a clue about Benteke.

41 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Don't want to run the risk of him claiming unfair dismissal if they hadn't renewed his contract whilst he was suspended? Given he had played in 90% of our games this season. 

I'd be surprised if anyone successfully argued that not taking up a contract option was evidence of unfair dismissal.

So how much do we think we have saved a week on the  seven released players. seeing as 3 of them  rarely played first team  football would the money get us 2 or 3 better quality players that would be regular first teamers  

9 minutes ago, Handsy said:

So how much do we think we have saved a week on the  seven released players. seeing as 3 of them  rarely played first team  football would the money get us 2 or 3 better quality players that would be regular first teamers  

We're going to have 500k less per year IIRC.

That's £1,400 per week per player.

Not sure the ones released were on that. Mind you that would mean none of the loanees and selling someone like Peter Clarke so that might make it nearer.

1 hour ago, rudemedic said:

Don't want to run the risk of him claiming unfair dismissal if they hadn't renewed his contract whilst he was suspended? Given he had played in 90% of our games this season. 

I don't think the club would have to take an option to extend his contract to protect itself from an unfair dismissal claim.

1 hour ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Must say I agree with the majority of that list.

I have a lot of respect for Brian Wilson but he's not good enough anymore.  Fawns seemed to have potential but I doubt he would've broken into the first team next season, so probably best for both parties that he's moved on.

Glad that Stott has been offered a deal, no problem with McLaughlin either, if he stays injury free he'll certainly be good enough next season.

Good that we have the option on Dummigan.  Fane's an interesting one, I don't mind him being here as a squad player but surprised with the recent goings on that he's staying.

Good that we're looking to tie up Moimbe and Nepo, not a clue about Benteke.

RW said a few months ago Benteke was one for next seasons development squad 

20 minutes ago, latics22 said:

I’d say that pretty positive and we are going to give it a dam good go next year? Looks like all the speculation around fane was bollocks!

?  Wellens confirmed he was suspended for an internal disciplinary offence and that's why he missed the final games.   Perhaps we shot ourselves in the foot on that one. 

2 hours ago, Magic Mikey said:

Shoulda, woulda, coulda Jerry.

For all we know, he could be doing well in training and it needs translating onto the pitch, which could be something Wellens alludes to in his interview...in as much that the disrupting influences need removing for others to achieve their potential. As I said, speculation means f-all...but there we go. Latics also have Duffus to come back from loan.

4 hours ago, aaronoafc said:

and his apparent 4k a week wage! 

I've not seen much of him so can't comment on his worth or ability. Has anyone seen him play a few full games, if so their assessment might give some insight?

Edited by BP1960